POUR LA ROUTE

The title means "For The Road"
THE NEXT DAY
Emily's POV
Alison and I got into a big fight last night and she slept in Courtney's room.
I completely understand why she's mad and I know that I should've told her when I first found out, but what she has to understand is that I'm doing this so we can be straight.
Our little family that we've created will be set money wise until the twins are at least twenty three.
I know that she's scared and wants me to stay but I have to go.
I walk into the twins room and to my surprise they're already up.
-GOOD MORNING COREY AND DYLAN I say before picking both of them up from their cribs. YOU GUYS ARE GETTING A LITTLE HEAVY I add as I walk them downstairs to eat.
After feeding them I decide to spend a little time with them before I leave in a few hours.
I sit there with the both of them falling asleep on my chest taking in the precious moments that I'll miss out on in the next three months.
Once they're both in deep slumber I take them back upstairs to their room.
I know that Courtney likes her sleep and she gets cranky when she's woken up so I make her a video of me reading her favorite bedtime book instead of waking her.
Now in Courtney's room I see Alison cuddled up with our daughter and Mr. Pumblechook.
I put the video next to her bookshelf so she'll notice it while picking out a new book.
She's so smart, I'm proud of her. We both are.
I unravel Alison's arm from around Courtney and pick her up bridal style, taking her back into our room.
She's still sleeping so I gently lay her down slowly climbing into the bed next to her.
As we lay there I start to take in all of her beauty as she sleeps.
While staring at her beautiful blonde hair and gorgeous face several tears start to escape from my eyes.
-I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH ALI I whisper. I KNOW YOU'RE STILL MAD AND IT'LL BE LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE BUT THAT'S A RISK I'M WILLING TO TAKE TO MAKE SURE YOU AND THOSE BEAUTIFUL BABIES HAVE EVERYTHING LIFE CAN OFFER. I'M LEAVING BUT I'LL ALWAYS COME BACK TO YOU ALI, I'M ALL YOURS I whisper lower than before trying to control the cracks in my voice.
I watch as her chest slowly rises and falls as she sleeps.
Alison's eyes soon flutter open and I notice the tears running down her cheeks.
-ALI DON'T CRY I say quickly wiping away the tears.
Her eyes meet mine for a while before she rolls hers and gets up.
-GOOD MORNING I quip hoping she'll respond.
But you know what they say about hope. It breeds eternal misery.
Just as I thought, she's ignoring me.
God why does she have to be so damn hot even when she's being stubborn.
Alison walks around me and leans on the counter as she eats her Lucky Charms.
I creep up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.
-EMILY PLEASE MOVE she mumbles while eating her cereal.
-NOPE I say moving her hair to her other shoulder kissing her neck. I LOVE YOU I whisper.
-WHATEVER she says still eating her cereal.
I move the bowl from in front of her and turn her around to face me.
-SAY IT BACK I demand.
Alison's POV
-SAY IT BACK Emily demands after using her arms to turn me around.
I look up into her eyes getting ready to speak.
-NO I quip moving her arm to walk away.
Emily then grabs my arm and spins me around into her body.
She smirks and runs her thumb across my lips before kissing them.
I resist at first but I soon start to kiss back.
I can't help it, I love kissing her. I could spend all day kissing those lips.
With the help of Emily I hop up on the counter spreading my legs so she can fit in between them.
After a few long sensual kisses I begin to unbutton her pajama shirt.
I nibble on her earlobe for a few seconds and then make my way down to her neck and chest.
As soon as things get heated Courtney comes treading down into the kitchen.
Courtney looks at us and stitches her eyebrows together when she sees Emily's hand in my pants.
-MWOMMY WHAT YOU DOING TO MAMA? she questions rubbing her eyes.
I laugh a tad and Emily removes her hand.
I hop down to the floor and finish eating my food.
-COURT DID YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH? I ask.
She nods her head and Emily sits her on her lap.
-HEY BIG GIRL I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU Emily states.
Courtney looks to me then back to Emily before listening for Emily to continue.
I hand her a plate of chocolate chip waffles and a yogurt and sit down to listen.
-LISTEN MOMMY HAS TO LEAVE FOR A WHILE OK BUT I'LL BE BACK IN NO TIME she says to Courtney.
-FOR HOW LOWNG? Courtney questions eating her food.
When Emily doesn't answer she looks over to me.
I sigh and begin to finish for my wife.
I hated when my parents lied to me so I always promised to tell my children the truth.
-SHE HAS TO LEAVE FOR THREE MONTHS BABY BUT I'LL STILL BE HERE WITH YOU I state.
-ITS OTAY I CAN FACE CALL YOU ON MAMA'S PHONE Courtney says hugging Emily.
_________________________
No Ones POV
After coming back from park with the kids Emily and Alison packed in silence.
It's clear to Emily that Alison is still mad at her even though they were just kissing and acting fine less than an hour ago.
-ALISON Emily says still packing her bags.
-HMM Alison hums not looking into her wife's eyes.
-I'M SORRY FOR NOT TELLING YOU Emily says back now walking down the stairs with her things.
Alison stays quiet and shrugs her shoulders.
-BYE BYE MWOMMY Courtney says jumping on her mothers leg.
Emily and Alison share a laugh at their daughters attempt to climb up Emily's body.
Emily picks her up and kisses her forehead while Courtney wraps her arms around her neck.
She then bends down to kiss the twins who are giggling at the silly faces she's making.
After putting Courtney down Emily turns around to see Alison staring at the ground.
-I LOVE YOU Emily states lifting Alison's head with her fingers.
-I LOVE YOU TOO Alison says trying not to look her in the eyes.
Maybe if she looked her in the eyes it would've made it ten times harder to say goodbye to the tan beauty.
Emily places a kiss on Alison's forehead as well before walking to the door.
When Alison hears the door open something in her makes her shout out to her wife.
-EMILY! Alison yells walking fast around the hall to the door.
Emily turns around and Alison smashes her lips into hers.
They both cry a little before pulling apart.
-I HAVE TO GO Emily whispers wiping Alison's tears.
Alison does the same to her before placing another kiss on her lips.
Emily turns to the door and opens it stopping to turn around to see her family once more before leaving.
-I LOVE YOU MWOMMY Courtney says hugging Alison's side.
-I LOVE YOU ALL Emily says. BYE I'LL CALL WHEN I LAND she adds blowing a kiss and finally walking out.
For some reason Alison feels like a piece of her heart has been snatched out but she knows that Emily will be back.
She'll always come back, that's what they do.
They make sure to find a way back to each other.
-I LOVE YOU Alison whispers once more before turning to play with the kids.

This chapter made me cry for some odd reason. 😢 I LOVE EMISON FAMILY
-D