You Have Social Anxiety

A/N: I haven’t actually researched this much, just taken things from my experiences :) I hope you like it anyway :) Feedback would be amazing x

Niall: Niall’s loud and confident and charismatic, and it’s everything you’ve ever wanted to be, to be able to walk over to a complete stranger and strike up a conversation. But, something stops you every time, that underlying fear of, what if they don’t like me, what if they think I’m ugly, so you just kind of trail behind Niall, and pray no one notices how uncomfortable you are. But Niall does. Niall notices, his careful eyes realizing much more than you think, and without you really working it out, he begins to ease you into things you normally wouldn’t do, introducing you and leaving a beat of silence that you have to fill in before it gets awkward, and eventually you can do it on your own. Although you may never get up to introducing yourself, it’s still something, and it’s better than refusing to go anywhere.

Harry: Harry catches on pretty quickly, probably from the way you shrink into him and blink back tears every time you get mobbed, even just a little by fans, or how you walk with your head down, not making eye contact with anyone, not going out much. And, yeah, he’s known a couple of people like that, but it’s different with you, because you’re so beautiful and lovely and nice, and he doesn’t understand why you would be self conscious. But he’ll help you, he won’t push you into things you’re not comfortable with, this is the way you are, and he’s fine with that.

Liam: Liam knows what it’s like to be shy, but not to this extent, where on certain days you can’t leave the house. But, he’s done his research as soon as you quietly slipped it into conversation, and he knows how to treat it, how to deal with it, and begins to approach it, easing you into trying different things, and sometimes it sucks and instead of the successful outcome Liam’s hoping for when he surprises you with a ticket to a movie premiere, he finds you having a full blown panic attack. But holding tight to Liam’s hand, you begin to improve, and, eventually, you’re able to accompany him down the red carpet, and even though your head is lowered, and you don’t make eye contact, you still do it. 

Louis: Louis’ so crazy and loud and reckless, and that’s kind of scary for you at first, this never ending energy that surrounds him, making people come towards him like he’s a magnet, because he’s just one of those people that everyone wants to be around. And you’re happy for him, you really are, that he can be around so many people and feel comfortable, but you honestly don’t how he does it, how he can just start talking to people like they’re his best friend. But, it’s a good chance for you to watch and learn, and although you will always shy away from strangers and people you don’t know very well, holding Louis’ hand gives you some sort of boost of confidence, and that in itself just shows how amazing he is.

Zayn: Zayn kind of gets it, he really does, that urge to shy away and just be quiet and alone. And it’s special that he gets this, not everyone does, he also gets why, when you know someone well, you’re fun and crazy and charming, so the whole ‘really self conscious around people’ thing  has never been a problem between the two of you, thankfully. He’s lovely and special and sweet and understanding and, well, the person you want to wake up next to every morning and go to sleep with every night.