The haze between awake and asleep.

Niall: Is warm; there’s the reassuring heat of Niall’s body against yours, limbs tangled, his hand spread over your hip. If you flickered your eyelids open, you could see him dozing, his fringe drooping in his face, the hairspray long worn out, his lips parted, chest rising and falling slowly with each breath. It’s warm, and it’s safe and comfy.

Harry: Is funny; your last giggles are still huffing up from Harry’s last stupid pun or joke, but his fingertips trailing along your side is making you rather sleepy, and soon your eyelids are blinking closed, a soft kiss pressed to your forehead from Harry signalling that maybe it’s time to go to sleep. You’re still smiling as you drift off, soft and light, because sometimes being with Harry is like walking on a cloud.

Liam: Is fuzzy; thoughts and surroundings blurring as your brain slows and your muscles relax, but the one thing staying strong throughout is Liam, his skin beneath your fingertips, the soft whoosh of his breathing, the rustling of sheets as he stirs. He’s right there, the whole time, so you don’t feel like you’re falling asleep on your own, you’re safe with the presence of another.

Louis: Is sometimes lonely; occasionally you’re left to fall asleep on your own, because Louis’ on tour or out at an event, and you have to just close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing to try and put yourself to sleep. But if he’s within distance, he’ll come home at the first chance, carefully slipping into the bed beside you, snuggling up, because it’s not like he’s going to be sleeping without you. 

Zayn: Is comforting; because it’s not like he’s there all the time. Sometimes he’s off in a whole different continent or at a party and getting to fall asleep beside him is almost more unusual that usual. His body is warm and strong and reassuring to be next to, the soft murmuring of goodnights he presses into your skin, trying to get as close as possible as your breathing slows and you slacken against him, the promise of him being there when you wake up sending you peacefully into dreamland.

A/N

DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW/VOTE/COMMENT

KIMBERLEY XX