Family Time

Family Time

A/N: It’s been awhile since I wrote children! I hope this is okay, feedback would be awesome :) x

Niall: Delilah is barely old enough to stand on her own, and is taking great enjoyment in pulling all of Niall’s clothes out of the half packed suitcase on the bedroom floor. “Delli, don’t do that,” he laughs, grabbing her and lifting her up onto the bed with you where you’re folding the pile of Luca’s clothing that’s he’s brought in for you to pack. And now he’s hiding in the closet while you pretend not to see him so he can jump out and surprise you. There’s a buzz in the air, excitement for the family holiday, but packing is still just as entertaining.

Harry: Harry barely fits on the slide, having to shuffle in beneath the bar to sit at the top, Peyton happily squeezing past him to settle down in his lap, clutching onto his hands which are clasped around her waist, while you wait for them at the bottom, waving at the beaming three year old. They count down together, before Harry pushes off, sending them off down the spiralled slide until his feet hit the tanbark, Peyton’s pealing laughter filtering through the air.

Liam: Jessica’s cheeks have small indents in them when she turns around, from the bars of the gorilla enclosure, and it’s the sweetest thing to watch, her eyes lit up and gleeful as Liam approaches her, letting her point out the five (“Five, daddy! A whole family!”) gorillas to him. You watch from where you’re idly pushing and pulling the stroller back and forth, Max having fallen asleep after the giraffes. The zoo is Cassie’s favourite place at the moment, and by the time you leave (for the second time this week) Liam’s spoilt her with a plush elephant half the size of her and a chocolate ice cream (a strawberry one for Max, along with a black panther toy), which she’s managed to get all over her face as she skips towards the car.

Louis: Dinner as a family is the rule you’ve always enforced since the day Nicholas was born, and even now, when that little baby you first bought home is a moody sixteen year old, he still manages to slope down from his room and eat with you, Louis, Violet and Aubree. You’ll each share the high point of your day, and the low point, the talking accompanied by the clattering of cutlery and the occasional shout as someone knocks over a water glass or manages to sneakily pinch their siblings side, but it’s a thing for your family, and no matter how much they protest, everyone looks forward to it.

Zayn: Pia shrieks as Zayn throws her into the pool, and Aiden chokes on water as he laughs so hard he sinks below the surface, coming up spluttering, but still mirthful as his sister bobs up, trying not to laugh as she glares at Zayn. “Dad!” He grins at her, and you raise an eyebrow from where you’re stretched out on a recliner, smiling yourself. Zayn proceeds to dive gracefully into the clear water, but when his head comes up, he’s met with a wave of water splashed by Pia, who swims away as soon as he wipes the drops from his eyes. Aiden’s still laughing as Zayn begins to chase her, dunking her beneath the water before she comes up and latches onto his back, insisting he give her a ride back to the deep end.