QUIET THE NOISE

3 DAYS LATER
Spencer's POV
"YOU HAVE FIVE NEW VOICEMAILS"
"Spencer you have to let us in - Emily"
"Pick up your damn phone Spencer or I'm coming over - Hanna"
"I talked to my mom for answers and I get it, you need your space but just talk to us. yeah Spence Ali's right just talk to us - Alison & Emily"
"I miss you and I need to know that you're okay. Please call me back I love you - Toby"
"I had to go home to grab some clothes but I'm coming back. I'll be right there when you wake up, love you Spence -Aria"
I throw my phone down on the bed and lay back staring at the ceiling.
My parents tried explaining everything last night but I didn't wanna hear it.
They lied to me for 21 years, my whole life.
Just as I begin to shut my eyes I hear my door open.
I sit back up to see Melissa standing at the foot of my bed.
-SPENCER I'M SORRY Melissa says walking around the bed to sit beside me.
-LEAVE is all I respond with.
-NO Melissa says now sitting directly next to me.
I glance to the side of me to see Melissa's hand reaching for mine.
-GET OUT! YOU KNEW AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME, YOU'VE ALWAYS HATED ME EVER SINCE I CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL I say. OH MY MISTAKE, EVER SINCE I CAME HOME FROM RADLEY I correct myself.
Melissa grabs my hands in her's and I snatch mine away.
-YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND Melissa shouts. YOU'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD I'VE BEEN PROTECTING YOU EVER SINCE THIS STARTED, SINCE BEFORE IT STARTED! she yells.
I stand up to leave my room but she just pulls me back.
-SPENCER I WOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY HURT YOU AND I'VE NEVER HATED YOU, YOU'RE MY SISTER she states now crying.
I wipe the tears from my eyes and say something that I never thought I'd say.
-WELL I HATE YOU, LEAVE NOW! I scream. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE SINCE I WAS BORN AND I HATE YOU FOR THAT.
Melissa begins to bawl before walking out of the room bumping into Aria carrying a bag full of clothes.
-WHAT'S GOING ON? Aria questions.
-NOTHING I quip before getting back underneath the covers.
Aria's POV
I've been at Spencer's for a couple of days now and she still isn't getting any better.
We've all tried everything but she gives us nothing.
This morning I went home to grab some clothes since I'll be here for a while.
As I walk through the front door I can hear shouting coming from Spencer's room.
I walk up the stairs only to be bumped by Melissa.
-WHAT'S GOING ON? I ask Spencer.
-NOTHING she quips going back over to get under her covers.
I lay down beside her and begin to smell something funny.
-UM SPENCE HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU LAST SHOWERED? I question scrunching up my nose.
Spencer stays quiet and I take that as a " I haven't showered at all".
-OK C'MON I say pulling my taller friend out of bed into the bathroom by her arm.
Spencer tries to hold on to the door panel but I pry her hands off, pushing her in the bathroom.
-LOOK SPENCER YOU SMELL A LITTLE RIPE AND YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE SO JUST GO SHOWER, I'LL BE IN YOUR ROOM I say before closing the door to let her undress.
I grab a notebook from Spencer's bookshelf and sit down on the bed now writing.
*Vzzzt Vzzzt Vzzzt*
I look down at my phone to see who's calling and it's Jason.
I take in a sharp breath before answering it.
Alison's POV
-ME WANNA GO TO PAWK I hear Courtney say to Hanna while bouncing up and down on her back.
I let out a few chuckles as I listen to my daughter bug the other blonde.
-ALI GET YOUR CHILD PLEASE Hanna groans out into the pillows her face is shoved in.
I walk into the room to see Courtney sitting on Hanna's back with a innocent face.
-MAMA CAN ME GO TO PAWK?Courtney asks in her high pitched toddler voice. PWEASEEE she begs.
-BABY IT'S DARK OUTSIDE AND ITS RAINING BUT WE CAN GO TOMORROW I say to the four year old. HERE WATCH ELMO I say to her popping the Elmo in Grouchland DVD in.
Courtney stands in front of the Tv and starts to dance to the music until she sees Emily walk in.
-MWOMMY Courtney yells running to Emily.
-HI BIG GIRL Emily says picking her up to hug her. WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY? she questions.
Courtney gets excited and begins to ramble on about her day.
-I LEAWNT ME NUMBEWS IN NANISH Courtney excitedly states.
Emily lets out a laugh before correcting her.
-IT'S SPANISH BABY GIRL Emily states. LET ME HEAR YOU SAY THEM she adds sitting Courtney down to come kiss me.
