I DIDN'T MEAN IT

2 WEEKS LATER
Alison's POV
It's literally been two weeks since the kids and I have seen Emily.
She calls on FaceTime to see them but since she got this summer coaching job the kids barely see her.
Today she has off so later I'm taking them to the hotel with her.
-MAMA CAN WE GO TO THE HOTEL WITH MOMMY? Courtney questions sitting in front of the tv watching cartoons.
-YEAH BABY I say trying to put on Dylan's clothes. CAN YOU DO MAMA A BIG FAVOR AND PUT ON YOUR SISTERS SHOES? I ask her.
-OKAY Courtney quips doing as I asked her.
While handing her Corey's shoes Dylan gets up and runs from me with just his diaper on.
-DYLAN COME ON I beg him but he continues to run.
Just then Hanna, Aria and Spencer walk in.
-HEY ALI they say.
-HI I say back trying to catch Dylan still.
when I finally pick him up and sit him back down on the couch he starts screaming to the top of his lungs crying.
-NEED HELP? Hanna asks giving me a weird look.
-YEAH WHERE IS EMILY WHEN YOU NEED HER? Spencer jokes.
-MAMA I FINISHED, CAN WE GO SEE MOMMY NOW? Courtney asks walking over to me.
-YEAH COURT WE'RE GOING I say getting frustrated.
Corey then stands up on the couch and falls off hitting her head on the floor now crying as well.
-SHIT I mumble running over to pick her up.
Once I see that she's ok Dylan takes off his pants and starts to run again.
-DYLAN WAYNE DILAURENTIS FIELDS GET OVER HERE I say but he giggles thinking that we're playing capture the monster.
-MAMA! Courtney whines.
I ignore her already knowing what she wants and catch Dylan again.
-MAMA I WANNA GO SEE MOMMY my daughter whines.
Forgetting that my best friends were here and feeling overwhelmed and sick I accidentally yell at her.
-FUCK COURTNEY! WE'RE GONNA GO DAMN IT! I shout causing the room to go silent.
Courtney steps back and stares at me with tears in her eyes.
-I HATE YOU Courtney whimpers running upstairs to her room.
-COURT BABY IM SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN IT I shout up to her.
I turn to the girls and sigh, raking my hand through my hair.
They all look at each other as I plop down on the couch starting to cry.
-ALI WHAT'S GOING ON? Aria asks sitting next to me.
-I GOT DRUNK AND CHEATED ON EMILY AND NOW IM PREGNANT AND WE BROKE UP I cry onto Aria's shoulder.
-HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON ALI? Spencer asks.
-WRONG QUESTION! Hanna shouts. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO EMILY? I BET IT WAS BRIAN WASN'T IT? she questions.
I quietly nod my head yes and she scoffs.
-YOU'RE DESPICABLE Hanna says shaking her head.
-HAN I DON'T THINK SHE NEEDS ANYMORE HATE RIGHT NOW Spencer mutters at her. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BROKEN UP?
-WE JUST RECENTLY BROKE UP BUT ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR TWO MONTHS I admit to them. EMILY'S STAYING AT THE RADLEY HOTEL.
-SHE DIDN'T MEAN IT ALI Spencer says talking about Courtney.
-YEAH JUST GO TALK TO HER AND TELL HER YOU'RE SORRY Aria also says.
I take a deep breath and wipe my tears before heading to Courtney's room.
When I get up there she looks at me, looks back down and walks by me with her sleep away bag.
-IM READY TO GO TO MOMMY'S she mumbles walking down the stairs.
I give up and just follow behind her knowing she won't forgive me any time soon.
She may look sweet and picked up some of Emily's niceness but she definitely inherited my attitude.
On the drive over to the hotel Courtney doesn't say a word to me even though I apologized four thousand times.
When we get up to Emily's room she opens the door since I told her we were coming up.
-HEY ALS Emily says.
-HEY EM I say back.
She takes the twins in the room and I grab Courtney's hand stopping her.
When she turns to look at me I let go.
-COURTNEY IM SO SORRY I say. MAMA DIDN'T MEAN TO...
Before I could finish she turns around and shuts the door in my face.
Emily's POV
-HEY! I slightly yell at Courtney going to open the door back up for Alison.
To my surprise when I open it she's already gone.
When I look to Courtney she's laughing at spongebob on the tv.
What the hell is going on?
I feed the twins, wash them up and put them to sleep.
After Courtney's bath with me I help her into her pajamas and put her in bed.
-WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT EARLIER? I sternly ask her.
Courtney sits up and turns her head not talking to me.

