'The best relationships are born from the best friendships'

‘The best relationships are born from the best friendships’

A/N: I’ve written a more detailed version of this topic, and part one can be found here, part two here. This is basically where you grow up together and then fall in love. Feedback? (good or bad, I don’t mind) x

Niall: When you were five years old, Niall bumped into you accidently from behind and you tripped, skinning your knee on the pavement. Niall walked you home for the first time that day, with brown hair falling in his eyes and apologies rolling from his lips. The next day, he was waiting outside your front gate when you left for school, and you quickly fell into a routine. That was that. You were a team, (Y/N) and Niall, Niall and (Y/N). That was just the way it was. So when you’re sixteen and he’s about to leave for the X Factor house, and he leans the extra bit forward, bumping his mouth gently against yours, a hand holding your head steady, a relationship is just another thing you both ease into you, holding hands and smiling, full with the knowledge that you have someone next to you, ready to catch you if you fall. 

Harry: You can’t remember the first time you saw Harry, you were too young, it didn’t seem important at the time, he was just a kid, and he’s always just been there. Harry next door with the green eyes, and the two of you have always been friends. It was just always that way, you’d walk to school together, and then back home again. You wouldn’t hang out in class together necessarily, but he was just there, Harry Styles, who you could always rely on. You watched the journey through X-Factor, cheering them on from your couch back in Holmes Chapel, and when he comes home, it’s just the same, except girls follow him around now. But as time goes on, and he’s not around as much, the ache of missing him spreads, and the next time you see him, when he pulls over on the drive home from the airport and leans over and kisses you, it feels just right. 

Liam: Liam’s your typical boy next door, funny and handsome and charming, all the girls fawning over him, and it’s nice being able to be his friend, to trust him with your secrets and worries and fears, and know he’ll keep them safe and reassure you. So when he auditions for X-Factor for the second time and gets catapulted into super stardom, your friendship kind of fizzles out a bit, because fame does that to you, you go in different directions, relationship stripped down to weekly phone calls and occasional Skype sessions. And you watch him go through love and heartbreak, and every time he’d come back to you, and every time you’d hold the words back. Until it’s the middle of the night and he’s crawling into your bed, sniffling and with wet cheeks, and you can’t help but tell him how you’d love him so much better, and he can’t help but kiss you and agree. 

Louis: For a while there, Louis was your worst enemy  he was loud and crazy and reckless, and you didn’t want anything to do with him, not at all, you were quite happy avoiding him at all costs, thank you very much. So when you’re watching the X Factor one night and find him on your television with four other boys, you’re not quite sure what to think. But, you watch the series nonetheless, and can’t help but find yourself rooting for them. And when you bump into each other at the supermarket, you can’t really run away, so end up talking for a good half an hour, and he’s really not as bad as you thought, he’s sweet and gentlemanly, so when you both get drunk at a house party a few years later, and end up kissing against a wall, you can’t quite bring yourself to mind. 

Zayn: Zayn was your first friend, your first kiss, your first boyfriend, he’s always been first for you. Zayn was always one of your priorities  whether he was okay, where he was, if he was happy, and it’s kind of always been the same for him, the two of you stuck like glue, always hovering on the edge of an actual relationship, and everyone just assumed you would eventually tip over. But, the whole fame thing kind of tore you apart, pulled you in separate directions, you were going to university, he was off taking over the world, rumors of girlfriends hitting you left right and center, so, yeah, you kind of pushed the feelings down and let him go. But when he comes home after their first American tour, and the two of you spend an afternoon watching movies and eating chocolate, he leans over, kissing you lazily and softly, and he tastes of coke and sugar, and it’s Zayn, so of course you let him, and maybe, just maybe, this could work.