APOLOGIES

3 MONTHS LATER
Alison's POV
I know years have passed since Emily and I were teenagers and we're married now, but lately I can't stop thinking of how I treated her before.
I was a horrible person and I pushed her away because I was scared of admitting that I was bisexual.
Now that I think about it, it was all very silly.
-ALI DO LOOK A COMPLETE MESS? Emily questions while I'm in my trance.
-MHM I hum flagging at her with my hand.
-UGHH! Emily groans aloud.
I'm cut from my thoughts at the sound of her groaning.
-WHAT? WHAT'S WRONG? I ask looking up at her through the mirror.
Emily folds her arms and begins to pout.
-THESE ARE THE ONLY CLOTHES I HAVE BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO DO LAUNDRY WHILE YOU WERE OUT AND YOU JUST SAID I LOOK A MESS Emily whines, confusing me.
I turn away from the mirror to look at my wife.
-EM YOU LOOK HOT AS ALWAYS WHY WOULD I SAY YOU LOOK A MESS? I ask through laughter as I scan her body with my eyes.
Emily removes her coffee stained shirt and picks up a white tee to match her blue high waisted jeans.
-ALI YOU LITERALLY JUST TOLD ME THAT A MINUTE AGO she states.
-I DID? I ask trying to remember if I did or not.
Emily looks at me before walking over to me to feel my head.
-OH GOSH MY WIFE HAS FINALLY GONE CRAZY Emily says cupping my jawline. NOT THAT SHE ALREADY WASN'T she teases.
We both share a laugh before taking Courtney and making our way to the picnic.
CeCe's POV
-WOW CECE YOU'RE GETTING SO FAT Hanna quips while eating a soft pretzel.
Aria quickly smacks the back of her head.
-NOT HELPING HAN Spencer states to the other blonde.
I shoot daggers at the blonde with my eyes before responding.
-I'M PREGNANT WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?
Hanna shrugs her shoulders.
-I DON'T KNOW, YOU'RE ONLY THREE MONTHS AND YOU'RE AS BIG AS SHAMU Hanna says.
We all shake our heads in disbelief at our friend.
As we're waiting for Alison, Emily and Courtney I see a male walking up to us.
Not just any male, Charles.
-WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW? I question. JASON! I yell.
-NO WAIT I CAME TO APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF YOU ESPECIALLY ALISON, IS SHE HERE? Charles asks.
He looks pretty sincere.
I guess I'll give him a chance.
-NO BUT SHE AND COURTNEY ARE ON THEIR WAY I assure him. MAYBE YOU CAN APOLOGIZE FOR MAKING HER DROP HER STRAWBERRY MILK AS WELL. ITS HER FAVORITE I add.
Charles nods his head and tries to walk over to the bench until Jason stops him.
-WHAT? YOU WANNA DENY SOMEONE ELSE'S BABY AT THIS PARK? Jason questions in a rude tone.
-JASON HE CAME TO APOLOGIZE JUST WAIT UNTIL ALI GETS HERE AND HE WILL I say to my younger brother. IN THE MEAN TIME BOND WITH HIM.
After convincing Jason to let him stay I turn my attention back to the girls'.
-OKAY SO WHO IS THE HUNK SITTING ON THE BENCH? Spencer questions as Aria and Hanna looks at me for an answer.
-HE'S OUR BROTHER, CHARLES I State. MY DAD HAD ME THEN JASON THEN CHEATED ON MY MOM WITH HIS MOTHER, THEN GOT BACK WITH OUR MOM TO HAVE ALISON I say taking a deep breath after that mouthful.
Hanna, Spencer and Aria all look shocked.
Mouths slightly agape with their eyebrows stitched together.
Spencer is the first one to speak up.
-ISN'T YOUR NAME CHARLOTTE AND HE NAMED HIM CHARLES? Spencer questions as I nod my head in agreement.
-THAT'S MESSED UP Aria says before sipping her iced tea.
Emily's POV
Alison, Courtney and I get out of the car to walk up to the park with the others.
