You cry in front of him for the first time

: You Cry In Front Of Him For The First Time

Niall: It’s just a stupid movie and you’re getting all stupidly emotional because they just need to be together. Luckily, the sweater you’re wearing is too big (that might be because it’s Niall’s) and so you end up covering your mouth with the sleeves, hiding the way your face is screwing up with the urge to cry. The tears are just spilling over as the music in the background reaches an achingly beautiful peak and the movie reaches it’s pinnacle of angst, when Niall realises, tearing his eyes from the tv screen to notice your wet cheeks. “Babe!” He cries, and suddenly there’s warm arms wrapping around your shaking shoulders as he tucks you into his chest, laughing into your hair as he presses kisses to the top of your head. “It’s okay, baby, they’ll be together in the end.” You finish the rest of the film in his arms. 

Harry: You’re tired and your head hurts and today is really not the day for you to bed told that in less than a week Harry will be whisked away from you, yet again. He’s sat you down in the kitchen, hands clasped in front of him as he explains the way it’s gonna work, and he’s even bought you a calendar, decorated the days with markers, hearts for the days he’s here, sad faces for the ones he’s not, and smileys for the ones where he knows you’ll be able to come visit. And it’s lovely and he’s trying to ease the blow as much as possible, but you still end up pressing your lips together as tears pool, and his chair is scraping on the tiles as he rounds the table in record time to hug you, hiding your face in his shoulder. “It’s okay,” he reassures, hand smoothing over the back of your head, “Hey, it’s okay. We’ll make it through.” 

Liam: You’re sitting on the floor of the bathroom, scraping your hands through your hair and gulping in great gasps of air because there’s just a lot of pressure crushing down on your shoulders and you just want to be happy. And okay. And secure. And comfortable. So to have Liam bursting in, all concerned eyes and reassuring hands, it kind of just breaks your heart even more, because your make up is smeared and your eyes are red and your chest is sore. But he’s right there, is the thing, he doesn’t make excuses or leave you alone to sort it out, he crouches down beside you, thumbing at the tears on your cheeks before gathering you into his arms, rocking you gently back and forth, lips at your ear as he soothes you. 

Louis: Your hands shake and your throat burns and he tilts his head to one side, confused, as you swallow hard, staring down determinedly at the floor. And then it all clicks for him and he’s rushing across the room, wrapping you up tight in his arms as you shatter against his chest. “Hey, hey, hey,” he coos, swaying the two of you back and forth a little bit as he tucks his nose into your neck, pressing a warm kiss onto your skin while you bawl your hands into the back of his sweater. “It’s okay, everything’s gonna be alright. I’ve got you,” he murmurs, something solid for you to cling on to as everything goes to hell. 

Zayn: You’re smiling even as you wipe furiously beneath your eyes, because, well, you’re desperate. How lame, crying in front of this boy over something as small as this. You’re sitting crosslegged on the bed, turning away from his as you try and swallow on the sobs, but Zayn is already scrambling up from where he was lying, shoving his laptop away to hug you, pulling you back around, hands cupping your cheeks. “Are you okay?” You shrug, bottom lip trapped beneath your teeth as the tears spill over. “You will be,” he says,letting you duck your head down onto his shoulder, and with his hands rubbing soothing circles onto his back, you realise that he might be right.