EVELYN DRAKE

2 DAYS LATER
Alison's POV
I've been secretly stressing out knowing that I have to see my Grandmother this weekend.
She's actually the reason I stayed out the other night and got drunk.
Evelyn Drake isn't really the nicest granny that bakes you cookies and pinches your cheeks.
Granny Ev wasn't really one of my biggest support systems when I was pregnant with Courtney and on top of that she hates gays.
I can't wait to hear her reaction when she finds out I'm married to a woman.
CeCe's back and the girls said that they wanted to come along so we're all on the first flight to Georgia.
I didn't really inform Emily on Evelyn, all I told her was that we don't have the best relationship.
While on the plane I begin to breathe heavily and my body tenses up at the thought of my grandmother.
-ALI RELAX Emily says. EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE she adds.
Yeah that's what she thinks.
I look over to Courtney and she's asleep with her head in my mothers lap while Spencer holds the twins who are asleep as well.
Spencer was kind of hesitant about coming because I informed her that aunt Mary (her mother) will be there, but after us girls assuring her that everything between she and Mary will be fine she made up her mind.
-ALISON I'M SURE YOUR GRANDMOTHER WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE YOU Emily states rubbing small circles on the back of my hand with her thumb.
I give her a humble smile and place a gentle kiss on her lips.
Minutes later I hear Georgia's national anthem Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles come on over the intercom and I know that we've landed.
-LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WELCOME TO GEORGIA, WE HOPE YOU HAD A PLEASANT AND SMOOTH RIDE WITH US, WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GRAB ALL OF YOUR BELONGINGS BEFORE EXITING THE PLANE, THANK YOU a woman says over the speakers.
I take a deep breath and walk off of the plane letting the warm Georgia air hit my face.
I wish I could say that I've missed my home town but I'd be lying.
I hate everything and everyone here including that bitch Evelyn.
This was my mothers idea to come visit.
She says that Evelyn is getting to that age and she wants to spend time with her before her time comes.
Hopefully that time is soon.
After the long car ride over to Augustus Georgia we've finally arrived at Evelyn's house.
When we exit the car I see Emily's eyes bulge out of her head as she sees the Confederate Flag posted on the front of the house.
-OH YEAH SHE'S KINDA RACIST I nervously say remembering that I forgot to tell Emily about Evelyn's hate towards anyone who has a dark skin tone.
I also didn't mention her hate towards the LGBTQ Community.
Emily sends me a death glare and I apologize and pull her in the house.
This will be the first time that Courtney and the twins will meet Evil Evelyn.
I've told Courtney that she's her great grandmother when she points her out in pictures but she's never met her, I wanted it to stay that way but my mom insisted.
As soon as we walk in my mother hugs and kisses her mother telling her how much she missed her.
Evelyn does the same to CeCe and continues to smile until she sees Emily and me.
-ALISON YOU LOOK AS IF YOU PUT ON SOME WEIGHT she says. AND I SEE YOU KEPT THAT BASTARD CHILD she says referring to Courtney.
Evelyn doesn't really except Courtney because she says it was stupid of me to keep the child of my rapist.
-FUCKING BITCH I mumble under my breath loud enough for her to hear.
-I HEARD THAT she says.
-YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO I snap back. EVELYN THIS IS MY WIFE EMILY AND OUR CHILDREN COURTNEY, COREY AND DYLAN I say smiling at her.
-YOUR WIFE?! OH JESSICA WHY'D YOU GO ON AND LET THE CHILD BE ONE OF THOSE FAGS? she questions in her southern accent. AND WITH A BLACK! NOW SHE HAS TWO KIDS WITH THIS DYKE, ALONG WITH THE BASTARD CHILD she adds.
-WHEN ARE YOU DYING? I ask her getting an attitude. YOU CAN DISRESPECT ME ALL YOU WANT BUT DON'T EVER DISRESPECT MY FAMILY OR I'LL BE SURE TO CUT YOUR AIRWAYS WHILE YOUR SLEEP AND WATCH YOU DIE SLOWLY I sneer.
Evelyn gasps and places a hand over her heart.
Just as things were about to get even more heated a woman with dark hair comes out.
-MARY my mother quips.
They're twins but they hate each other, it's a long story.
-JESSICA HOW NICE TO SE...
Mary stops talking and freezes when she sees Spencer standing in the corner.
Turns out Peter has been sending her pictures of Spencer since they adopted her.
Spencer's POV
-MARY Alison's mother says.
My head snaps up after hearing the name and to my surprise there stands my mother.
My birth mother.
-JESSICA HOW NICE TO SE... Mary says stopping in her tracks. SPENCER she whispers.
Right before I could say hello to her I see another female walk into the room.
After seeing this one particular individual I start to feel light headed.
What the hell is going on?
-MUM HAVE YOU SEEN MY PURSE? she questions.
After hearing the girl call Mary mom and seeing that she looks exactly like me I run out of the house with tears streaming down my face.
While running down the street not knowing where I'm going I hear someone calling my name.
-WHAT?! I yell crying uncontrollably.
-SPENCER YOU DON'T UNDERSTA...
-SHE'S MY TWIN AND YOU KEPT HER I snap cutting her off. WHY DIDN'T YOU WANT ME? I ask sobbing loud enough for the neighbors to hear.
Mary walks closer to me and tries to hug me.
-NO! I shout clearly scaring her.
-SPENCER I CAN EXPLAIN she begs.
-JUST ANSWER ME ONE THING I say. DID YOU KEEP HER AND GIVE ME AWAY? I question.
Mary opens her mouth as if she's about to talk but nothing comes out.
-THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT I say.
Aria then comes running down the street first followed by Hanna, Emily and Alison.
-THIS IS SOME FREAAKY STUFF Hanna quips.
-HANNA! The girls yell in unison.
Aria comes closer and wraps me in her little arms.
-SPENCER Mary starts.
-I WANNA GO I say.
-I COULDN'T POSSIBLY AGREE MORE Alison says. I CALLED TWO UBER'S she states.
The Uber's pull up and we get in driving to a hotel nearby.
We get rooms for the week and we separate into couples.
Aria and I share a room, Emily and Alison share a room with the kids and Hanna and CeCe has their own rooms since Bentley is here with CeCe.
I lie down on the bed in Aria's embrace and try to fall asleep.
Emily's POV
When we get to the room Alison pushes open the door and storms in.
-UGHHHHH she yells scaring Courtney and the twins.
-MOMMY WHAT'S WRONG WITH MAMA? Courtney questions looking scared and confused at once.
I put the twins down on the bed and sit Courtney next to them.
-SHE'S A LITTLE UPSET BABY I say to her. HOW ABOUT I PUT ON SOME CARTOONS FOR YOU AND I'LL TAKE YOU SWIMMING LATER JUST LET ME TALK TO MAMA FIRST OKAY? I ask.
She nods her head and sits down to watch the cartoons.
When I turn around to Alison I see that she's crying.

