JUST GO

4 WEEKS LATER
Alison's POV
-HEY I'M JUST CHECKING IN WITH YOU, ME AND THE TWINS ARE ON OUR WAY TO PICK UP COURTNEY FROM SCHOOL AND THEN WE'LL BE HOME I say over the cars speaker phone.
-ALRIGHT Emily blandly says.
-ARE YOU OK? I ask after hearing the sadness in her voice.
-YEAH I'M FINE I'LL BE THERE SHORTLY AFTER YOU she states.
-OK THATS GREAT... I'LL SEE YOU LATER I say still trying to read her tone.
Something seems off. Maybe she had a bad day at school or at practice.
-ALI! Emily shouts causing Corey and Dylan to cry after she screamed.
-WHAT'S WRONG? I ask. YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF THE TWINS.
-I LOVE YOU she says.
-I LOVE YOU TOO I reply before ending the call.
Ok now I know something's wrong, I guess I'll just talk to her when she gets home.
Emily's POV
I can't help but to feel so stupid and guilty as I dry off in the locker room.
While opening my locker to get my phone there's a picture of Ali, Courtney, Corey and Dylan.
We took that picture the day we came home from the hospital with the twins.
I'm so stupid. I think to myself.
-EM DON'T FORGET my teammate Alex says. CALL ME she adds.
I cringe a little after hearing her say the nickname only Ali calls me.
The girls call me that too but it doesn't have the same significance as it does with Alison.
I finish getting dressed and start to walk out of the locker room until I'm stopped by my coach.
-GREAT JOB TODAY FIELDS MAKE SURE TO BRING THAT TO REGIONALS she says patting my shoulder and walking away.
I get into my car and prepare to face Alison when I get home.
What am I gonna say? She's gonna be so pissed.
No Ones POV
As Alison walks into the house she puts down her backpack and sits down the twins car seats.
Courtney runs straight to her bookshelf in her room to pick out a new book to read while Alison prepares them a snack.
-MAMA I FOUND A NEW ONE Courtney calls out running back into the kitchen.
-OH YEAH WHAT IS IT? Alison questions her daughter.
Courtney lifts up the book from behind her back to show her mom.
Alison was taken aback by the book that her five year old daughter chose but after a while a smile began to creep across her face.
-THE GREAT EXPECTATIONS Alison says lowly.
Courtney tilts her head to the side at her mom's mumbling.
-MAMA WHAT'S THAT? she questions.
Alison smiles at her before handing her a grilled cheese with tomato soup.
-ME AND MOMMY READ THIS BOOK WHEN WE WERE IN SCHOOL Alison smiles remembering the time they secretly shared in the library of RHS. THAT'S HOW MR. PUMBLECHOOK GOT HIS NAME she states pointing to Courtney's teddy bear.
Courtney giggles as her mother tells her the story.
Well half of the story, she can't tell her what happened next after the kiss they shared. Which wasn't their first kiss.
As Alison let Courtney read the first four lines she began to finish the rest of the page.
Just before she could turn the page Emily walks into the house.
Courtney runs over to her mother first to give her a hug and kiss followed by Alison.
When they kissed Alison could feel that Emily was off.
Alison's POV
Usually our kisses are full of lust or love but this time I felt nothing.
-WHAT'S WRONG? AND DON'T TELL ME ITS NOTHING BECAUSE I KNOW THAT'S A LIE I say.
Emily sighs, walks over to the sleeping twins and places a kiss on their cheeks before sitting her bags down.
-ALI I...I DON'T KN..KNOW HOW TO TELL YOU THIS AND I KNOW YOU'RE GONNA BE MAD B..BUT JUST HEAR ME OUT FIRST Emily stutters.
She only stutters when she's nervous or scared.
I shift my weight from one foot to the other waiting for her to continue.
-I REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO BE MAD ABOUT THIS BUT I KNO...
-SPIT IT OUT EMILY I snap cutting her off after growing very impatient and scared of what she has to say.
What if she cheated on me.
-ALI I HAVE TO LEAVE FOR THREE MONTHS she says.
What the fuck?
-WHAT DO YOU MEAN LEAVE? I ask barely making out the words.
-I HAVE TO LEAVE FOR REGIONALS AND I WON'T BE HERE FOR THREE MONTHS Emily says while looking down at the floor.
I stay silent as I take in the information she's given me.
-ALI SAY SOMETHING she mumbles.
-COURTNEY GO TO YOUR ROOM PLEASE AND CLOSE THE DOOR I say and she does just that.
Once I hear her door close I turn back around to Emily and begin to talk.
-HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN? I ask.
-A WHILE NOW she says extremely low, barely a whisper.
-EXCUSE ME I ask trying to hear her better.
Emily rolls her eyes and walks closer to me.
-I'VE KNOWN SINCE BEFORE WE GOT PREGNANT she says louder than before.
My head snaps up to look at her and she's staring at me with a guilty look.
I scoff, pick up the twins and walk upstairs.
I can't believe she would do this to me. To us.
-ALI CAN YOU JUST STOP FOR A SECOND! Emily yells following me up to the twins room.
I sit them in their cribs and walk by her bumping her shoulder.
-ALISON! she yells out again pulling my arm.
-GET OFF OF ME I say through gritted teeth.
Emily gets a tighter grip on my arm before pulling me into our bedroom.
-GET OUT EMILY I say throwing her a sheet and pillow. SLEEP ON THE COUCH.
Emily picks up the sheets and pillows before walking out of the room.
I suddenly feel tears wetting the pillows when I plop down on the bed and scream into them.
Just then Emily barges back through the door and lies down next to me.
-I TOLD YOU TO GE...
-NO I'M NOT GETTING OUT ALI, WE'RE MARRIED NOW AND WE HAVE TO TALK THINGS LIKE THIS THROUGH she says.
I sit up and face her as I begin to respond.
-EXACTLY WE'RE MARRIED WHICH MEANS YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THIS WITH ME BEFORE MAKING THOSE PLANS. YOU'RE LEAVING ME WITH THREE KIDS! I say crying more than I was a couple of minutes ago.
Emily pulls me into a hug after seeing the tears flow down my face.
I try to fight her off but her grip keeps getting stronger.
-I'M SORRY ALI, BUT I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU AND THE KIDS. I WANT YOU GUYS TO BE OK IF ANYTHING EVER HAPPENS TO ME. WHEN WE GOT MARRIED I TOLD YOU THAT I WOULD ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU AND COURTNEY WERE FINE AND THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING she says pulling away to wipe my tears. OKAY?
I guess she's right.
-OKAY I whimper still crying.
BUT YOU STILL SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME I add.
-I KNOW AND I'M SORRY Emily states wiping my tears again and placing a kiss on my forehead.
I then lay back on the bed with my head cuddled in the crook of her neck and her playing with my hair.
She's still keeping something from me.
-WHEN DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE? I ask coming up to look her in the eyes.
Emily looks down to fidget with her ring and stays quiet.
My eyes grow large when I realize why she didn't respond.
-TOMORROW? YOU'RE LEAVING TOMORROW? I ask raising my voice a little.
She nods her head slowly before looking up at me.
-ALI IT'LL..
-JUST GO EMILY I say cutting her off, getting up to walk into Courtney's room.
I get into Courtney's room and I assure her that everything is fine and I lie down with her while watching Moana.
I can't believe she's leaving us. For three months at that. How am I supposed to do this alone?

So Emily knew that she had to leave for a while now and didn't tell Ali. Should she go or stay with her family? 🤔
-D