-COURTNEY I warn her to talk.
-MAMA YELLED AT ME AND I TOLD HER THAT I HATE HER she lowly states.
I slowly rake my hand through my hair and sit down next to her.
-COURTNEY IM SURE THAT WHATEVER MAMA SAID SHE DIDN'T MEAN IT I tell her. NOW I KNEW MAMA FOR A VERY LONG TIME, AND SHE MAY SEEM TOUGH BUT WHEN IT COMES TO YOU SHE'S A BIG SOFTY.
-REALLY? my daughter asks staring at me.
-REALLY I say. IM PRETTY SURE YOU HURT HER FEELINGS SO I THINK YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE I add.
Courtney nods her head and goes to pick up my phone but stops.
-MOMMY HOW COME YOU AND MAMA DON'T LOVE EACH OTHER ANYMORE? Courtney questions.
I knew this was coming sooner or later. I guess I'll get it over with now.
-BABY I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND DYLAN AND COREY AND MAMA I state. I LOVE MAMA WITH ALL OF MY HEART BUT SOMETIMES WHEN TWO PEOPLE LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH THEY FIGHT. YOU'RE A BIG GIRL AND YOU'RE THE SMARTEST KID I KNOW SO I KNOW THAT YOU FIGURED THINGS OUT. MAMA AND I GOT INTO A FEW FIGHTS BUT I STILL LOVE HER AND SHE STILL LOVES ME, I JUST THINK WE NEED SOME SPACE I tell her. KINDA LIKE HOW YOU NEED SPACE WHEN COREY AND DYLAN ARE TRYING TO BITE ON ALL OF YOUR TOYS.
-I DON'T WANT YOU AND MAMA TO FIGHT ANYMORE Courtney cries. YOU HAVE TO GET ALONG SO EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY.
Seeing and hearing my seven year old daughter cry about mine and Alison's mistakes make me tear up too.
I pick her up and sit her on my lap to look her in the eyes.
-I PROMISE EVERYTHING WILL BE OK BABY I say wiping away her tears. WE'LL FIX THIS, BUT IN THE MEAN TIME I NEED YOU TO BE A GOOD GIRL AND HELP OUT BECAUSE MAMA'S GOING THROUGH A LOT RIGHT NOW SO YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHATEVER SHE SAYS ALRIGHT? I ask.
-ALRIGHT Courtney whimpers.
-COME HERE BABY I say hugging her. CALL MAMA AND SAY YOU'RE SORRY I add going to Alison's contact.
The phone rings and Alison's face pops up on the screen.
She isn't crying but you can tell she's been crying.
-SOMEONE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU I tell her handing the phone to Courtney.
-IM SORRY MAMA I DIDN'T MEAN WHAT I SAID Courtney says. I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE MY FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WORLD she adds.
-I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR FAVORITE I gasp making her laugh.
-YOU'RE MY FAVORITE TOO MOMMY she says.
Alison smiles and a tear drops from her eye.
-I KNOW YOU DIDN'T MEAN IT BABY AND I DIDN'T MEAN WHAT I SAID EITHER OK? IM SORRY AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THIS Alison says putting her arms out to demonstrate. GET SOME SLEEP AND I'LL SEE YOU ON FRIDAY.
-OKAY MAMA, BYE Courtney waves getting into the other bed in the room.
I take the phone and go in the bathroom leaving the door halfway open so I can hear the kids.
-ALI I LOVE YOU I say to her. AND I KNOW THAT WHAT HAPPENED WAS A MISTAKE I JUST THINK WE NEED SOME SPACE SO WE CAN GET BACK TO LOVING AND NOT FIGHTING.
-I KNOW Alison says.
She yawns and I laugh a little.
-TIRED? I tease.
-YEAH I FEEL LIKE I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN FOREVER she states.
I smile and she smiles back.
-ALRIGHT I'LL LET YOU GET SOME SL...
-NO Alison quickly says. STAY ON THE PHONE WITH ME she begs using puppy dog eyes.
-OKAY YOU BIG BABY I laugh.
We talk for a while about little things and other things that shouldn't be talked about and I watch the phone as Alison falls asleep holding onto her stomach.
-I LOVE YOU I whisper still watching her chest rise and fall through the camera.
I hit the lights and go back into the room laying down in the bed to go to sleep too.

Is Emison making a comeback?
I wonder 🤔
Maybe
Was Hanna wrong for yelling at Alison?
Enjoy 😊
-D