Brainwashed (Part 5)

One Shot #26 (Cont.) 

Maui's POV

  I stand frozen solid in my current spot, unable to get my feet to move off of the ground. I guess it's the shock of watching the crab shove his big, nasty tongue down Moana's throat, but so the fact that she actually enjoyed it... I clench my fists at my sides in anger and silently vow to myself that I will do everything it takes to get Moana's memory restored, even it means putting my life in jeopardy. While Tamatoa is distracted with Moana, I quietly sneak out of the cave and begin my search for the precious gem. No I am not being sarcastic when I say that. That gem is very precious to me. I begin my long search through every cave. I'm about halfway through searching when a creepy looking monster puts an arm out to stop me. 

    "I have something you might want." The monster says with a smirk. I roll my eyes. "If it's gold, I'm not interested. Now let me get back to my search." I try to continue and the monster stops me once again. "No it's not gold, it's something more valuable." The monster pulls out a gem with what appears to be... memories. Not just any memories of course, but the memories of Moana. I laugh nervously. "You were right. That's something I definitely want. What's your name?" The monster roars in amusement. "I'm Deathhog. I know who you are. You're the trickster demigod of the wind and sea, Maui." I bow confidently. "Live in the flesh. What's your price for that gem?" Deathhog takes a step closer to me. "I'll give to you for free. Despite how much you annoy me, I absolutely despise Tamatoa and always enjoy a good opportunity to piss him off." 

   "Thank you Deathhog. I appreciate it. By the way, I'm actually being sincere for once." Deathhog nods with a slight smile. "Now run along before I change my mind." I bow gratefully and take the gem back with me to Tamatoa's lair. When I get there, I hold it up right in front of him. "Look what I found Tamatoa." He gasps. "How on Earth did you find it?" I smile triumphantly. "I had a little help from a monster who happens to be a lot nicer than you. Now give me the damn code." Tamatoa snorts. "Over my dead body." I swing my fish hook around and point the tip under his chin. "We can arrange that you know. Now cough it up or things will get really ugly." 

   Tamatoa spits at me, literally. "Fine, I'll give you the bloody code. I'm sick of seeing your damn face. Once I give you the code, you get your ass out of here. Got it?" I smirk. "Gladly." Tamatoa goes to a shelf and grabs a small scribe. He places it in my hands. "Open it up gently. The code is at the very bottom of it." I nod and do as he says. As my eyes navigate the scroll, I find the code at the bottom, exactly as he said it would be. I'm glad to know that dumb crab isn't lying for once. I type the code into the gem and it begins to brighten. It then shoots out pink lazers, one zaping Moana. She looks at Tamatoa and I in confusion before whimpering in pain. The sound saddens me, but as quick as it came, the lazers and pain are gone. 

    Moana's breathing and body become more relaxed. I want to go over and comfort her, but I want to wait and see if she remembers our time together out on the ocean first. The last thing I need to do is try to touch her and have her accuse me of being a pervert. Moana looks from me to Tamatoa and back. Her eyes and smile light up as she stares at me. I feel a surge of relief and joy. Moana throws her arms around me and I gladly embrace her. I look at Tamatoa and see nothing but sorrow. Part of me feels bad for him. He's probably more alone than I am in this world. He's the only crab left of his species and most of the monsters down here want nothing to do with him. On the other hand, because of his cruel actions, he set himself up for his fate.  In the end, we all get what we deserve, either good or bad.

Hope that you guys liked this part of this one shot! :) -Mary