Insecurities

6: Insecurities

Zayn: “I don’t want to go,” you mumbled from inside the locked bathroom. “What? Why not,” Zayn questioned, thrown off by the sudden change. Just hours ago you had been bubbling over with the excitement of going to your first premiere. “I changed my mind.” He let out a small laugh. “Well change it back,” he joked lightly. He simply didn’t understand the seriousness of the situation because he could not see through doors; he could not see the way you looked down at your thighs in contempt. Revolted by the way they touched when you stood. “I won’t- I won’t change my mind and I won’t go.” This time he heard the quiver of your voice as you spoke. “Let me in,” he demanded all jesting gone. With hesitation you turned the lock and seconds later he pushed his way into the small room. “What’s this all about love?” You looked to the ground ashamed, before admitting, “I can’t go, I can’t go and stand next to all those women with perfect bodies and perfect gabs between their thighs.” A tear slid from the corner of your eye but he caught it with his thumb rubbing away the wetness. “Perfect,” he questioned softly. “Those women look like they could use a donut- hell they need a baker’s dozen,” he told you. Grapping onto your waist he squeezed affectionately, “Now this,” he murmured nuzzling into your neck. “This is perfect, this is beautiful.”  You could fell his lips curving into a smile against your skin. “Now, why don’t you touch up your make-up so we can go and show all those sticks what real perfection is.” You grinned giving him a chaste kiss. “Thank-you, I needed that.”

Louis: “Why are you crying,” Louis questioned gently as he sat beside you on the bed. “Did something happen,” he persisted, brushing the hair from your face as you lay on your side tears washing over your flushed cheeks. “No,” you mumbled. “Then what,” he asked confused. “Something’s going to happen,” you admitted. His brow knitted, “What’s going to happen, maybe I can do something about it.” You shook your head, more tears falling drifting over the bridge of your nose to drop to the mattress. “You’re going to leave,” you whispered.  “Why would I leave,” a slight panic to his voice, “Did you do something?” His mind was spinning reeling with reason why he would leave, leave the woman he loved. “You’re too good for me and one day you’re going to realize that.” He barely hard the words ghosting across your dry lips and he couldn’t help his shocked disgruntled response, “Bullshit.” Your eyes widened at the force of the word. “That’s just bullshit,” he repeated, voice lower but still clearly irritated. “I love you,” he stated, “You are exactly what I want, exactly what I need and I’m never going to let you go.” He shifted on the bed lying down beside you so he could meet your graze easily. “Even if one day you realize you can do better, I’m not going to let you go, I’m going to selfishly keep you here with me forever,” he smiled kissing your forehead.  “I would never leave you.” He laughed, “Good, cause like I said I wouldn’t let you go anyway.” You smiled at that, what a dork- your dork. 

***

aw...

Kimberley xx