neck kisses

Niall: It’s in the morning, they’re pressed lazily over your skin when you’re still in that half asleep state, his nose warm against your jaw. Your fingers drag gently over his back, tapping and tracing as your bodies reacquaint themselves after the eight or so hours of dreaming. It’s soothing and delightful and probably the best way to wake up.

Harry: They’re for when he smells like alcohol and he keeps stumbling a little and your arms are wrapped loosely around his neck as the two of you press up together and dance lazily. The dance floor is crowded and the lights are flashing, the music pounding, but in your mind, it’s just you and Harry, his teeth grazing over the skin of your neck, hands clasped around your waist.

Liam: You’re stressing over the stove, desperately trying to save your pasta sauce, when Liam ambles in, barefoot against the kitchen tiles, and his arms wrap tight around your waist, lips finding the spot just beneath your jaw. “All okay?” He mumbles, breath warm against your skin, and you slump dejectedly back against him, “It’s all burnt.” His kisses your neck again, and shivers shoot up your spine, “Don’t worry about it, babe, we’ll just order take out.”

Louis: The bedroom is dark, both of you too distracted to bother fumbling for the hotel room light switch, and you can hear him breathing as he kisses you, mouth warm and familiar, and you’ve done this so much but it’s just as good every time. His hands fumble with your jacket before he’s tugging off his sweater, mumbling something against your cheek before he wraps your legs around his waist, teeth nipping at your neck, thumbs smoothing over your thighs. It’s a rush nothing can replace.

Zayn: It can be a comfort sometimes, when your hands are shaking and your throat is tight and sore, eyes burning with tears, and Zayn is there, always there, arms big and reassuring around your body as he tucks his head into your shoulder, eyelashes brushing your neck as he blinks, desperate to soothe you. “It’s okay, everything’s going to be okay,” he whispers, and kisses your shoulder gently before moving up to your neck, pressing warm kisses there until your chest stops shuddering.