'Acapella' by Karmin

‘Acapella’ by Karmin

A/N: Requested, enjoy! :)

Niall: (Used to be your baby, used to be your lady) Another wedge of heartbreak lodges itself in your ribcage every time you flip the magazine page and find Niall beaming up at you, or you have to sit through the This Is Us trailer while watching a cinema, your friend watching you sympathetically. The thing with dating a boy band member is that the breaks up is even harder, because you literally can’t escape them, Niall’s everywhere. There’s nothing you can do about it, either, you can only watch on miserably, remembering how you used to be the one by his side.

Harry: (Thought you were the perfect lover) Harry was so, so wonderful at first, dimples that you could kiss and long arms and a warm chest you could snuggle in to. He’d text you during the day, just random things that no one but you knew about, and it was lovely, your stomach doing special little flips whenever you saw him. But every good thing must come to an end, the periods spent apart becoming more and more tense, less laughs and more tears, until, finally, the cracks became too much and the relationship fell apart around you, leaving you to wonder how on earth everything went wrong.

Liam: (All the harmonies went falling out of key) It wasn’t fast by any means, it was small things that just built up over time until you were literally watching your relationship slipping through your fingers like tiny grains of sand. And maybe that was the hardest thing, trying desperately to fix everything, patch up all the holes, even Liam was making a huge effort, coming home early to cook you dinner, but it was just collision after collision, arguments splitting the quiet night air until one night you’re lying in bed with a silent Liam beside you, and you just know, this is it, this is the end of everything you hold dear, just as you knew when you first met him that he was the one for you.

Louis: (He had that Colgate smile) Louis’ smile used to light up your world, crinkly eyes and pink lips parting to display pretty white teeth. He’d laugh and cover his mouth and kiss you when you peeled his fingers away. You’d save a stupid pun you heard until you get home and recite it to him while you were making dinner and he’d call you an idiot and kiss your cheeks over and over until they were flushed, and then he’d mumble against your mouth how you aren’t really an idiot and that he loves a whole lot. So it hurts even more when that’s ripped away from you, no more of Louis’ smile to light your day, no one to tell lame jokes to, just from something as simple as a break up.

Zayn: (Watch me hit it solo) It’s rather empowering, leaving Zayn in the dust as you pick yourself up and get a promotion and good grades, your life falling slowly back into order. Zayn had picked you up and threw your life out of proportion, kissed you hard, and put you back own, leaving you to fix everything up on your own. And so, yeah, it’s calm and life’s smooth now, but the feeling of pure bliss you always felt with Zayn is something you’ll miss with your whole heart, chest aching every time you think of it.