LIAR

5 DAYS LATER
Back in Rosewood
Emily's POV
As I play with Dylan, Courtney plays with her dolls while Corey is asleep in her Pack n Play.
I hear and feel my phone vibrate so I pick it up to see who's texting me.
It's a Snapchat from Alison.
From WIFE 💍❤️:

I giggle at the picture she just sent me from class

With Dylan in my lap I decide to send a photo back to her.
To WIFE 💍❤️:

All of a sudden my phone starts to ring

-HEY BABE I say to Alison. WHY ARE YOU ON THE PHONE IN CLASS? I ask.
-SHUT UP Alison says laughing at me. WHERE'S COURTNEY AND COREY?
-COREY IS ASLEEP AND COURTNEY IS PLAYING WITH HER BARBIE DOLLS I state as Dylan tries to grab the phone from my hand.
He gets a little excited when he hears Alison's voice and starts to gurgle small noises while bouncing up and down.
-HOLD ON DYLAN WANTS TO TALK TO YOU I say through laughter as I give him the phone.
He takes the phone from me using his tiny fingers and starts to gurgle again.
-HI BABY Alison excitedly says. MAMA MISSES YOU she adds.
He starts his gurgling again followed by laughs.
-WHAT'S FUNNY BABY? WHAT DID MAMA SAY? I ask my four month old son.
He giggles again and tries to place the phone in his mouth.
I quickly take it from him and wipe it off before talking to Alison again.
-DYL JUST TRIED TO EAT THE PHONE I say through laughter.
Courtney stops playing with her dolls to play with Dylan, leaving Ali and me to talk alone.
-HOW YOU HOLDING UP? Alison questions referring to my father's situation.
-ALI FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME I'M FINE I say. REALLY I add.
I hear a loud sigh come from the other end of the phone.
Alison has always been able to read me no matter how hard I try to make myself seem okay.
I never understood how but even when I first met her she could tell when something was wrong.
It honestly annoys me sometimes.
-IF YOU SAY SO Alison mumbles.
-WHAT? I ask.
-NOTHING I'LL BE HOME SOON I LOVE YOU, EM she says.
-ALRIGHT BYE I say hanging up the phone.
I play around with Courtney for a while until she ends up falling asleep in the twins pack n play with them.
I pick them up one at a time and carry them upstairs into their rooms.
It's only 3pm but I guess they were tired from all of the playing we did today.
Now in Alison's and I's room I lay down on her side of the bed taking in her fresh vanilla scent on the pillow.
My eyes roam the room until I spot a picture of my parents on the dresser.
I let my eyes shut as tears begin to stream down my face.
Wayne Fields is a great man, husband, father and grandfather and it sucks that he has to go through this.
He doesn't deserve this.
I paid for all of his upcoming surgeries that may potentially make him better.
I can't picture life without my dad around to talk to and play with the kids.
I don't wanna picture it.
The twins are only a few months and they didn't get to spend as much time with him.
Courtney isn't gonna have him around to talk to her when she gets into her first relationship or to tell her she looks beautiful when she goes to a school dance.
Now realizing that my eyes are pouring with tears I wash my face in the bathroom before getting back into the bed cuddling my Father's war jacket.
Alison's POV
Emily's been putting up this wall ever since she found out that her dad is sick.
I know that she's not ready to talk about it and I'm fine with that but it really hurts my feelings when I tell her I love her and she doesn't say it back.
She's also been putting up a front as if she's fine.
Some people may think she is but I'm her wife, I know when something is bothering her.
Ever since I met Emily I could tell when she was lying to me, it's like this sixth sense that I've developed.
After class I tell my professor that I have to take a break for a few days and get all of my work from him.
-EMILY I'M HOME I call out.
No answer.
I go upstairs and check on the kids and they're all asleep.
I walk into me and Emily's room and she's asleep as well, wearing her father's army jacket.
Gently placing a kiss on her forehead I go into the bathroom to hop in the shower after a long day at school.
As I'm washing I feel soft hands running up my back as the water hits my front.
I turn around to be met by a fully naked Emily.
-HEY SEXY Emily greets me pushing my towards the wall kissing my neck.
-E..EM WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I ask trying to push her off.
-I MISSED YOU she breathes into my neck.
I squirm around more as I try and try to push her off of me.
-FUCK ALI! Emily yells now angry.
-EMILY YOU NEED TO LET IT OUT! TALK TO ME I yell back.
Emily steps out of the shower and grabs a towel.
-IM FINE! MAYBE I JUST WANTED TO FUCK BUT YOU RUINED THE MOOD NOW Emily retorts.
-YOU'RE NOT FINE EMILY IT'S OKAY TO CRY. IF YOU'RE FINE LOOK ME IN THE EYES AND TELL ME THAT EVERYTHING IS OK I say wrapping myself with a towel as well.
Emily licks her lips and gazes around the room before shifting her weight from one foot to the other now looking at me.
-I SAID I'M FINE she states through gritted teeth staring me straight in the eye.
She's never been able to look at me or give me a straight face while lying.
-LIAR I quip drying myself off.
-FUCK YOU Emily mutters slamming the bathroom door.
That stung me in my heart but I know she doesn't mean it.
We say things we don't mean when we're hurting.
While getting dried and dressed I hear the sound of shattering glass and loud bangs causing me to run into my room.
When I get there Emily is throwing and breaking things.
I quickly run up behind her and wrap my arms around her trying to stop the tantrum.
Once she stops she falls down onto the floor while still in my arms crying.
-IT'S NOT FAIR Emily sobs now balled up on the floor in my embrace.
-SHH.. I KNOW, I KNOW I say now crying myself.
Of the many years that Emily and I have been together I've never seen her like this before and it hurts me to watch her unfold in front of my eyes.
Emily cries and sobs loudly into my forearm as I caress her head full of hair.
I then look up in the doorway to see Courtney with a frightened look on her face.
-COME HERE BABY GIRL I whisper holding my other arm out for her.
She slowly trails into the room sitting down next to Emily.
Courtney looks from me to Emily again before wrapping her small arms around Emily's neck.
Emily hugs her back and cries into her shoulder as I hug the both of them.

This chapter made me sad 😭 I literally used a whole bag of tissues while writing this.
I'm sorry Killabish if it made you sad as well.
-D