FLASHBACKS TO REALITY

1 WEEK LATER
ALISON'S POV
I sit in the back of English class alone listening to poetry presentations Fitz made the class do.
Spencer, Hanna and Aria go up to present their poem.
I told them that I wanted to write my own poem so it's just them three presenting together.
I laugh as the girls read their funny little poem about life but I still can't get my mind off of the sleepover we had at Spencer's the other night.
~Flashback~
-GUYS I'M GETTING PRETTY TIRED, AREN'T YOU? Spencer asks Aria and Hanna shooting them a funny look.
-YE..YEAH the other two answer. LETS GO UPSTAIRS they say in unison.
I know they aren't really tired especially not the mysterious "Team Sparia" they could stay up all night talking about nothing, I guess this is their way of giving me and Emily alone time.
-GOODNIGHT ALI, GOODNIGHT EM Spencer shouts turning out the lights leaving Emily and I on the pull out couch alone.
I turn and shoot Emily a disgusted look before rolling my eyes.
-WELL I GUESS IT'S JUST ME AND YOU Emily says in an awkward tone.
I ignore her comment, turn around and pull the covers up to my shoulders as I lie down and fall into a deep sleep.
In the middle of the night I feel something draped over my stomach so I wake up only to see Emily snuggled onto me.
-GET OFF OF ME! I exclaim while pushing her over to her side of the pull out couch now sitting on the back of my feet.
-I'M SORRY IT'S AN OLD HABIT Emily says in a sleepy voice while rubbing her eyes.
Why must she be so damn adorable!
-YEAH, WELL LET IT DIE I state before snatching the covers from Emily and walking off into Spencer's guest room.
~End Of Flashback~
Once the girls finish their poem I see Emily walk into class for the first time in months.
I roll my eyes knowing that her assigned seat is next to mine.
-EMILY! NICE OF YOU TO JOIN US Mr. Fitz says looking at Emily.
-THANK YOU MR. FITZ IT IS NICE Emily says sarcastically causing everyone in the the classroom laugh besides me.
-TAKE A SEAT MISS FIELDS Mr. Fitz demands. ALISON COULD YOU READ US YOUR POEM he adds.
-NO, DON'T REALLY FEEL LIKE IT I say. I HATE POETRY I add while giving him a fake smile.
-IT WASN'T AN OPTION, READ IT OR STAY FOR DETENTION he states.
I roll my eyes again before I get up walking past Emily to recite my poem to the class.
-WHAT'S THE TITLE? Ezra questions.
-YOU NEVER LOVED ME I reply before he nods for me to continue.
I see Emily's head shoot up from her phone once she hears the name of my poem giving me her full attention.
-NEVER SAY I LOVE YOU
IF YOU REALLY DON'T CARE.
NEVER TALK ABOUT FEELINGS
IF THEY REALLY AREN'T THERE.
NEVER HOLD MY HAND
IF YOU ARE GONNA BREAK MY HEART.
NEVER SAY YOU ARE GOING TO
IF YOU DON'T PLAN TO START I state before taking in a deep breath.
NEVER LOOK INTO MY EYES
IF ALL YOU DO IS LIE.
NEVER SAY HI
IF YOU REALLY MEAN GOODBYE.
IF YOU REALLY MEAN FOREVER
THEN SAY YOU WILL TRY.
NEVER SAY FOREVER I say while now crying my eyes out.
CAUSE' FOREVER MAKES ME CRY.
I look up from my notebook and glance at Emily staring at me with glossy eyes.
The girls look at Emily and back to me and I walk out of the class crying and sobbing like my 1 year old daughter.
-ALI WAIT!
I hear a voice say knowing it's Emily.
I walk into the girls bathroom and try to lock it but I realize it's too late when Emily pushes the door open.
She's already standing in front of me.
I try to talk but all that comes from my mouth is annoyingly loud sobs.
Emily pulls me into the stall and holds me in her arms.
As I stand there crying I hear Emily begin to talk.
-ALI I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU she states referring to the title of my poem. I STILL DO AND WHAT I DID WAS UNINTENTIONAL.
I love you too, I always will. I think to myself.
I stay wrapped in her arms savoring the moment because I know this will be the last time I'll ever allow her to hold me.
Emily exhales and begins to talk again.
-LYDIA AND I GOT REALLY DRUNK AT ONE OF NOEL'S CABIN PARTIES AND ENDED UP HAVING SEX Emily says. BUT IT WASN'T WHEN WE WERE TOGETHER, IT WAS WHEN WE WERE JUST DATING OR WHATEVER IT WAS WE WERE DOING BEFORE WE WERE OFFICIAL.
I look up into Emily's big brown orbs and pull away a little before folding my arms.
Emily sighs once again continues.
-SHE BLACKMAILED ME INTO HAVING SEX WITH HER AGAIN SO YOU WOULDN'T FIND OUT BUT I SWEAR ALI I DIDN'T DO IT Emily states now crying. I'LL ADMIT THAT I WAS GOING TO BUT I STOPPED EVERYTHING RIGHT BEFORE YOU WALKED IN. I LOVE YOU ALISON she whimpers.
-WELL MAYBE IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID THAT BEFORE YOU CHEATED OR ATTEMPTED TO CHEAT ON ME WE WOULD STILL BE TOGETHER I say in a snotty tone. IT'S TOO LATE FOR US EMILY BUT I HOPE YOU FIND SOMEONE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY I add.
I walk out of the bathroom and back to class feeling like someone hit me in my stomach with a ton of bricks realizing what I just did.

EMILY'S POV
-WELL MAYBE IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID THAT BEFORE YOU CHEATED OR ATTEMPTED TO CHEAT ON ME WE WOULD STILL BE TOGETHER Alison states in a very annoyed tone of voice. IT'S TOO LATE FOR US EMILY BUT I HOPE YOU FIND SOMEONE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY she adds after taking a deep sigh.
As Alison walks around me out of the bathroom leaving me there I can't help but to tilt my head down letting the stream of tears falling from my eyes hit the floor.
I really lost her this time. I think to myself. 
As I walk back into class after gathering myself together I notice that Alison is no longer there.
-WHERE'S ALI? I ask the girls as I walk along side their seats.
-SHE LEFT, SHE DIDN'T FEEL GOOD Spencer states while giving me a "what did you do" look.
-SHE'S GONE I whispered as I begin to quietly cry.
-IT'S OKAY EMMY Hanna says while bringing me in for a hug.
-YEAH EM IT'LL BE FINE JUST GIVE HER TIME Aria says hugging me before Spencer joined in.