Flowers

Flowers

A/N: Do you like the longer or shorter preferences better?

Niall: Niall brings these to you when he knows you’ve had a bad day. Presenting you with a new bouquet of roses or lilies or tulips, kissing you and holding you tight and promising you that it’s going to be okay, tomorrow will bring nicer things and nicer people. It’s a good thing to brighten you up, a good strategy of his, to distract you with the filling of a vase and his presence, here to make everything alright again. 

Harry: One rose for every Sunday he’s gone. Sunday has always been your day, the day the two of you can take away from the world and spend doing whatever you want, so when he can’t be with you to lie in bed and have tv marathons and eat pizza, he’ll send you a perfect red rose, whether he’s simply in an interview, or another country, it will turn up at your doorstep, the promise of his return. 

Liam: Flowers have always been kind of important for you and Liam, the fact that you met in a florist making them almost sentimental. He’ll buy you a bouquet from the place every anniversary, and your heart always jumps a bit whenever you pass it, the familiar sign above the door, the shop holding so much more than just a few vases of flowers. 

Louis: It’s cliche, but you tend to buy Louis flowers after a big performance, or a big award, or big achievement. You won’t give them to him in front of everyone, choosing to hand them over when you get home, and he always blushes, laughing sheepishly and kissing your cheek over and over, the flowers forgotten on the counter as he thanks you, because it always mean a lot more than just a simple bouquet. 

Zayn: They’re littered everywhere in the apartment, filling practically every surface, and more just keep coming, more letters of condolences and sadness that Zayn has to sit and read. The flat is cold and empty now, and the flowers and cakes and cards do nothing to fill it. It’s just him now, moving through the day almost zombie like, struggling desperately without you here anymore.