As we get closer to the girls Alison spots the jungle gym and laughs.
-WRIGHT'S PLAYGROUND Alison says. COURTNEY DON'T EVER GET ON THAT JUNGLE GYM ITS EVIL.
I laugh and put Courtney down so she can walk.
Courtney comes to a sudden stop and looks up at me, lifting her arms in the air.
-NO COURT C'MON YOU HAVE TO WALK SOMETIMES I say to the toddler.
-MWOMMYY Courtney whines through her high pitched cries.
-NO I quip making her stand still to cry even louder.
Courtney starts to do this high pitched puppy whimper and pokes out her bottom lip.
It's honestly the cutest thing I've ever seen.
I look at her tiny little face before looking up to Ali.
Alison chuckles and throws her hands up telling me "I'm not in this".
I glance back down to Courtney who's eyes are now glossy.
-FINE I huff picking her back up.
Courtney wraps her arms around my neck as she looks at me me.
-WOW EMILY JUST GOT PLAYED BY HER OWN DAUGHTER Alison laughs out.
Courtney giggles a little before laying her head on my shoulder.
We spot the girls along with Toby and Jason and wave.
When we get closer Alison spots Charles.
-ALISON Charles says but Alison just walks by him ignoring his presence.
-HEY GIRLS, HEY JAS AND TOBY Alison exclaims walking over to hug each of them before sitting down.
Charles walks up to me while I'm still holding Courtney.
-HI EMILY he says and smiles at Courtney.
-HI I blatantly reply.
I put Courtney down and she stands behind me gripping onto my leg.
-I JUST WANTED TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY ACTIONS THAT NIGHT I WAS WRONG Charles says as he kneels down to Courtney.
-MWOVE Courtney whines, pushing Charles' face with her hand.
Charles and I share a laugh at the toddler.
She's becoming quiet like her mother.
-HELLO COURTNEY I'M CHARLES he says looking at her. YOU MAY NOT REMEMBER THAT FAR BACK BUT I'M SORRY I MADE YOU SPILL YOUR CHOCOLATE MILK Charles apologizes.
-STRAWBERRY MILK I say correcting him.
-AH YEAH SORRY, STRAWBERRY MILK Charles quips.
Courtney gives him her signature glare that resembles Alison's making me giggle.
Charles hands her a stuffed unicorn and she takes it and smiles before running over to Alison to show her.
I look over to Alison who took the unicorn from Courtney's hands and threw it.
-APOLOGIZE TO HER, SHE'S YOUR SISTER NOT ME I say giving him a little push to walk in her direction.
Alison looks up to the slightly older male and glares at him.
Alison's POV
Charles walks over and stands right in front of me, staring down in my direction.
-DO YOU THINK YOU COULD MOVE? I'M TRYING TO ENJOY THE SUN I snap a little.
I look over to Emily and she gives me a "be nice" look.
I let out a long held breath that I didn't even know I was holding in.
-WHAT DO YOU WANT? I question.
-I CAME TO APOLOGIZE, YOU WERE RIGHT HE WAS A HORRIBLE MAN FROM WHAT MY MOTHER TELLS ME AND I'M SORRY FOR NOT BELIEVING YOUR TRUTH Charles states. I'D BEAT HIM TO DEATH IF I KNEW WHERE HE WAS AND IF YOU WOULD ALLOW ME I WOULD LIKE TO GET TO KNOW MY SIBLINGS AND NIECE A LITTLE BETTER he adds.
I look down and fidget with my ring a little.
I should smack the living hell out of him and then accept his apology.
-HE'S DEAD I state. "AND SURE I'D LIKE THAT BUT I NEED TO APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT I SAID TO YOU FIRST." I WAS WRONG I add.
Charles brings me in for a hug.
I stand there for a while before lifting my arms to hug him back.
-THANK YOU Charles says walking away.
Emily gives me another look and I sigh in defeat.
-CHARLES I call out.
He then turns back around to look at me.
-STAY FOR A WHILE I suggest.
Charles smiles before returning to the picnic.
