MISTAKE

This is what you guys have been waiting for 😏
Long Chapter btw lol I know you guys love long chapters.
Emily's POV
Angry.
Betrayed.
Disappointed.
Hurt.
BROKEN.
Those are the five words running through my head right now.
The person that I constantly give my everything to, and the person who is my everything just told me that she cheated on me.
With Brian, the person I told her I did not trust.
-EMILY PLEASE SAY SOMETHING YOU'VE BEEN QUIET FOR TOO LONG I hear Alison say.
I suddenly look up from the two fingers I was once fidgeting with to look at my wife.
-HOW LONG? I ask.
-IT WAS JUST THIS ONCE AND IT WAS A MISTAKE, EMILY Alison cries out sitting down trying to take my hands in hers.
I move my hands out of reach and move over to the other couch.
-I DRANK TOO MUCH AND I KNOW THAT ISN'T AN EXCUSE AND I KNOW THAT YOU WARNED ME ABOUT HIM BUT I DIDN'T LISTEN AND I SHOULD HAVE she cries. I'M SORRY Alison sobs.
Hearing her say all of these things rage me even more.
-OH REALLY? YOU THINK YOU SHOULD'VE LISTENED? I scoff holding back my tears. WHAT MADE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND? THE FACT THAT I TOLD YOU THAT HE WASN'T TRUSTWORTHY OR THE FACT THAT HE JUST FUCKED YOU! I yell.
-EMILY Alison lowly cries.
-CALL HIM I demand pulling her phone from her purse, storming over to her.
-WHAT? she questions with a cracked voice.
-CALL HIM I demand again holding out her phone. CALL HIM AND TELL HIM WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU TWO HAD GOING ON IS OVER.
By now I can feel droplets of tears rolling down my cheeks along with a lifetime worth of anger.
-IM SOR...
-ALISON SHUT THE HELL UP AND CALL HIM I mutter. NOW! I add raising my voice.
Alison takes her phone from my hand and goes to her contacts clicking on Brian's.
After the phone ringing four times he finally picks up and she puts it on speaker phone.
-ALISON? He frantically questions.
-NO I snap. THIS IS EMILY, HER WIFE I state.
Brian gets quite after mumbling the word shit a couple of times.
-ALISON HAS SOMETHING SHE WANTS TO SAY TO YOU I say. ALISON GO AHEAD I add.
Alison begins to sob and shake as she holds the phone.
-WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT WAS A MISTAKE she says. I'M MARRIED AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE AND I DON'T WANT YOU NEAR ME EVER AGAIN, I'LL ASK HACKETT FOR A NEW DEPARTMENT CHAIR PARTNER AND YOU'LL DO AS I SAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE Alison states before hanging up.
While pacing around the room I start to calm down as I remember back to when the tables were turned.
I turn to look at Alison bawling her eyes out and sit down next to her.
-YOU GET ONE MORE CHANCE BECAUSE YOU GAVE ME ONE I say making her head fly up to look at me. THAT'S IT ALI I add. IF YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE I'M DONE I state.
Alison let's out a loud sigh and pulls me into a hug only to be shoved away.
-DON'T TOUCH ME! I accidentally shout. DON'T TOUCH ME I say again now crying more than before.
I stand up from the couch and grab my jacket putting it on along with my shoes.
-WHERE ARE YOU GOING? Alison questions grabbing my hand to stop me.
I quickly snatch my hand from hers and glare at her.
-OUT I quip walking out of the door.
Seeing Alison follow behind me as if she's tagging along I slam the door closed in her face before getting in my car driving away.
Alison's POV
After getting the door slammed in my face I walk over to the sink to clean the dishes.
Once done with that I walk upstairs to get in the shower, scrubbing away any scent or trace of Brian.
Now dried and dressed I start to walk towards my room, stopping to see my reflection through the window.

You disgust me. I think to myself.
A few tears drop from my eyes until I hear footsteps behind me.
-MAMA? Courtney tiredly questions rubbing her eyes.
I quickly wipe my eyes and turn around to face her.
Growing up in a family that did nothing but fight I promised myself to never let my kids feel the way I did when I heard my parents fighting.
-WHAT ARE YOU DOING AWAKE? I ask her picking her up.
Courtney wraps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck as we walk through the hall.
-DID YOU HEAR? I ask her.
Courtney nods her head while staring at me with those big blue eyes.
I sigh and lay her down on her bed with the twins.
-ARE YOU GONNA GET A DIBORCE? Courtney questions making me smile.
She's so smart.
-DIVORCE I correct her. AND NO. MOMMY AND I HAD A FIGHT, BUT WE'RE GONNA BE OK I tell her. SOMETIMES TWO PEOPLE THAT REALLY LOVE EACH OTHER FIGHT SO I DON'T WANT YOU WORRYING OKAY? I ask her trying to hide my tears.

 SOMETIMES TWO PEOPLE THAT REALLY LOVE EACH OTHER FIGHT SO I DON'T WANT YOU WORRYING OKAY? I ask her trying to hide my tears

-OKAY quietly says.
-DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THEM IN THEIR OWN BEDS? I ask watching Corey and Dylan stretched out across her bed.
-NO, I DON'T MIND she tells me.
I tuck them all in and kiss their tiny cheeks before turning away.
-MAMA? Courtney calls out again before I can reach the door.
I turn around to see a smile on her face that automatically makes me smile.
-CAN WE SLEEP WITH YOU? she asks.
-YEAH, C'MON I WOULDN'T MIND THE COMPANY I state.
Courtney stands up as I pick both Dylan and Corey up who are still sleeping and walk into my room.
In the bed I can't help but to laugh a little as I see Courtney and Corey cuddled together while Dylan's foot is across my face.
My smile soon turns into a frown when I think back on what happened tonight.
I almost broke up my family.
As I close my eyes I begin to cry myself to sleep.
Emily's POV
-EMILY? I hear a voice call out to me as I sit at the bar drinking my pain away.
I turn around to see no one other than Toby.
-WOW I say laughing at his facial hair.
I stand up to hug him before we both sit back down.
Though Spencer broke up with him that doesn't mean I can't stop being his friend.
After they split Toby and I talked on the phone and he told me about him going to South Africa to build homes and schools.
-HOW ARE YOU? Toby questions me after buying us both another round.
I shrug my shoulders and throw back the liquor letting it sting my throat.
-ARE YOU OKAY? He asks being able to tell that I've been crying.
-NO, I DON'T THINK I AM I glumly say.

After telling him about everything Toby wraps his arms around me, bringing me into his warm embrace

-ALISON LOVES YOU Toby says.
I'VE WATCHED HER GROW INTO A BETTER WOMAN BECAUSE OF YOU EMILY. AND YOU LOVE HER AND THOSE KIDS SO DON'T LET ONE MISTAKE DETERMINE THE REST OF YOUR LIVES he adds as I cry on his shoulder. TALK TO HER, YOU BOTH HAVE TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE.
-I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I whimper out.
-DO YOU STILL LOVE HER? Toby questions.
-OF COURSE I say. SHE'S MY FIRST LOVE AND THE MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN.
-THAN DO WHAT YOUR HEART TELLS YOU TO DO He advises.
I nod my head yes telling him that I understand and stay in his arms for a while longer.
Toby and I share a few laughs and cries about Alison and Spencer before getting up and leaving.
A little tipsy I drive back home to see Alison and the kids asleep in our bed.
Not wanting to wake them I go into the guest room and fall asleep trying to forget everything about tonight.

Sad chapter 😭
No Emily still didn't forgive her but she chose not to do anything that could mess up her family.
What do you think Em should do?
How you like this update.
Enjoy 😊
-D