Summer

Summer

A/N: So Summer’s over for America? Take a preference all about it so you can say goodbye for another year :)

Niall: He wears tank tops and lets his hair grow out so it curls over the back of his neck, the perfect length for you to knot your fingers in when he kisses you. His skin is tacky with sweat more often, and the windows of the house are thrown open to let the air in, sheets changed from fleece to normal. You stop making soup and make salads instead, cooking a BBQ for your family’s, spending lazy days on the beach, just the little things that make summer, summer, and you feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to spend it with him.

Harry: Summer brings a beaming sun that seems to bless every part of Harry, his eyes sparkling and skin tanning, so you have to resist from pushing him against a wall every time you see him. He pulls his fringe back from his forehead so as not to get so hot, and it’s either a snapback or some kind of scarf he’s used as a headband. It’s probably not the nicest thing you’ve done, but you tend to pull them off, letting his hair curl over his forehead, even more curly from the humidity. You miss snuggly, winter Harry sometimes, in beanies and coats, but you love summer Harry just as much, golden and smiley and resembling some kind of sun god.

Liam: In winter, you and Liam would always be using each for warmth, curled up together, but in summer, it’s almost uncomfortable, too hot, too close, but it doesn’t really stop you. He still smothers you in kisses when he gets home, ignoring your cries of ‘Liam! It’s too hot for this!’ not that you really meant them in the first place. He laughs into your skin as you shed clothing, more out of necessity then to get closer. You end up eating chocolate ice cream in your underwear on the couch, watching television and pressing kisses to skin that wouldn’t usually be exposed.

Louis: Your first child is born on a sticky night in the middle of the hot season, and consequently named Summer, with big blue eyes and brown hair, a warm little body that trusts you and Louis completely. So her first month of life is spent in heat, swaddled in the thinnest blankets you can find, kicking her feet on the lounge room floor in only a diaper while you and Louis coo over her and marvel at the life you’ve created. It’s not surprising summer becomes her favourite season.

Zayn: The heatwave that swoops through your city is ruthless and you and Zayn spend the boiling week inside, collecting fans in the bedroom and marathoning TV shows on your laptop, taking turns going to the bathroom to run the tap over your hair. Zayn doesn’t really have any complaints, because he gets to see you walk around in a thin tank top and underwear, grabbing your hips when you come by and trapping you beneath him, kissing your face and tickling you before the heat of pressed bodies get too much and you move to the bathroom for a cold shower.