Your child loses their first tooth

A/N: So I only have my own experience of tooth fairy’s, which was just a couple of dollars under my pillow in the morning and a reply to the letter I had written to the tooth fairy (obviously my Mum’s handwriting with a few curls on the letters, although I remained in blissful ignorance until I was about seven, although I still got money until my last tooth fell out) so sorry if it’s different to how you would do it!

Niall: Charlotte is six when she loses her first tooth, and she’s both panicked and excited, the startled scream of ‘Mum!’ echoing down the hall. She’s cupping it in one hand, the other in her mouth, fingers pressed into her gum, blood staining her lips. “I’m bleeding!” Tears pool quickly as you hush her, grabbing a tissue to wrap the white baby tooth in and placing it on the bedside table. “You’ve only lost your tooth, baby, don’t worry.” Niall arrives in her bedroom, already holding a fresh glass of water for the tooth. “You lost a tooth?” He exclaims and the tears threatening to appear quickly dry up at the sight of him, as Charlotte beams, “I lost a tooth!” “Let me see,” he kneels down beside the bed, carefully picking the tooth up to inspect it. Charlotte finds the whole process hilarious of course, everything Niall does she finds hilarious. It’s rather adorable.

Harry: Aurora bawls when her tooth falls out, not wanting to part with it at all. “But I want to keep all my teeth!” “You’ll get them back!” Harry comforts, crouching down in front of her as you hover, holding a glass of water for the tooth. “New teeth will grow back, darling. Adult ones. Like Mummies and mine.” He bares his teeth to prove his point, but she just sobs harder. “I don’t want to be an adult. I want little teeth.” “Honey, they will be little! They take a long time to grow.” She shakes her head and Harry hugs her tightly, ignoring the fact that she’s probably dripping blood onto his white t-shirt. “It’ll be okay, love. We’ll put it under your pillow, and during the night, the tooth fairy will come!” She pulls back immediately, smiling, “A fairy?” That seems to brighten her up a bit.

Liam: Max accidently hits Chloe in the mouth, and so the still only a little bit wobbly tooth had come right out, with a fair bit of a blood as well, much to Chloe’s terror.  Liam has to do quite a lot of damage control, rushing around trying to get a glass of water and clean up the blood and reassure his daughter (Max is quite happy to just keep on playing with his trains, all three year old ignorance), but by the time you get home, all is well. Chloe’s insisting on taking the glass of water complete with lost tooth everywhere with her, afraid someone might drink it. Liam is rather stricken though, suddenly aware of how quickly his little girl is growing up.

Louis: James has been waiting for his tooth to fall out for the past few week, constantly poking at the wobbly one with his tongue, chewing extra hard on everything he eats. So, when it finally does come out, it’s a bit of a hullaballoo, James hurtling into the lounge room one night after he’s gone to bed, holding up his hand proudly. “It came out!” It’s quite the sight, a five year old in dinosaur pyjamas and mouth stained a little bit with the small amount of blood that’s followed the tooth. You manage to grab a tissue while Louis runs for a glass of water, helping him wash out his mouth before he accompanies the two of you to the bathroom to wash the pearly white. The three of you tuck it carefully beneath his pillow before he clambers back into bed, insisting he’ll stay awake for the tooth fairy. You and Louis smile knowingly before returning to the lounge room, setting about writing your first letter to your son as the tooth fairy.

Zayn: Zayn sits with Lizzie while she goes to sleep, incredibly overexcited to wake up in the morning and see what the tooth fairy has left her, and so by the time he finally emerges into the lounge room you’ve already found two dollars and a fancy piece of paper to write the reply to Lizzie’s letter on.  You’re quite glad you’d had her read the letter out to you before she went to bed, as her five year old hand writing isn’t the clearest, but the two of you manage to get through it, before writing out your prettiest reply, hunched over the coffee table together. You insist on putting Zayn in fairy wings before he tiptoes back into her bedroom, clutching the letter and a few coins. You watch from the doorway as he carefully slides both under her pink pillow, kissing her forehead before hurrying back, although the two of you can’t help but have one last look at your sleeping daughter, amazed at how fast the time has flown.