Tears

Tears

A/N: I’ve been teary all day. Sigh. Periods suck. TMI?

Niall: “Hey,” Niall’s gentle, “Hey, no tears,” fingers swiping carefully beneath your eyes as he hugs you. “No tears, sweetheart.” His mouth is warm and soft, pecking kisses over your face as he wipes away every stray water drop from your skin. “No tears, baby, you’re too pretty to cry.” 

Harry: “Are you crying?” You shake your head at first, sniffing and trying for a watery smile, but Harry’s not stupid, and he rushes over, arms wrapping around you, fingers tilting your chin up so he can see your face. “Hey, hey, hey. Don’t cry. Don’t cry, babe, I’ve got you. It’s okay.” He’s warm and comforting, holding you tight against him and kissing the top of your head, your face buried in his shoulder, “Everything’s going to be okay.” 

Liam: “Please don’t cry,” Liam murmurs, swaying back and forth gently while you let out watery, choked sobs into the thin cloth of his t-shirt, swallowing hard to try and compose yourself. “I love you so much, I hate seeing you cry. It’s all going to be alright.” You shrug helplessly, fingers twisted in his top, and his arms tighten around you, his lips kissing your ear gently, “Everything’s going to be okay, sweetheart, I know it.” 

Louis: “Oh my god, hey.” Louis’ a bit shocked at first, rushing across the room to get to you, hands hovering over your shoulder and down to your wrists before around to your back to pull you tight against him. “Hey, don’t cry, it’s okay. I’m here.” You laugh weakly into his shoulder, the woollen material of his jumper pressed against your face. “M’sorry.” “No, no, don’t be sorry. It’s fine. I just, please don’t cry. It breaks my heart.” 

Zayn: “Wait, shit, no, don’t cry.” The argument is quickly forgotten as your first tears make their appearance, welling up before dripping sadly down your cheeks. You wipe them away, frustrated, but Zayn’s anger has completely disappeared now as he hesitates in front of you, not sure if he’s allowed to touch, before mumbling another, “Don’t cry.” He tugs you forward and into his chest, arms tight around you, not letting you leave, not that you really want to. “Please don’t cry, I’m so sorry, baby.”