SMOOTHIES

5 DAYS LATER
ALISON'S POV
I just dropped Courtney off to daycare and now I'm headed to class to take finals before the semester is over.
When I moved in my apartment on campus I found this really cool frozen yogurt place called "Brew-Lé" that sells organic smoothies.
I guess you could say that I'm addicted now because everyday before class I drop by and order my favorite smoothie.
Although I enjoy spending most of my time there, today was definitely different.
-HEY GREG! WHERE'S MANDY? I ask the employee behind the bar.
Mandy is my favorite because she knows exactly how I like my smoothie. Mango madness with a hint of peach on the rocks.
-OHH YOU DON'T KNOW? He questions. MANDY QUIT THE OTHER DAY, THEY HIRED SOME NEW GIRL TO TAKE HER PLACE Greg says rolling his eyes while cleaning the bar.
Shit that sucks! I think to myself.
-HI IM PA..
-ARE YOU SHITTIN' ME? I say annoyed ready to walk away.
-ALISON WAIT! Paige calls out. LOOK I'M SORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING OKAY? LET ME MAKE IT UP TO YOU, I CAN START BY FIXING YOU A DRINK she happily exclaims.
-FINE! I say after sighing. I'LL HAVE A MANGO MADNESS WITH A HINT OF PEACH ON THE ROCKS I state giving Paige the money in order to pay for my order.
Paige smiles and turns to walk to the blender in the back.
No more than 5 minutes later Paige comes back and hands me my drink while taking the money and giving me change.
-KEEP THE CHANGE I say turning to walk away.
-ALISON.. I'M HAPPY WE COULD HANDLE THINGS LIKE ADULTS Paige says throwing me a creepy smile.
After the weird encounter I had with Paige at Brew-Lé I head over to class while sipping my smoothie.
Pretty good! I think to myself after tasting the mango drink.

CECE'S POV
I unlock the door to me and Alison's apartment while carrying a napping Courtney.
-GEESH KID YOU'RE GETTING FAT I mumble so I won't wake her since her daycare said they just got her to sleep.
When I walk in the small apartment I don't see Alison's backpack and she should've been home by now so I decide to call out for her.
-ALISONN! I yell covering my mouth afterwards because I forgot Courtney was still sleeping.
Courtney's head plunges up to look around after hearing her mothers name.
-MAMA Courtney quietly calls out while rubbing her eyes.
Still no answer.
-WELL CHUBBY BUNNY I GUESS ITS JUST THE TWO OF US I exclaim looking at Courtney.
I sit Courtney down in her high chair and hand her some leftover spaghetti and meatballs from the night before.
As I sit down to feed her Alison walks in throwing her bag on the floor and slamming the door.
-ROUGH DAY? I question the highly agitated blonde
-I JUST WANNA SLEEP! Alison groans out through a pillow as she drops onto the couch. I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN AWAKE FOR 32 HOURS AND I'M STARVING she adds while sitting up.
-THAT'S THE BABIES TALKING I state before putting a spoon of noodles into Courtney's mouth.
-MAMA MAMA MAMA! Courtney yells with a full mouth banging on the top of her table.
Alison smiles at Courtney then stands up only to drop back down.
-YOU OKAY? I ask Alison looking back and forth between her and my niece.
Alison doesn't reply, instead she just grabs onto her lower abdomen and begins to screech in pain.
-OUCHHH! Alison screams now breathing heavily.
-WHAT? WHAT'S WRONG? I ask rushing over to her.
-OWWW OWW FUCKK! She yells out as her face turns tomato red.
I look down and notice that Alison's white pants now have blood all between her thighs.
-SHIT! WE GOTTA GO ALI, NOW! I shout now helping her up and out to my car.
Once Alison is in the car I run back into the apartment to grab Courtney and strap her into her car seat as Alison still winches in pain.
-OKAY UMM WE'RE ALMOST THERE I nervously say to my younger sister who is now crying and gripping onto her stomach.
-CALL EMILY! she yells through sobs while trembling a lot more than she was before.
I do as I'm told calling Emily on the speaker in my car but there is no answer.
We pull into the parking lot of the hospital and I grab Courtney and run into the Emergency room calling out for a doctor.
After nurses rush out to get Alison they bring her back in a wheelchair placing her on the hospital bed.
-WHAT HAPPENED? The doctor questions.
-I..I DON'T KNOW, SHE'S PREGNANT AND UMM SHE..SHE CAME HOME, SAT DOWN, STARTED SCREAMING AND BLEEDING! I panic still carrying Courtney.
The doctor then rushes into the room with Alison and closes the door leaving me worried in the waiting room.

EMILY'S POV
After I released from class I unlock my phone only to see a text message from CeCe.
5:30pm
CeCe D: GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW! SOMETHING HAPPENED WITH ALISON. PLEASE HURRY!
I start to run to my car after reading CeCe's text and hop in pulling off once I finally reach it.
It took me about 15 minutes to get to the hospital on campus but I arrived safely after racing through the streets to get here.
When I run into the waiting room I spot CeCe and Courtney waiting there.
-WHERE'S ALI? I question out of breath.
-THE DOCTORS TOOK HER BACK THERE CeCe says pointing to the big doors.
-WHAT HAPPENED CECE? I ask.
-I THINK SOMETHING IS GOING ON WITH THE BABIES. I DON'T KNOW BUT I'M SCARED CeCe says hugging me. WHAT IF THEY AREN'T OK? WHAT IF ALI ISN'T OK? She questions while crying.
I can't guarantee that Alison or the babies will be fine so I sit in silence while holding Courtney in one arm with my other wrapped around CeCe.
About 30 minutes later I look up to see Spencer, Hanna and even Aria rush over to us.
-IS ALI OK? Spencer asks.
-WHAT ABOUT THE BABIES? Aria questions.
-I DON'T KNOW. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE? YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO COME ALL THE WAY FROM NEW YORK AND GEORGIA I state trying to hide my tears.
-EM YOU AND ALI ARE OUR BEST FRIENDS OF COURSE WE WOULD COME Hanna states rubbing my back.
-HI I'M DOCTOR DUNHILL, ALISON WILL BE FINE BUT UNFORTUNATELY SHE SUFFERED FROM A MISCARRIAGE. I'M SORRY he says while walking us back to Alison's room.
-ALI! I shout and rush over to kiss her once we all enter.
-I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG YOU KNOW? THAT'S WHAT THEY TOLD ME. THE DOCTOR SAID I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG Alison sobs while hugging me.
-I KNOW BABE IT'S GONNA BE FINE.. EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE WE'RE ALL HERE FOR YOU I say to her rubbing strands of hair behind her ear while now crying.
The doctor then walks in with a notepad and tells us what exactly happened.
-THERE WAS DRUGS FOUND IN HER SYSTEM he starts until I cut him off.
-NO ALI DOESN'T USE DRUGS I shout.
-I KNOW BUT THIS KIND OF DRUG IS USUALLY FOUND IN PROTEIN DRINKS OR TYPE OF SHAKES THAT HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS he states.
After hearing that I feel my body tense up with rage because I know that Paige works at the smoothie shop Alison always goes to.
I walk out of the hospital and hop in my car heading back towards the dorms to find Paige.
I'm gonna kill her. I think to myself.
That is the only thought I have in my mind as I walk through the halls until I finally bump into someone who just happens to be Paige.

There was a scene I used from the secret life of the American teenager in the story. The scene when Adrian lost the baby in the hospital. (Just in case you were wondering lol). What should I make Emily do to Paige? 🤔😂