MECHELLE

2 WEEKS LATER
No Ones POV
Today is Parents day at Rosewood Day Elementary school.
Parents day is the same thing as "Bring your child to work day" just the other way around and they'll be at school instead of work.
-OK CLASS TODAY YOUR PARENTS WILL BE COMING TO SIT IN SO LET'S SHOW THEM HOW SPECTACULAR YOU GUYS ARE Mrs. Franklin exclaims.
The class gets quite as the teacher assigns them a small project.
She wants them to use some craft sticks and buttons to make out their emotions today.
As Courtney glues together her smiley face Mrs. Franklin walks over to her.
-AWESOME SMILEY FACE COURTNEY she says. MAY I ASK WHY YOU CHOSE THIS EMOTION?
-BECAUSE MY MOMMY IS COMING Courtney quips smiling at the thought of her mommy (Emily) coming to school.
-GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP the teacher says walking away.
While working Courtney then feels a tug on one of her braids.
-OUCH Courtney says turning around to see Mechelle with a devilish grin on his face. STOP Courtney adds.
She goes back to working on her project but feels the same tug on her hair, only harder this time.
-MECHELLE STOP Courtney whines.
-SHUT UP the little boy says pulling her hair again.
-YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF Courtney says moving her desk away from the boy.
Mechelle then moves closer so he can be right behind her.
-DID YOUR MOMMIES TELL YOU THAT? Mechelle teases.
-YES Courtney quietly snaps so the teacher won't hear her.
After moving up some more Mechelle follows her again.
He now scoots closer lifting up his hand to touch Courtney's hair.
Checking to see that Mrs. Franklin isn't looking he yanks her hair harder causing her head to hit the desk.
Courtney then turns around and punches him across the face.
Once he hits the floor along with his chair she stands up and kicks him before climbing on top of him and pulling his hair while punching his stomach.
Mrs. Franklin scurries over and pulls Courtney off of him.
Unfortunately she was helping other students with their projects so she didn't see what Mechelle was doing to Courtney.
-COURTNEY GO SIT IN TIME OUT Mrs. Franklin sternly says.
-BUT I DIDN...
-NOW the teacher says again.
Courtney slumps her shoulders down and slowly trails over to the time out corner while crying.
Quickly turning her head back, Mechelle sticks out his tongue and gives her the forbidden finger.
Emily's POV
In the car Alison calls me to let me know that she's gonna be a little late to Courtney's school, she has to pick up something for Hanna.
I left Corey and Dylan with Jessica and Jim (her boyfriend) this morning so Ali and I could go to our classes and then over to Rosewood Day elementary for Courtney.
Now walking into the building and towards the classroom I look through the window to surprise Courtney but I don't see her.
I walk in the class and spot Courtney sitting in the time out corner looking like she's been crying.
-MS. FIELDS GOOD AFTERNOON COME IN SIT DOW....
-WHY IS COURTNEY IN TIME OUT? I ask cutting her off.
-WE HAD A LITTLE INCIDENT EARLIER BUT SHE'S ABLE TO LEAVE THE CORNER IN ONE MINUTE the woman says.
Courtney is facing the wall so she hasn't seen me yet.
I sit down in the back of the class along with the other parents and wait for my daughter to release from time out.
No more than a minute later I see Mrs. Franklin talking to Courtney and she nods her head before getting up.
When she walks over to her seat she takes a quick look at the back of the room before spotting me.
-MOMMY! Courtney yells running back to me.
-HEY BUG I say while fixing her two braids.
Courtney sits on my lap and lays her head on my shoulder.
-WHERE'S MAMA? She questions while playing with the buttons on my shirt.
-SHE'S ON HER WAY I say to her. WHY WERE YOU IN TIME OUT? I ask.
-BECAUSE I HIT SOMEONE Courtney shamefully admits, playing with her thumbs.
Playing with her thumbs while nervous or expressing her feelings is something she inherited from Alison.
It's cute but I want her to not be afraid to look someone in the eyes when she's talking to them.
As soon as she says that a ginger little boy walks into the room followed by two ginger adults.
The boys eye is bruised and he has tissue on his bloody nose.
Right away I know that Courtney is responsible for that.
