Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek

A/N: This is a bit repetitive, I’m sorry, but I hope you like it anyway? Feedback would be super and feel free to request :) X

Niall: You can hear Niall laughing as he approaches your hiding place, opening various doors and peering into cupboards, growing ever closer to where you’re tucked under the bed, biting into the side of your palm to keep from laughing yourself. You jump when there’s a shout of, “Found you!” and twist your head back to find Niall’s head hanging down from the mattress, the tips of his hair touching the floorboards as he grins at you. You stick your tongue out at him, and hear the bed creak as he gets off it, still laughing, although you’ve lost all urge to now as you come to the realization that you’re completely stuck. “Niall?” “Yep?” You squirm a bit more, but you can’t seem to roll onto your back and shuffle out. “I’m stuck.” His face appears again, “Seriously?” You nod, “Seriously.” He’s biting his tongue to keep from laughing, and you roll your eyes at him, “Help, please.” He manages to lift the bedframe enough for you to shimmy out from underneath, dust in your hair, and he rewards your efforts with a kiss. 

Harry: You’re not high on anything, you’re high on life, you’re high on the rush you get when Harry’s around, you’re high on the taste of his mouth and the touch of his fingertips, so when he suggests hide and seek at three o’clock in the morning, you agree, because the last thing you want to do is go to sleep, what if he’s not there when you wake up? You dutifully press your hands to your eyes, laughing as he scrambles from the bed, getting his foot tangled in the sheets and landing on the floor with a thud. His footsteps are audible as he rushes down the corridor, colliding with various hall tables and walls, before it falls silent and you finish counting to thirty. “Here I come, ready or not!” He’s managed to cram himself into a cupboard, and when you pull the door open with a cry of, “Found you!” He proceeds to wrap his arms around your legs and pull you on top of him, telling secrets in a coat closet until the sun comes up. 

Liam: You can hear various members of your family rushing past you as you and Liam huddle under the guest bed, squeezed beneath the mattress and trying not to laugh and give it away, hastily shushing each other as the door opens, your sister (who’s currently the searcher) coming in. She opens the cupboards and looks behind the door, and you squeeze your eyes shut and hold your breath, Liam biting his tongue as the laughter swells in his chest, because you always want to laugh when you’re not allowed to. Luckily, your sister doesn’t even think to check under the bed, mostly because the space is so small she’s pretty sure no one can fit, and as soon as the door shuts behind her Liam’s huffing out laughs into your shoulder while you giggle into his temple. 

Louis: “Babe?” You can hear Louis walking around the flat, peeking into different rooms, and you pull your legs up to your chest, tilting your head back to rest against the cold wall tiles of the bathroom, trying to blink away the tears. “Are we playing hide and seek or something? If we are, you forget to tell me.” There’s a lilt of laughter to his voice, but it disappears as soon as he opens the bathroom door, finding you hunched on the floor, face streaked with tears and eyes rimmed red. “(Y/N)? Is everything okay?” He crosses the room, dropping down in front of you, untangling your limbs to tug you forward and into his arms, “Hey, you’re okay. Don’t cry,” he soothes, wiping your cheeks with his thumbs before tucking your head into his shoulder, “You’re alright, I’ve got you.” 

Zayn: You wander through the apartment, yawning and tugging on the hem of your sweater as you peek into various rooms, the rain pitter pattering down on the windows while you and Zayn spend a lazy day playing hide and seek. “Zayn?” You call, but he doesn’t take the bait, and you open the door to the last room, which happens to be a cross between a closet and a storage space, and Zayn’s basically just piled all the things he doesn’t use but can’t bare to throw away in there. “I know you’re in here,” you taunt, lifting various things, before you pull a blanket away, revealing a grinning Zayn, hunched up in the corner, surrounded by boxes. “Found ya,” you laugh, and he reaches up, pulling you down to sit on his lap, kissing your cheek and humming against your skin. “Let’s just stay here for awhile.”