SMALL GETAWAY

Alison's POV
As I lie asleep in the bed my nose begins to twitch at the smell of bacon and eggs.
I reach over to feel for the kids but to my surprise they aren't there.
Finally opening my eyes I feel like I've just been hit by a truck.

I texted Emily a thousand times last night but she never answered so I'm not even sure if she came home

I rise from the bed in a stretch when I hear little laughs coming from downstairs.
Walking down the stairs I turn into the kitchen to see my brother and sister with the kids making breakfast.
-HI AUNTIE ALI Bentley shouts while lying on the living room floor in his superman pajamas with Pepe.

-HEY LITTLE DUDE I say messing up his hair with my hands.
-MAMA Dylan excitedly screams from his high chair, bouncing up and down for me to pick him up.
I pretend to bite on his cheeks making him giggle before picking him up.
-WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE I say to my siblings as I walk into the kitchen. HEY BABIES I quip kissing Corey and Courtney's cheeks as they eat.
Jason chuckles at me as he continues to make the pancakes.
-YEAH WE JUST LET OURSELVES IN CeCe states smirking at me.
-I SEE, I SHOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN YOU A KEY I quip playfully rolling my eyes making them laugh. IS EMILY HERE? I ask noticing that she isn't around.
-I DON'T KNOW CeCe says. ISN'T THAT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW SINCE YOU DO SLEEP IN THE SAME BED WITH HER she jokes.
My smile falters into a frown as I remember last night.
I guess they don't know.
Just as I'm about to respond I see Emily walk out of the downstairs guest room in her pajamas.
She looks over to CeCe and Jason and gives them a confused look.
I shrug my shoulders and she walks over to me and places a kiss on my lips.
-MORNING BABE Emily quips before walking into the kitchen to grab a plate.
Did last night happen? Or was it a nightmare? Does this mean she isn't mad at me?
I look to my wife and smile at her only earning a scowl and eye roll from her when Jason and CeCe aren't looking.
Ok so last night definitely wasn't a nightmare.
-HEY COULD YOU GUYS WATCH THE KIDS TONIGHT? I ask my brother and sister. I KNOW CHARLES IS OUT OF TOWN WITH ALEX SO YOU TWO CAN JUST TAKE THEM BACK TO JASON'S AND CHARLES' PLACE I add.
They both nod their heads while eating and I get up from the table running upstairs to get ready.
Emily's POV
While finishing up my food and cleaning the twins up I get a text message on my phone.
My Everything 🌎 ❤️-Get dressed
To: My Everything 🌎 ❤️- Why?
My Everything 🌎 ❤️- Please Emily
To: My Everything 🌎 ❤️- Fine
I groan and roll my eyes as I walk upstairs into our room to get dressed.
I only kissed her downstairs because I didn't want the others to know what's going on, and I didn't wanna ignore her in front of the kids.
While walking by Alison she grabs my hand and turns me around to face her.
She moves closer and gets on her tiptoes to kiss me.
-MOVE I say looking down at her and walking around her before our lips could touch.
Alison's face saddens as she walks into the bathroom to get showered.
I'm already cleaned so I just have to get dressed.
After putting on my clothes Alison finally comes out of the bathroom without a towel on.
I look her up and down as she bends over to get her underwear making me want to take her all over this room right now.
-DO ME A FAVOR Alison says. HOOK IT FOR ME WOULD YOU? she questions putting her bra on.
I let out a low and dry chuckle as I walk over to her.
-I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND ITS NOT GONNA WORK I say hooking the bra on her.
-IS THAT SO? she questions poking her butt out on me some.
I grunt out as I start to feel wetness fill my center.
I place my hand on her and slowly glide it down her arm kissing her shoulder .
Alison puts her head back in pleasure and I move my lips to her ear.
-VERY SO I state pushing her off of me and walking out the room.
I give the kids hugs and kisses before going out to sit in the car.
_________________________
Alison's POV
I continue driving while taking quick glances at Emily sitting in the passenger seat with her arms crossed.
-WHY ARE YOU TAKING ME TO JERSEY? Emily questions in a rude manner.
-ITS A SURPRISE I say smiling while still watching the road.
-IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED I DON'T LIKE SURPRISES she says. HENCE THE REASON IM MAD AT YOU NOW Emily adds.
Once we pull up to our destination I get out of the car and walk around to Emily's side to open the door and take her hand.
Emily looks down at my hand and then to me rolling her eyes.
-TAKE MY HAND PLEASE I beg her.
She lets out a audible sigh and allows her hand to slip into mine.
I get on my tiptoes to wrap a blindfold around her eyes and lead her into the building.
-WHAT ARE YOU DOING ALISON? Emily frustratingly questions me.
-DO YOU TRUST ME? I ask.
-NO, NOT AT THE MOMENT she states making my heart drop.
Though I want to cry after her saying that I continue to lead her down the stairs.
Now at our exact location I take off her blindfolds showing her where we are.
Emily's eyes cover the room as I watch her admire the place.
-ITS BEAUTIFUL she says almost in a whisper.

