'More Than This' by One Direction

‘More Than This’ by One Direction

A/N: This is way overdue, I’m so sorry, but I’ve finally written it, and I’m quite proud of it, they’re all unrequited love except for Zayn, sorry! Niall’s is a bit different though, but not in a good way :( I hope you like it anyway! x

Niall: (If I’m louder, would you see me? Would you lay down in my arms and rescue me?) Niall’s not sure how to get your attention. He’s not sure how to bring you back and come down for wherever you are, and realize that he’s drowning and you need to save him. He’s kind of falling apart, tearing at the seams, ripping into tiny little pieces, and no one can help him except you, no one can patch him up, he needs you. He needs you to come back and kiss him and hug him tight and promise to never leave. He’s left to sit in a corner with a bottle of hard liquor, and mourn for everything that could have been if you hadn’t decided to drive to the shops alone in the middle of the night.

Harry: (Cause I can love you more than this) Harry’s never ached for someone before, he’s never looked at someone, for god’s sake,thought about someone, and felt actual, physical pain. That’s never, ever happened to him before. He’s never loved this hard, this fully, this importantly. You’re what he wants, what he needs, and he can only watch, lips bitten and red as your boyfriend parades you around like some sort of trophy, and god, he could love you so much better. He’d look after you and care for you and stay home and watch movies with you, but for some reason the universe hates him, and he’s left to want and watch and wish.

Liam: (I’m blinded, cause you are everything I see) Liam can’t think, he can’t see, can’t feel, his mind is foggy and hazy and it’s just you, you, you, you. He doesn’t know how to stop it, doesn’t know to end it, to escape it, you’re following him everywhere, embedded deep into his bones, reminding him, over and over and over, that you’re there, you’re a real person, and he can’t have you, he can’t touch you, can’t kiss you, can’t love you. You’re someone else’s, not his, never his, but still, no one could ever compare to you anyway. You’re his beauty, no matter how unrequited the love is.

Louis: (When he lays you down I might just die inside) One of the worst things Louis’ ever had to watch, is you fall in love with Stan, and Stan with you. Because, shit, Stan’s Louis’ best friend, he’s meant to support him, tell him his girlfriend’s great, but, to Louis, you’ve always been the girl he’s completely mad for, but too shy to say. You’re the girl from back home that the mere thought of calms him down he’s panicking in an empty hotel room in the middle of America. So, it’s weird, it’s awful to come home to you and Stan being an item. And watching the two of you cuddle on the couch while watching a movie, or chasing each other through the park, or just standing together, always touching, it kind of kills him a bit, rips him up a bit more every time.

Zayn: (I’ve never had the words to say, but now I’m asking you to stay, for a little while inside my arms) Zayn’s never been a lovey dovey guy. He’d rather push the emotions down, bottle them up, pretend he’s fine, pretend everything’s okay, avoid it all, and that’s always worked for him, that’s always allowed him an escape route. But you’re different. You’re special. You make him question every single theory he’s ever come up with about how love is fake. But there’s still that brick wall, guarding his feelings from pouring in, so he just has to hold you tight, breathe in your smell, and pray you’ll let him do everything in his own time.