The rest of the night went well until Park Rangers told us that we had to go.
___________________________
-YOU SO OWE ME I say to Emily as she hands Courtney's sleep away bag to Jason.
He's taking her to Mickey's Land tomorrow so she's staying at his apartment.
We both kiss Courtney goodnight before everyone gets into their cars to go home.
Just as Emily was about to enter our car I grab her hand.
-FOLLOW ME I say closing the car door and pulling her with me.
After a couple of minutes of walking further into the woods Emily speaks up.
-I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHERE WE'RE GOING she says.
-THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A SURPRISE I chuckle out.
As the night grows darker, crickets chirp and owls hoot I walk hand and hand with my wife.
-YOU KNOW, I'M PROUD OF YOU Emily states.
-FOR WHAT, EM? I question.
Emily stops walking and turns to me.
-EARLIER she says. I WAS SCARED YOU WERE GONNA TEAR CHARLES' HEAD OFF Emily giggles.
-I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA START TROUBLE AGAIN I say now giggling myself. BESIDES I THINK COURTNEY SCARED HIM MORE THAN I DID I add.
-YEAH YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT she says now laughing.
I gently tug on Emily's hand again until we reach our destination.
-I HAD A DREAM OF US BEING HERE I say as we approach the kissing rock.
Emily audibly gasps as she is taken aback by all of the kerosene lamps, fruits and pillows on the ground.
-OH MY GOD, IT'S BEAUTIFUL Emily breathlessly states.
I sit down on the blanket and pillows before reaching for her hand.
-LETS MAKE THE MOST OF IT I say as Emily sits in front of me.
I go into my purse and take out a huge red marker.
-WHAT'S THAT FOR? Emily asks.
I smile at her as I crawl over to the rock.
-WOW IT'S STILL HERE Emily says rubbing her hand over the EF + AD surrounded by a heart.
I take off the marker cap and write Married 07/10/2015 right below our initials.
Emily then takes the marker from my hand and throws it before pulling me into a loving kiss.
Once done we lie down underneath the blankets eating fruits and cuddling while watching the moon and stars.
As we lay there I start to think back to how I treated Emily as a teen.
-EM? I question breaking the comfortable silence.
-YES ALI? Emily asks.
I shift my body, turning to look her in the eyes and she does the same.
-I'M SORRY I whisper as Emily removes strands of hair from my face.
Emily then sits up to look down at me.
-FOR WHAT? she questions me.
I sit up as well and take her hands in mine.
-ANYTHING I'VE EVER DONE WRONG TO YOU WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER I start. I KNOW THAT WE'RE OLDER AND MARRIED NOW AND THAT WAS YEARS AGO BUT I WAS SO RUDE TO YOU AND ALL YOU WERE TRYING TO DO WAS LOVE ME I say now tearing up. I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU EVER SINCE I MET YOU, I WAS JUST AFRAID OF SHOWING IT. I DIDN'T WANNA BE LABELED AS THAT BI GIRL ALISON DILAURENTIS. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I REGRET HURTING YOU, IF I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN THINGS WOULD BE SO DIFFERENT.
Emily uses her thumbs to wipe my tears.
-ALI YOU DON'T HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING Emily says. I KNEW YOU LOVED ME she adds.
-HOW IF I TREATED YOU SO BADLY? I ask.
Emily shrugs and smiles.
-THE WAY YOU TOUCHED ME, THE WAY YOU LOOKED AT ME I KNEW YOU FELL FOR ME AS HARD AS I FELL FOR YOU she says smiling.
I cup Emily's face with my hands before kissing her ever so gently.
-I LOVE YOU I whisper.
Emily genuinely smiles into the kiss before responding.
-I LOVE YOU TOO ALISON Emily says. AND I WOULDN'T RATHER ANYONE ELSE PUSH ME OUT OF A MOVING CAR she adds before kissing me again.
We end up making love to each other for a while before packing up everything and going back home.

Ooh you guys I think I have the best idea for the next chapter 😏
-D