CAN YOU HOLD ME

5 WEEKS LATER
Spencer's POV
-JUST HURRY I say to my friends over the phone while getting agitated with my moms constant demands.
All of the girls including Toby and Caleb are coming over to help me clean out the barn in my backyard.
My parents wanna turn it into a guest house for some apparent reason.
__________________________
-SPENCE WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO WITH THIS BOX? Emily questions carrying a huge box of old books from the corner.
-JUST SIT IT OVER HERE, I'LL GO THROUGH IT I respond.
Emily places the box down in front of me and I begin to go through it.
While going through the box I notice a glossy black unfamiliar book.
Property of: Melissa Hastings it reads inside of the front cover.
I turn the page to discover a bunch of pictures of Melissa in high school.
-GUYS LOOK AT THIS I exclaim waving them all over.
Toby comes over first and chuckles at the photo.
-AT LEAST HER PICTURE LOOKS BETTER THAN MINE, I HAD MAGNIFYING LENS FOR GLASSES FRESHMAN YEAR I say through loud laughs.
-BUT YOU LOOKED VERY SEXY WITH YOUR MAGNIFYING LENS Toby states before kissing me earning a small repulsed look from Aria.
Once we pull away from each other and I turn to Aria she looks away as if she wasn't looking in the first place.
Alison then snatches the book to take pictures of high school Melissa with her phone.
-N.A.T CLUB she reads aloud. WHAT DOES N.A.T STAND FOR ANYWAY? NEED A THERAPIST Alison teases.
Alison and Melissa has a sort of rocky relationship.
Ever since Alison moved here she and Melissa would get into it every time the girls came over.
I'm not sure why though.
Everyone shares a laugh at Alison's joke about Melissa before going through boxes again.
After emptying most of the books from the box into the trash I find an old water damaged notebook.
A notebook of Melissa's as well.
Before throwing it out a envelope falls from the pocket of the notebook.
There's hardly any water damage.
I open the envelope and begin to read the forms inside to myself.
RADLEY SANITARIUM
Certificate Of Live Birth
Child: Spencer Hastings
Father: Peter Hastings
Mother: Mary Drake
I reread the form twice before placing it down.
I must have been staring into space or something because Aria begins to wave her hand in my face.
-SPENCER, WHAT IS IT? I hear her question.
Who the hell is Mary Drake?
Is this some type of sick joke Melissa was gonna try and play on me?
Isn't Alison's mothers maiden name Jessica Drake?
As I all these questions run through my mind Melissa walks into the barn.
-SPEED IT UP LOSERS MOM WANTS THIS DONE BY TONIGHT she states as Hanna flips her off.
-YOU KNEW I mumble walking towards my sister.
-KNEW WHAT? Melissa asks while laughing.
-THIS! I shout raising the forms to her eye level. SO MOM'S NOT MY MOM? I ask now crying.
Everyone shares a look in confusion before Toby speaks up.
-SPENCE CALM DOWN JUST TELL US WHA...
-DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! I yell. ALI WHAT IS YOUR MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME? I ask the shorter blonde.
Emily turns to look at Alison more confused than before.
-UM DRAKE WHY? Alison asks.
I shake my head and place a hand over my mouth before storming by my "sister".
-SPENCE WAIT! Toby calls out.
I ignore his calling and run into my room, falling down in front of my door now crying uncontrollably.
Aria's POV
-WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Mr. Hastings questions Melissa.
-I DIDN'T MEAN FOR HER TO FIND OUT Melissa claims now crying herself.
-SO WAIT A MINUTE MY AUNT MARY IS SPENCER'S MOM? Alison asks.
I run out of the barn and head up to Spencer's room only to find that her door is locked.
The girls come running up the stairs behind me.
-SPENCER OPEN UP PLEASE I plead out.
No response. Just loud sobs.
-MOVE OUT THE WAY Alison says taking her credit card to slide it down the side of the door before pushing it open.
-EM YOUR WIFE IS A CRIMINAL Hanna awkwardly states.
-NOT THE TIME HAN Emily states walking into the room behind Alison.
Soon we're all in her room trying to get her to respond to us.
Nothing.
-GO AWAY Spencer finally says in a glum tone.
We all stand in front of our best friend as she lies on the floor.
-LOOK SPENCER WE DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW BUT YOU CANNOT SHUT US OUT OKAY? Emily questions. WE ALL GO THROUGH SOME HARD TIMES BUT WHAT MAKES IT OK IS THAT WE STICK TOGETHER. WE'RE HERE FOR YOU Emily adds.
-YEAH SPENCE WE'LL ALWAYS BE HERE I say running my hand up and down her back to soothe her cries.
Spencer sits up to look at us with crimson bloodshot eyes.
-I SAID GET OUT! Spencer shouts.
The others give Spencer a sympathetic nod before leaving out.
-NO! NO I'M NOT GONNA GET OUT I say to her.
I honestly can't take seeing her like this. She is my best friend and I love her with all my heart. Maybe even more than just a friend.
-I CAN'T HELP YOU IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED ME TO DO I state. LET ME HELP YOU GET THROUGH THIS.
Spencer squeezes her eyes shut letting out more tears before wrapping her arms around me.
I'm a little taken aback by her actions at first. I don't want to scare her away if she finds out about my feelings for her. I just need to be here for her right this moment.
-CAN YOU HOLD ME? JUST HUG ME Spencer says through slobbery sobs.
I bring my arms up and wrap them around her.
-FINE, I'M NOT LEAVING YOUR SIDE OKAY? I ask.
Spencer slowly nods her head before speaking again.
-THEY LIED TO ME, THEY ALL LIED TO ME she cries out.
-YOU DON'T HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IT NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT BUT WHEN YOU'RE READY I'LL BE HERE  I say. WE'LL ALL BE RIGHT HERE.
Just then Toby walks into the room.
I release my grip from her and get up to give them some alone time.
-NO, PLEASE STAY Spencer whimpers as her soft hand grabs a hold of mine.
I nod my head and sit down before letting Toby hold her.
That should be me. I should be the one consoling her, not Toby.
Emily's POV
The girls and I decided to give Spencer some time to think things through so we all went home.
I slowly stroke Alison's golden locks as she lies on top of me in silence.
-WE HAVE TO GO GET COURTNEY Alison sighs out trying to get up.
-NO SHE'S FINE, SHE'S WITH MY DAD I state. HOW ARE YOU FEELING ABOUT ALL OF THIS? I ask as I place a tender kiss on the top of her head.
Alison just shakes her head.
-I'M FINE WITH FINDING OUT THAT SPENCER IS MY COUSIN AND ALL BUT GOSH SHE MUST BE DEVASTATED, FINDING OUT SHE WAS ADOPTED LIKE THAT she mumbles into my chest.
-YEAH I KNOW, BUT WE ALL HAVE TO GIVE HER TIME TO PROCESS THIS. SHE WILL ONLY TALK WHEN SHE'S READY I respond.
Alison lets out a quick sigh before answering back.
-YEAH I GUESS YOU'RE RIGHT she says before closing her eyes, falling asleep on my chest.

This is a kind of bummer but Sparia is slowly rising.
-D