It's beginning to look a lot like christmas

It’s beginning to look a lot like christmas.

listen to this

Niall: You play Christmas music and wear an ugly sweater and Santa hat while you and Niall decorate the tree, Niall draped in all the spare tinsel, a bandana tied around his head and looped over his shoulders. He twirls you around the room to all of the slow ballads, and eats half of the mince pies, and shakes every present with his name written on the card, trying to work out what they are before you snatch them away from him. He lifts you up so you can perch the angel up on the top, but it takes you two a few turns to actually succeed in it, the first time he nearly throws you into the tree, and the next time you’re laughing too hard to get very high. But after a good three hours, you’re sprawled on the couch, admiring you’re beautiful tree.

Harry: There’s decorations on the telephone wires as you and Harry drive to the shopping centre, and when you actually get there, there’s big decorated trees in all the windows, a special place set up for Santa, and every shop window has either lights strung around it. You get excited at every new decoration, because, well, it’s Christmas! It only happens once a year! Harry finds it absolutely adorable, of course, and laughs at every new squeal that emits from your mouth as you point up at the ceiling, ornaments hanging from it.

Liam: The supermarket is teeming with chocolate Santa’s and decorations and fake trees, and while you and Liam only go in to grab some fruit and milk and cereal, you end up wandering the aisles, grabbing tinsel and candy canes and mince pies (no one needs to know you didn’t bake them yourselves), and with every new item you get a little more excited. Liam’s wears the Santa hat you picked up while you buy everything, and it’s rather amusing, the little white bobble bouncing around as the two of you hurry to the car with the bags, shoulders hunched up against the cold. And of course as soon as you turn on the radio it’s Mariah Carey singing about how all she wants from Christmas is you. 

Louis: You spend an afternoon hanging lights along the porch roof and decorating your christmas tree, singing christmas songs and stuffing your faces with candy canes and mince pies. Louis drapes tinsel everywhere, so that it’s dangling over your tv and along the kitchen counters, so you have to follow him around the house, insisting that you don’t really need it decorating the headboard, and adjusting so it’s not quite so chaotic. But by the end of the day the house smells like baking and pine needles, and you and Louis watch christmas movies curled up in front of the tv, still wearing santa hats. 

Zayn: It’s Alice’s first christmas where she really understands what’s going on. You take her to sit on Santa’s lap and every morning she rattles off how many mores sleeps until christmas day. Harry buys her reindeer ears which she insists on wearing every day, and Louis spoils her with special elves and santa’s helpers outfits for all her barbies so she can play with them around the christmas tree. You bake mince pies together and write a letter to santa with her present list on it, and she almost vibrates with excitement, her cheeks flushed and dark eyes wide, all four year old innocence.