-IS THAT MECHELLE? I ask her.
Courtney simply nods her head and continues to toy with her thumbs.
-HEY LOOK AT ME I whisper lifting her head up. YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED, I WON'T BE MAD I state, telling the truth.
I know that there's a reason behind her beating him, Courtney never willingly hits anyone she's too sweet and everyone loves her.
Courtney sits there telling me about the boy bullying her for weeks and the incident that happened today.
-YOU NEED TO TAME YOUR CHILD A woman spits out walking over towards me cutting my daughter off.
-EXCUSE ME? I ask in a tone.
-YOUR CHILD DID THIS TO MY SON'S FACE she says.
I fix my mouth to say something back but before I can even get a word out the teacher tells the parents to listen while the kids present their projects.
Courtney is first to go up and explain why she chose a happy face.
While listening to my daughter I see Mechelle from the corner of my eye smiling at Courtney.
-DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON MY DAUGHTER? I whisper in his ear scaring the living shit out of him.
He looks scared and ignores my question.
I'll take that as a yes.
That explains it, why he's been picking with Courtney nonstop.
Suddenly he turns back around to me and whispers yes.
-SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU BUT MAYBE IF YOU TRIED BEING NICE TO HER SHE'LL BE YOUR FRIEND I whisper back.
Alison soon shows up right in time for the parents to talk to each other about the PTA.
-MAMA! LOOK Courtney excitedly squeals showing Alison her craft project from earlier.
Alison and I talk to Courtney for a while and I inform her on what happened today and we get up to approach the other parents.
After talking about which parents will chaperone the field trip next week Mechelle's mom walks up to us again.
-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TEACH HER HOW TO KEEP HER HANDS TO HERSELF she says in a snotty tone.
-AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TEACH YOUR SON THAT IF HE HAS A CRUSH ON SOMEONE HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BULLY THEM AND HE'S DEFINITELY NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT HIS HANDS ON A GIRL I snap back.
As Mechelle's mother rants on about mechelle being a good boy Alison steps in.
-WHATEVER LADY, ALL I KNOW IS IF HE Alison says pointing to Mechelle. PUTS HIS HANDS ON HER (pointing to Courtney) EVER AGAIN YOU'LL REGRET NOT TEACHING HIM WHATS WRONG AND WHATS RIGHT, LET'S GO Alison says to Courtney and I while rolling her eyes at the boys mother.
-BEFORE YOU PUT SOMEONE IN THE CORNER FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED FIRST I mutter to the teacher before opening the door and following my wife and daughter.
This has to be one of the worst kindergarten class ever.
After leaving the school we take Courtney to get ice cream and then to build a bear workshop to cheer her up.
Once we got done talking to her about Mechelle and the importance of telling us or a teacher if someone is messing with her she insists that we go to the park.
-YOU HANDLED THAT VERY WELL TODAY I say to Alison while eating my chocolate vanilla swirl.
-REALLY? I WAS TRYING TO RESTRAIN MYSELF FROM GOING ALL QUEEN BEE ON HER ASS Alison giggles taking some of my ice cream.
-EAT YOURS I say making her laugh. I ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED ANY AND YOU SAID NO AND GOT THAT I say pointing to her strawberry frozen yogurt.
-I DON'T Alison quips. I'LL STILL TAKE SOME OF YOURS THOUGH she admits taking another spoonful.
I use my other arm to playfully push her hand away as she reaches again.
-IT'S MINE I whine.
-YOU'RE MINE Ali says dropping her frozen yogurt and cupping my face to kiss me.
I kiss back tasting the mix of our ice cream on her lips.
-WHAT WAS THAT FOR? I ask while blushing.
-YOU HAD ICE CREAM ON YOUR LIPS, I GOT IT OFF FOR YOU she says.
-SMOOTH DILAURENTIS... SMOOTH I laugh turning back around to watch Courtney play on the sliding board.
We soon head back to the car packing a sleeping Courtney in my arms.
I put her seatbelt on and we drive to the grocery store to get dinner before picking up the twins and heading back home.

So Mechelle has a crush on Courtney, which is why he's been picking on her.
Ok NOW I'm gonna do the time jump.
I have plans for you guys 😏
Enjoy 😊
-D