-ALI I whisper scurrying over to hug her. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SHE WAS THAT BAD? I ask.
Alison shakes her head and starts to talk.
-SHE'S BEEN DOING THAT TO ME EVER SINCE I WAS YOUNGER AND USUALLY I DON'T LET IT GET TO ME BUT I WON'T LET HER DISRESPECT YOU OR THE KIDS she sobs into my shoulder.
I run her a hot bubble bath and let her relax while I feed the kids.
Once she's out of the bathtub and dressed her phone rings and she picks it up.
-ALISON HURRY TO THE HOSPITAL ITS MY MOTHER SHE.. SHE HAD A STROKE Jessica cries over the phone.
A sinister grin grows across Alison's face and I slap her arm gently.
Yes she's rude to Alison, me and our family but she's still her grandmother and I know that deep down inside Alison loves her.
Alison rolls her eyes and we get dressed going to the hospital.
No Ones POV
Now that all of the girls are at the hospital they sit and wait for any news on Evelyn.
-I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE SHE GAVE ME UP BUT KEPT HER Spencer says.
They all hug Spencer and tell her that things will be fine.
Aria takes Spencer's hand in hers and kisses her lips wiping the tears from her eyes.
Alex on the other hand is sitting in the waiting room far away from the girls.
CeCe then walks out of the elevator with several cups of coffee for her and the girls.
They all take their coffee and thank CeCe.
-WHERE'S BENTLEY? Hanna questions CeCe.
-HE'S WITH JASON she says. HE JUST GOT HERE AND HE DOESN'T LIKE EVELYN EITHER SO HE DIDN'T WANNA CO...
-CHARLOTTE? A voice asks from the other side of the room.

Spencer and Alison quickly turn their heads to see the person calling CeCe

When the girl stands up it's no other than Alex.
Alex Drake.
-HOW DOES SHE KNOW YOU CECE? Spencer questions.
CeCe looks between the two twins now standing in front of her and begins to panic.

How does Alex know CeCe?
Evelyn is quite the bitch.
Wonder where Alison got it from🤔
Is Evelyn gonna be ok after her stroke?
Well you guys have to finish reading part 2 in order to find out.
Enjoy 😊
-D