PLAY IT COOL

Ok so this chapter is A LOT of Courtney.
And it's a long chapter...
Alison's POV
I stretch my arm out in bed to cuddle up to Emily, only to find that she isn't there.
When my eyes finally open and recover from the suns blinding rays I see a note next to me in Emily's handwriting.
Coming Back
I rise from the comfy bed and walk out into the living room.
-DYLAN AND COREY STOP I hear Courtney yells at the twins.
Turning the corner I see Dylan throw some of his oatmeal at Corey.
-NO I sternly say walking up to him. BAD DYLAN, DON'T THROW THINGS AT YOUR SISTERS I add.
-NO Corey mimics me smacking him dead across the face making him cry.
-COREY NO HITTING I tell her. COURT WHERE'S MOMMY? I ask my oldest.
-I DUNNO Courtney shrugs her shoulders. SHE BROUGHT BREAKFAST AND TOLD US TO WAKE YOU UP BEFORE LEAVING.
I sigh and take out my phone to call Emily.
She didn't answer.
Why am I not surprised?
Just as I go to clean the oatmeal from Corey's face Courtney calls me.
-MAMA I DID SOMETHING BAD my oldest daughter tells me.
I finish with the twins and kneel down in front of her as she plays with her fingers.
-ITS OK YOU CAN TELL ME I say to her. WHAT DID YOU DO? I ask.
Courtney looks away from my eyes and begins to talk.

-AT THE PARTY I TOOK MAYA'S BAG AND BURIED IT BY THE TREE WITH BENTLEY AND ISABELLA Courtney confesses

-AT THE PARTY I TOOK MAYA'S BAG AND BURIED IT BY THE TREE WITH BENTLEY AND ISABELLA Courtney confesses. IM SORRY MAMA, I'LL GO TO TIME OUT she sadly says hopping down from the stool.
I smile to myself at how much we're alike.
-I LOVE YOU KID I say laughing at her.
Courtney stops and looks up at me with a confused look.
-YOU'RE NOT MAD? she questions.
-NO, IT'LL BE OUR LITTLE SECRET I tell her and she smiles sitting back down at the table.
-DUPPA WHY MAMA Dylan exclaims pointing at the TV while eating.
-YAY DUPPA WHY! Corey claps her hands.
I laugh at my twin babies and turn the volume up a little.
-BUT MAMA THEY ALWAYS WATCH SUPER WHY Courtney whines.
-WELL BABY GIRL YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GET USED TO SUPER WHY  BECAUSE YOU'LL BE SEEING A LOT MORE OF IT I laugh rubbing my small baby bump. MAYBE I'LL GET YOU A TV IN YOUR ROOM IF YOU'RE GOOD I tell her making her excited.
While cleaning the kids dishes I hear the front door open and close again.
-HAVE YOU SEEN MAYA'S PURSE AROUND ANYWHERE? Emily questions. SHE CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE AND ALL OF HER THINGS WERE IN IT she adds.
As Courtney eats her carrots she takes a quick glance at me and then Emily.