Piggy backs

Piggy backs

A/N: I hope this is okay? I’m back from my long weekend which, yay! I hope you’re all having lovely days :* Feedback would be cool. X

Niall: These come in handy when you’re tired, and you’ve still got three blocks to walk, but Niall’s buzzing off the endless amount of energy he has. He picks up on your exhaustion quickly, always, scooping you up and setting you on your back, hiking you up a bit until you’re both comfortable. And although you protest at first, insisting that, really, you can walk, you’re fine, it’s not that long, eventually you give in, resting your chin gently on his shoulder as you continue walking, your eyelids drooping as your nose falls into the crook of his neck, comfy and safe from the fact that you know Niall would never drop you. 

Harry: Harry’s a bit like a walking giant, a good head taller than you, and piggy backs are something that have always happened between you, whether you’re sleepy and he’s carrying you to bed, or you’re trying to annoy him and he throws you over his shoulder, or he simply wants to carry you. It’s a nice thing, to be able to smell him while you walk, his curls tickling your ear as he rocks back and forth a bit with the weight of your body, his back muscles working. The fans pick up on it pretty quick when the first picture of the two of you appeared, after you’d been kicking a football around at a park and he’d thrown you onto his back after you’d scored a goal. And even though things come and go, Harry will always be able to carry your weight and support you. 

Liam: You tried carrying Liam once and practically crumbled beneath him, the two of you hitting the living room floor in a mess of giggles, untangling from each other and vowing never to try it again. So now you stick to Liam carrying you, when you’re sprawled on the floor and whining about something or other, and he’ll let you jump onto his back and he’ll carry you to wherever you need to go, whether it’s to the bedroom or down the street or the end of the earth. 

Louis: You usually fall back on these when it’s cold. If it’s raining or the wind is beginning to blow right through you, Louis will crouch down a bit, and you’ll find the nearest garden wall to hop up onto his back, resting your head on the nape of his neck as he starts walking again, hitching you further up every time you begin to slip, giving up his body warmth for you, making sure you’re comfortable as you hurry home, the rain pouring down, but nothing can put out Louis’ love  for you. 

Zayn: Zayn is quite possibly one of the best at piggybacks. He can easily support your weight, rushing around the house yelling war cries while you laugh into his shoulder and hold onto his shoulders and wish the moment would never end. He’ll scoop you up from the couch after the movie has ended and you’re not sure if you’re awake or asleep, and let you latch yourself to his back, carrying you slowly into the bedroom, murmuring nonsense words to lull you into sleep even further, before carefully shimmying you out of your pants and tucking you up, kissing your forehead and whispering one last ‘I love you’ before climbing into bed himself.