New School

ALISON'S POV
Only one day until I start my junior year at RHS (Rosewood High School) my mother exclaimed while trying her best to mimic me.
-OK, I DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT! I say while rolling my eyes.
-C'MON ALISON AREN'T YOU EXCITED TO HAVE A FRESH START? My mother asks while hugging me
-NO MOM, I'M ACTUALLY NOT EXCITED, I say to my mother. IT'S JUST ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL WITH THE SAME OLD PEOPLE. THEY JUST HAVE NEW FACES THIS TIME.
-I PROMISE YOU I WILL MAKE SURE THIS IS THE RIGHT SCHOOL FOR YOU THIS TIME. My mother says while placing a gentle kiss on the top of my head.
-OK? She asks
-FINE MOM I say giving her my signature smirk.
-"I DON'T SEE WHY YOU CONTINUE TO TREAT HER LIKE A CHILD JESSICA." My dad says walking into the dining room towards mom and I.
   I can tell he's been drinking again by the slurs in his words.
I get up from the table before he says anything to me, but when I walk away he yells out "SHE'S STILL GOING TO BE THE SAME WHORE AT THIS SCHOOL." His comment immediately starts a fight between him and my mother.
I run upstairs to my bedroom only to hear the sound of shattering glass and a extremely loud THUD.
After I hear my father leave I walk into the bathroom to see my mom's face bleeding and glass stuck in her forearm.
-ARE YOU OKAY MOM? I ask.
-YEAH ALISON IM FINE SWEETIE. She smiles trying to hold back the tears in her eyes. JUST GO GET SOME REST, YOU HAVE A BIG DAY TOMORROW AT YOUR NEW SCHOOL She says.
I go to my room, put my earbuds in playing FOOLS By Troye Sivan, closing my eyes hoping for a better day tomorrow.