'I don't want to go home'

‘I don’t want to go home.’

Niall: It’s mumbled nervously on his front doorstep, your lips shaping the words while you scuff your foot against the concrete, and the top of his cheeks flush slightly, mouth dropping open, before he recovers himself, nodding and grinning, his hands shoved in his pockets (really to make sure he doesn’t reach out and touch you when he shouldn’t). He hastily unlocks his front door, hand on the small of your back as he leads you inside, the warm glow from the light he left on in the kitchen spilling out onto the carpet of the hallway. He turns to find you right there, smiling anxiously up at him, and the next word said is your name, murmured against your mouth as Niall presses you to him, not really able to resist anymore.

Harry: Harry’s fingers are entwined with yours, the sheets tangled around your legs as his thumb draws slow circles on the back of your hand. “I don’t want to go home, I’d much rather stay here with you.” You laugh at him, carding your fingers through his hair which is yet to be styled, sticking up everywhere, in fact, neither of you have actually left the bed today, the impending doom of his flight leaving tonight hanging over you. “I’m not that interesting.” He pouts, sticking his lower lip out like a child and shuffling closer, “You’re plenty interesting. I’m very interested by you.” “Not really,” you can feel him breathing, his chest rising and falling against yours as his mouth hovers mere centimetres from yours, “Yes really,” he mumbles, before closing the distance and trying to forgot how little time he has left with you.

Liam: You’re lying on the floor of Liam’s lounge room, his hip pressed to yours as he lies next to you, the clock on the wall slowly ticking over past midnight. “I don’t really want to go home.” “Then stay.” You turn your head to find him smiling at you, mouth red from how much you’ve kissed in the last few hours, brown eyes wide and sleepy. “Are you sure?” “Yeah, my beds much too big for just me, I’ll make you breakfast in the morning and you can read the cartoons in the newspaper and then I’ll drive you to school and we can do all sorts of couply things like that.” You blink at him, not quite sure whether he’s being serious. “C’mon,” he coaxes, shifting to roll over onto his side, hand falling to rest comfortably on your stomach, “It’ll be fine.” “You’re surer than sure?” “I’m so sure I would run out onto the balcony and tell all of London how sure I am.” You kiss him in answer, because, really, what on earth did you do to deserve such a wonderful person to love.

Louis: You’re crying and verging on hysterical and Louis is right there the whole time, holding on to you tightly while you sob and sniff into his shoulder, clinging to him, your life saver in a storm ridden ocean. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I just – I really don’t want to go home.” “I know, sweetheart, I know. It’s okay. You can stay here with me as long as you want.” And maybe you go home that night, or maybe you stay and sleep on the side of the bed that is usually empty and he loves having you there to hold in the middle of the night, but it’s still the knowledge that it’s okay, Louis’ here, and you’ve always got a place to stay, that makes you brave enough to stand back and wipe your face and realise that, no matter what, it’s all going to be okay.

Zayn: “That’s okay, we can just stay here a bit longer.” He smiles down at you, skin warm and dressed down in sweatpants and a white t-shirt, hands running gently through your hair while you lie with your head in his lap, the TV throwing colours around the dim lounge room, a movie you can’t remember the name of playing. You don’t end up going home that night, instead you fall asleep about three quarters through and Zayn finds it so much easier to sleep when he can feel you breathing against him, so you wake up on the couch with a crick in your neck, but Zayn pressed up behind you, arm draped over your waist and feet tangled with yours, and the pain in your back that dogs you all day is most definitely worth it.