I Vow To You (Part 8)

One Shot #32 (Cont.)

Maui's POV

Three days later...

 Moana's been so down in the dumps the past few days so I wanted to surprise her a bit. You see, before the accident, Moana was quite the artist. She doesn't remember how talented she was, but I can see the faint twinkle in her eyes at the mere mention of art. So today, I'm going to take her to the art studio that she owns downtown. It's small, but cozy. Every inch of it is covered in some form of artwork: Sculptures, sketches, paintings, and more. That's the beauty of it. 

  While breakfast is cooking, I quietly sneak up behind Moana and wrap my arms around her waist. She squeals but embraces the gesture. A cute giggle escapes from her soft, pink lips. "Maui! What are you doing?" I smile into her shoulder. "Making you breakfast silly, which is eggs and bacon by the way." I playfully bow and sing "You're welcome." Moana laughs. "You say You're Welcome so much one might think it's a original song of yours." I blush. "Well what can I say darling." The eggs and bacon are ready so I serve some to her first and then myself. 

   I try my best to conceal my excitement from my master plan, but I fail. "Maui, you look like you're going to jump through the roof. What's going on?" "Well... I have a surprise for you." Moana then gets up from her chair and literally jumps up and down. "I LOVE surprises." I chuckle. "I know you do Moana. I think you'll love this one. We'll go to it after we finish breakfast and freshen up." 

An hour later...

Moana comes flying into my arms at full speed. I pick her up carefully and carry her bridal style to the car. When we drive out of the parking lot, Moana immediately starts grilling me with questions about the surprise. I just smirk at her and stay mum on the subject until we get to the heart of the city. I find a parking spot close by. I then run around to Moana's side and open her door for her. Moana smiles. "I should tip you every time you do that." I peck her on the cheek. "I'm flattered but that's not necessary. Anyways, here's the surprise." I grab the key from my pocket and open the door. When I do, a gasp comes out of Moana's mouth. "Maui, this place is beautiful. Who's is it?" I shift from foot to foot. "You might not believe it, but this art studio here is yours. You've owned it for two years. You love to come here several times a week, especially after a long day of work. It's your great escape." 

   Moana looks around the studio and studies every single work of art with such interest. It makes my heart almost whole. I knew she was going to fall in love with this place all over again. All of the sudden she bursts into tears and leaps into my arms once more. "Thank you Maui for showing me this place. Now I finally have an actual incentive to remember my life before." I wipe her tears away and kiss her with all of the love in the world. "You're very welcome my love." 

Hoped that you guys liked this part of this one shot! :) -Mary