Courtney jumps up in excitement and begins to recite what she heard on Dora the explorer.
-UNO, DOS, TWES, CUAWTO, CINTO, SEEYES, SEITE, OCHO, NEWEVE, UMM Courtney rambles stopping before she reaches ten.
-HOW MANY TIMES DOES ME AND MOMMY SAY WE LOVE YOU A DAY? I ask her hopefully tracking her mind.
I hold up ten fingers and count them with her.
-TEN! Courtney shouts. DIEZ! she shouts again.
-YAYY! Emily claps as Courtney mimics her.
-UGH! HOW ABOUT WE PLAY THE QUIET GAME Hanna suggests through mumbles.
Emily and I share a laugh before pulling her off of the couch.
-HEY! I AM TRYING TO SLEEP Hanna growls out.
-WRONG ADDRESS. YOU SHOULD GO HOME TO DO THAT HANNA Emily mutters. NOW GET UP WE HAVE TO GO CHECK ON SPENCER she adds.
We put Courtney in her pajamas after cleaning her up and we all drive over to Spencer's.
On the way over there we see a car flipped over on the side of the road with police surrounding it.
As we approach the scene we hear an officer state a name making all of us gasp in shock.
Spencer's POV
While in the shower I begin to hyperventilate feeling like the whole world is sitting on my chest.
My dad cheated on my mom with Alison's aunt which is my real mother.
My parents placed me in Radley my freshman year when they thought I was crazy and taking speed.
How could they put me in there knowing I was born in there?
The worst part about this all is that Melissa knew and she was in on the secret.
I let the steaming shower water hit my body as I stand there crying.
Before turning off the water I glance to the corner of the shower and spot a razor.
I pick up the deadly weapon with my shaking hands before sitting down on the shower floor.
Aria is in the other room but I don't care, I just need to feel something else other than the pain I'm feeling now.
After staring at the razor for a couple of minutes I begin to pierce the silver piece deep into my thigh.
I start to gasp and breathe heavy as I drag the object through my skin.
I stand back up before cutting again, and again, and again.
Before I know it my leg is all cut up and the shower floor is covered with a mixture of water and my blood.
As I stand there letting the water hit the cuts I start to feel dizzy.
Just as I fall down to the shower floor Aria runs in the bathroom in fear.
-NO! SPENCER WHAT DID YOU DO? She questions in a fright. SPENCE COME ON WAKE UP, ANSWER ME Aria pleads.
-HELP! Aria screams out thinking that Melissa is still downstairs.
Though my eyes are closed I can still hear and feel everything including the stinging slap that Aria swipes across my face.
My eyes flutter open after feeling the stinging feeling of Aria's hand hit my face.
-OH SHIT SPENCER IM SORRY she says helping me sit up. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? Aria questions now hugging me.
-I CAN'T SLEEP... OKAY? I quip. I KEEP REPLAYING EVERYTHING IN MY HEAD AND I JUST WANNA QUIET THE NOISE I say. I NEED TO QUIET THE NOISE.
Aria stands me up to sit me on the toilet top to bandage up the cuts.
After sitting through what feels like years of silence Aria speaks up again.
-DON'T EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN she says sitting back against the wall placing her hands over her face. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF YOU WEREN'T HERE WITH ME OKAY JUST PROMISE ME YOU WONT DO THAT AGAIN Aria says raising her voice a little.
I kneel down in front of the smaller Brunette and grab her hands in mine.
-I'M SORRY ARIA I say trying to get her to lift her head.
-JUST PROMISE ME PLEASE Aria cries out now looking at me.
I nod my head and wipe her tears before hugging her.
-I PROMISE I manage to get out without my voice cracking.
Aria then backs up a little, now only inches apart from me staring into my eyes.
As I fall into her deep hazel eyes I feel myself leaning in a little.
Aria does the same until our lips are met, moving perfectly together.
We then jump back when we see the girls run into the room.
-TURN ON CHANNEL TEN NOW!Hanna says carrying as sleeping Courtney on her back.
I stand up almost forgetting that I'm naked and wrap a towel around my body.
I grab the remote control and change the station to channel ten.
Finally on the channel, we all watch in silence before the news reporter begins to talk.
Twenty seven year old Melissa Hastings was found dead at the scene of an accident on route six. There were several stab wounds and bruises on her body letting us all assume that this was more than a accident. The police are reaching out to her family as we speak.
I feel my body tense up as I fall down to the floor again, seeing nothing but darkness.

Sorry Melissa fans 😭
How do you guys feel about this chapter? Give me feedback.
-D