Beanies

Beanies

Niall: Niall rarely wears them, but when he does, he looks absolutely adorable, usually half asleep as you hurry through the chilly morning to the shop because of course you didn’t have any milk or bread when you eventually got up this morning. His fringe is falling in his eyes, the thick grey material pulled down, one arm wrapped around you to try and keep you warm as you finally enter the small corner store, still in pyjama pants.

Harry: He wears them a lot, all different colours (some better than others) and you tend to steal them quite a bit, when your hair isn’t behaving or it’s cold outside or even if he’s away and you need a little bit of him to carry around with you for the day. They’re warm and smell like his apple shampoo and you can twist them in your hands when you’re nervous, and it’s almost like he’s right beside you, a warm hand on your shoulder, reassuring you that everything’s going to be just fine.

Liam:  His are always a little big on you, and he tugs them down over your eyes teasingly, tugging you close against him as you yank it back up, suddenly finding his face much closer than it was before, his brown eyes sparkling and lips pink and smiling. You blush, always, because it’s always such a rush to be this close to Liam, feel him breathing against you. “Beanies are a good look on you,” he gleams, brushing his nose gently against yours, “Especially mine.”

Louis: He watches from the bed, white covers pulled up around him, still half asleep with messy hair and mellow eyes while you get dressed, shimmying into jeans and a jumper. “You look pretty,” he mumbles, mouth slightly smushed into the pillow, and you glance back to give him a little curtsey. His shoulder blades tense while he laughs, the golden skin taut and very much on display, making your throat go dry with the need to just crawl back into bed. Instead, you settle for a beanie that he’s left on the dresser, tugging it on while Louis smiles, ruffling his hair and rolling over, although he keeps his eyes trained to you, because he can never really tear his gaze from you, but when you’re wearing his clothes it’s even harder.

Zayn: He tends to wear snapbacks instead, but when it’s threatening to snow outside and he needs to go pick up the take away, he steals one of yours, emerging from the bedroom in a jacket and his hair flat on his forehead, the black beanie making you feel like maybe the Chinese isn’t so important and you should just drag him back into the bedroom. But he goes and returns with boxes of noodles which you eat on the floor in front of the television, and he leaves the beanie on, because of course he’d noticed the way you’d bit your lip when he first came in, so if the noodles go half eaten and you finally give in and pull him to the bedroom, no one needs to know.