NIGHTMARE

3 WEEKS LATER
Emily's POV
-ALISON?! ALISON WHERE ARE YOU? I yell through the long dark hallway.
No answer.
As I walk further down the narrow hall I hear screams echoing off the walls.
I know that voice.
-EMILY HELP US! Alison screams.
Approaching the door at the end of the hall I hear a baby's cry followed by Alison's.
-ALI! COURTNEY! WHERE ARE YOU? I CANT FIND YOU I scream back starting to panic.
-MWOMMY! Courtney screams now crying.
-COURT BABY I'M COMING, MOMMY'S COMING I state trying to open the door.
I jiggle the doorknob once, twice and again for the third time.
I start to bang on the door with my fist, while still turning the knob with my other.
The crying and screaming stops and the hall grows quiet.
-HELLO? ALI! OPEN UP PLEASE OPEN UP! I shout still banging and now kicking the door.
The door suddenly flies open and the lights begin to flicker.
I walk into the room in search of my fiancé and daughter.
I soon spot a large office chair turned in the corner.
Now nervous I walk over to the chair to turn it around.
As I touch the chair there's blood all on my hand.
I turn the chair to see a lifeless Courtney slashed all up.
-NO NO NO! COURTNEY WAKE UP BABY! I shout now picking up the bloody toddler.
I feel breathing on the back of my neck as I hold Courtney crying.
I freeze and turn my body only to be met by a bloody Alison.
There are stab wounds on her stomach and a large slash across her throat.
-YOU'RE TOO LATE EMILY! YOU COULDN'T SAVE US! YOU'RE USELESS! Alison screams now lifting up the knife to plunge it into my chest.
-AHHHHHHH! I scream as I jump up in a cold sweat.
I turn to my side to see Alison still sleeping peacefully.
How the hell did she sleep through my screams?
As I begin to pant for air I hear crying coming from Courtney's room.
I flip my legs over to the edge of the bed and begin to walk into Courtney's room.
When I get to Courtney's room I see her standing in her crib crying and screaming.
We decided to keep her sleeping in her crib for a while longer since she is so clumsy. We didn't want her falling out of bed.
I get over to Courtney's bed and wipe my eyes with my forearm.
-MWOMMY Courtney cries out with a quivering lip.
Instead of picking her up, I quickly climb into the crib laying her down wrapped in my arms.
-DID YOU HAVE A NIGHTMARE TOO? I ask her while gently rubbing her head.
Courtney's cries slowly begin to calm down and minutes later she is asleep.
Beings though I'm super tired and I don't feel like getting up, I stay in the crib trying to fall asleep.
-I PROMISE I WONT EVER LET ANYONE HURT YOU BUG I whisper. I PROMISE I say before kissing her head.
My eyes start to become heavier and before I knew it I was asleep cuddling with Courtney.
Alison's POV
I roll over to Emily's side of the bed as the sun creeps through the curtains hitting me in my eyes.
I try to grab onto Emily but to my surprise she isn't there.
I open my eyes and glance at the alarm clock on my nightstand.
7:08am
-EM? I quietly shout as I get out of bed.
I walk into the bathroom but she isn't there either.
As I walk out of the bathroom I feel a cool breeze swipe across my stomach.
I look over at the window and pull it closed before going to check on Courtney.
When I walk into Courtney's room I smile at the view.
Emily is fast asleep in the crib with Courtney wrapped in her arms.
I gently glide my fingers across their foreheads as I plant a soft kiss on their cheeks.
I guess the kiss wasn't soft enough because as soon as I turn to walk out of the door Emily wakes up.
-ALI? Emily questions in that sexy morning voice.
-HMM? I hum, turning my attention back to the crib.
-COME SLEEP WITH US Emily says with her eyes still shut.
I laugh and shake my head.
-I CANT, THE CRIB WILL BREAK I state. WHY ARE YOU IN THERE ANYWAY? I question.
-NO RESERN, COURTNEY ADDA NIGHTMARE she mumbles into Courtney's hair.
I nod my head and then furrow my brows.
Wow I'm actually starting to understand her sleep mumbles. I think to myself.
-OK WELL GO BACK TO SLEEP, I'LL MAKE BREAKFAST AND THEN I'LL WAKE YOU TWO MONSTERS UP I say still staring at the two sleeping girls in the crib.
Before I could get out of the door Emily calls me again.
-ALISON Emily mumbles pretty clearly. I NUV YOU she adds.
I smile and respond quickly.
-I LOVE YOU TOO, GET SOME SLEEP I say before walking into the kitchen to get breakfast started.
After cooking for maybe thirty minutes Emily comes strutting into the kitchen with Courtney in her arms.
-GOOD MORNING I say turning around to face Emily.
Emily sits Courtney down in her mini mouse sofa and turns on Sesame Street for her before walking over to me.
-GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL Emily smiles and wraps her arms around my waist placing kisses on my neck.
We both sit down at the table to eat as I feed Courtney her pancakes.
-WHAT? I question Emily who is just staring at me and Courtney.
Emily shakes her head and continues to eat.
-NOTHING I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I'LL NEVER LET ANYONE HURT YOU TWO she says while toying with her food.
I let out a quick sigh and roll my eyes.
-OKAY HOW BOUT' WE SKIP THE PART WHERE I TRY AND FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND YOU JUST TELL ME I state in a "matter of fact" tone.
Emily looks up from her food again I can tell something's wrong.
She opens her mouth and closes it again as if she is about to speak.
I stare at her waiting for an answer but she just smiles.
There's a sudden silence that grew over us until Courtney picks up her bacon and throws it at Emily's face causing me to laugh.
-OOH YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE MISSY Emily says picking Courtney up tickling her and pretending she's an airplane.
Courtney begins to laugh and giggle which makes me smile.
I know Emily is keeping something from me, I can tell but I won't pressure her.
She'll come to me when she's ready.
Until then I'll enjoy life with my two perfect girls.
My fiancé Emily and our daughter Courtney.
Sounds pretty nice. I think to myself.

My editing skills are getting better. I mean would you look at that picture lol ^^^. Yes that is Tammin's (Jenna) daughter Phoenix but I couldn't find any other cute baby so I used her.