Inside the room there's a table set for two with candles surrounding it and rose petals all over the floor leading to the bed

Emily follows the petals and finds the note on the bed.
-WHAT'S THIS? she asks.
-READ IT I say nodding my head towards the note in her hand.
Emily looks to me while opening the note and begins to read it out loud.
-IM SORRY THAT I MAKE MISTAKES, SORRY FOR NOT BEING AS PERFECT AS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO BE. SORRY FOR THE PAIN AND SUFFERING I PUT YOU AND ME THROUGH. Emily reads. I CAN ONLY SAY IM SORRY SO MUCH BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIX EVERY DETAIL IN LIFE. BUT WHAT I CAN SAY IS THAT I LOVE YOU AND THAT'S SOMETHING IM NOT SORRY ABOUT.
Though I'm standing across the room, a few feet away I can still hear the loud gulp that escapes Emily's mouth.
I walk closer and sit down on the bed patting the empty space next to me.
Emily sits down next to me and looks away at the fish swimming around.
-LOOK AT ME I whisper using my hand to turn her face to mine. IM SORRY EMILY I say taking her hands. AGAIN LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THIS ISNT AN EXCUSE BUT I CLEARLY WASNT IN MY RIGHT STATE OF MIND BECAUSE IF I WAS I WOULD'VE NEVER HURT YOU I state. WHAT I DID..I CAN'T TAKE THAT BACK BUT I CAN TRY TO MAKE UP FOR IT IF YOU LET ME I say letting the tears stream down my face.
Suddenly as I'm having a heart to heart with Emily there's a knock at the door.
-HOLD THAT THOUGHT I say leaving her to open the door.
I crack the door open a bit slipping out of the room so Emily won't see me and pay the man.
When I go back into the underwater room I see my wife observing the water and fish.
Emily has always been In love with the water and swimming in it.
That's why I brought her here tonight.
I love how much she loves the water.
The way her body glides through it as if she belongs there.
She's my mermaid.

When she hears the door shut she turns around and looks at me with tears running down her cheeks

-ALI ALL OF THIS IS BEAUTIFUL she says pointing to the room, table and food. AND I LOVE IT BUT THIS ISN'T GONNA FIX EVERYTHING she sobs out.
I go over to her side and place my hands on each side of her face.
-I KNOW, OK? I rhetorically ask. I KNOW THAT.. BUT IM WILLING TO TAKE THE TIME OUT OF EVERYDAY TO TRY AND EARN YOUR TRUST BACK I state. AND I WONT STOP UNTIL I DO I add.
-WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME, ALI? Emily cries. I TOLD YOU THAT I DIDN'T TRUST HIM AND YET YOU BRUSHED IT AWAY AS IF I WAS JUST PARANOID.
It brings so much pain to my heart knowing that I hurt her.
The woman that's done nothing but love me unconditionally everyday and has been there in my corner no matter what.
-SO WHAT DO YOU WANNA DO? I ask. IF DIVORCE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WANT, IM WILLING TO LET YOU GO. IT'LL HURT BUT I'LL LET YOU GO BECAUSE I HURT YOU AND I KNOW THAT I CANT HEAL THE PAIN I say crying now.
-GOD NO ALI Emily wails. I DON'T WANT YOU TO LET ME GO, I  LOVE YOU AND I LOVE THE KIDS I JUST... I NEED YOU TO HELP ME FIX THIS she says through tears.
-GOOD I laugh. BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA LET YOU GO I state. WE'LL FIX THIS, TOGETHER I say hugging her.
Emily looks into my eyes and leans in to kiss me, stopping before connecting our lips.
-YOU DIDN'T GO DOWN ON H...
-EW NO I quip.
-GOOD Emily says before kissing me. LETS JUST GIVE IT SOME TIME she suggests.
-YEAH TIME I agree. TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED I add. I LOVE YOU I say against her lips.
We eat our dinner under candlelight, lie back and watch the fish and stay up to see the magical scene I paid extra for.
As Emily is cuddled into my arms falling asleep, I gently remove strands of hair from her face as I recite my favorite quote to her.
-I LOVED HER AGAINST REASON, AGAINST PROMISE, AGAINST PEACE, AGAINST HOPE, AGAINST HAPPINESS, AGAINST ALL DISCOURAGEMENT THAT COULD BE I say kissing her forehead. GOODNIGHT EM, I LOVE YOU I add before hitting the lights and falling asleep as well.

So Emison is Okay for now... 😏
Emily still doesn't trust her yet but it'll get there eventually.
What do you think about this update?
I love it ❤️
Enjoy 😊
-D