Silent treatment

Silent treatment

A/N: I went a bit off track with Zayn’s, sorry! Feedback maybe? X

Niall: Niall kind of shuts down when you ignore him. His shoulders are slumped, gaze downcast as he wanders around, sitting down to do something and then abandoning it to go and find you, biting hard on his lower lip as he opens the door to the bedroom where you’re sitting, scrolling through something on your laptop. “Hey, (Y/N)?” You don’t answer, don’t look up, and he sighs, coming over to sit beside you, his shoulder brushing yours, heat from his body seeping into your freezing one, cold without Niall’s presence. “Babe, I’m really sorry,” he says, and you lick your lips nervously, rubbing your temple and trying desperately not to crack. “I didn’t mean to, I promise.” You blink a couple of times at the bright screen of your computer, before sighing and shrugging, “‘kay.” Niall’s lips brush your cheek as he turns, tugging your cold body into his warm one, heating you up. 

Harry: Harry’s both the best and worst at silent treatment. He’s an expert at the cold shoulder, doesn’t even stir when you walk into the same room as him, but he can never last more than a few hours. He’ll come sloping to wherever you are, lips pink from how much he’s bitten them, scratching his head as he hovers in the doorway, gaze trained to the ground. The conversation is pretty much always the same. “Hey, Harry. Look, I’m really sorry.” He’ll shrug, scuffing his feet on the floor. “I didn’t mean it like that, I really didn’t.” He nods a few times, before coming closer, eyes flickering up to you as he sits next to you on the bed, still not speaking. “You gonna talk now?” you encourage, and when he doesn’t say anything, you’ll lean over, kissing his mouth a couple of times, and when you pull back, he only utters one word, “More.” 

Liam: You’re lying on your side on the couch, the television remote dangling from one hand while The Office flickers across the screen, your facial expression not even changing as Michael and Dwight drive into a lake, yelling and screaming. “Babe?” You roll further into the cushions, biting down hard on your lower lip as LIam’s footsteps can be heard padding across the lounge room floor. “I’m really sorry, darling, I didn’t know it would make you this upset. Honest.” You don’t move, and jump when something warm lands on your back, soon realising it’s Liam’s hand resting on your shoulder blade. “(Y/N), I’m so sorry,” he murmurs, and you exhale slowly before shrugging, Liam sitting down beside the couch and leaning over to nudge his nose against your cheek, “Love you, baby.” You look up at him, managing a small smile, “Love you, too.” 

Louis: You and Louis often clash, and silence is always the answer, you storm off the to the bedroom with a ‘Oh my god, just shut up, Louis’ and he paces around the lounge room for a couple of minutes, fuming, before dropping onto the couch and starting a game of Fifa, swearing at his players while you mess around on your computer before getting bored and falling back onto Sims, creating your perfect family and life. But, the two of you eventually crack, whether you wander into the lounge room or Louis slopes into the bedroom, and no matter how perfect your Sim’s people may be, Louis will always be better. 

Zayn: Zayn loses his voice. It was bound to happen eventually, what with the continuous concert grind and that ridiculously high note in ‘Rock Me’, but it’s still a shock when he wakes up one morning with a burning throat and his voice is reduced to a rasp, that neither tea nor medicine can fix. What you don’t put into consideration is how much you miss Zayn’s voice, you hadn’t realised how much it was entwined into your daily routine, Zayn cooing into your ear when you wake up, him singing in the shower, chatting to you about his day, whispering to you in the midnight hours. So, when he’s taken off vocal rest and able to chatter on for as long as he wants, you’re the first person he calls.