DIVORCE

2 WEEKS LATER
Emily's POV
-WHAT DID YOU CALL US OVER HERE FOR? Aria questions us.
-YEAH I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK AN HOUR AGO Hanna states. CLAUDIA'S GONNA KILL ME IF I DON'T GET FITSY HIS STARBUCKS she adds.
Spencer nits her eyebrows together before turning to look at her.
-WHO'S FITSY? our taller brunette friend asks.
-FITSY IS CLAUDIA'S CHIHUAHUA THAT EATS WHIPPED CREAM FROM STARBUCKS Hanna says rolling her eyes.
-OKAY BACK TO THE POINT CeCe quips. ALI WHY ARE YOU SO QUIET? she questions.
Alison plays with her fingers while staying quiet.
-THAT'S WHY WE CALLED YOU OVER I say. ALISON AND I HAVE DECIDED THAT ITS BEST TO GET A DIVORCE I disappointingly state.
-YOU DECIDED Alison snaps. NOT ME.
Last week Alison and I had a stay in Date Night to rekindle our relationship, but it didn't turn out so well.
~Flashback~
While sitting on the couch watching Old Patrick Dempsey movies I notice that Alison is dozing off.
I turn off the tv and place covers over her, lying down beside her on the comfy couch with my arm around her.
-WHY'D YOU TURN IT OFF? Alison questions me, sitting up as if she wasn't asleep.
-BECAUSE YOU'RE TIRED I say showing her the picture I just snapped of her sleeping.

She laughs while completely sitting up.
-I AM TIRED she states. ACTUALLY IM EXHAUSTED Ali says stifling a laugh.
-I BET YOU CANT WAIT UNTIL ITS ALL OVER WITH I laugh back.
My wife's laughs come to an abrupt stop as she looks down toying with her thumbs.
-ACTUALLY, EM Alison says clearing her throat. IM NOT TERMINATING THE PREGNANCY she nervously says glancing at me from the corner of her eye.
I turn my head in her direction within a matter of seconds.
From my throat going dry and not being sure of what to say, I get up and walk into the kitchen.
Alison walks in as well and makes herself a late night snack.
Now that my voice is back, I can talk.
-SO YOU JUST MADE THIS DECISION WITHOUT ME? I lowly ask, hoping my words don't come out as a sob.
She places her sandwich down and comes around the island.
Now standing directly in front of me she takes my hands in hers.
-ITS NOT REALLY YOUR DECISION BABE Alison says.
I quickly scowl at her before taking my hands back.
-ALISON WE'RE MARRIED! I yell at her.
Remembering what Courtney said I lower my voice trying to stay calm.
-IN A MARRIAGE WE'RE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THESE THINGS AND DECIDE ON THEM TOGETHER I add to what I just said before.
-I UNDERSTAND THAT EM BUT ITS MY BABY AND MY BODY she states as if I didn't know already. SO ITS MY DECISION AND I DECIDED NOT TO TERMINATE IT.
Standing my ground but feeling like crawling into a corner to cry I say something I may regret.
-THEN I GUESS YOU DON'T NEED TO BE MARRIED I cry staring at the ground.
-WHAT? Alison questions through a cracked voice.
Not answering her question I turn around to head into the downstairs guest room.
-EM, I CANT DO THAT AGAIN Alison says referring to an abortion. THE LAST TIME I DID THAT WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND IT WAS THE MOST HORRIFIC FEELING IN THE WORLD she cries. I JUST CANT Alison finishes.
-WHATEVER ALI I mumble shutting the door.
~End Of Flashback~
-WHY? Aria Cries as Spencer consoles her.
-WE'VE JUST GROW..
-BECAUSE EM WANTS ME TO GET AN ABORTION Alison spits, cutting me off.
-YOU WANT HER TO GET A WHAT? Hanna shouts.
-I DIDN'T WANT HER TO GET AN ABORTION I state. ITS JUST.. SHE MADE THE DECISION WITHOUT EVEN TALKING TO ME.
-AND I TOLD YOU THAT I NEVER WANNA DO THAT AGAIN Alison says. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE IT WASN'T YOU. YOU WEREN'T THE ONE THAT HAD TO FEEL THAT. IF YOU WERE THAN YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY I CANT DO THAT AGAIN, IT WAS HORRIF...
-HORRIFYING, I KNOW I state rolling my eyes at her.
-YOU'RE HONESTLY ACTING WORSE THAN OUR SEVEN YEAR OLD RIGHT NOW Alison snaps.
-WELL AT LEAST OUR SEVEN YEAR OLD KNOWS HOW TO COMMUNICATE ABOUT SHIT I snap back.
-SHU...
-ALRIGHT THIS CLEARLY ISN'T GETTING ANYWHERE Spencer states cutting our argument short.
we all sit in silence not sure of what to say.
Minutes later we hear sniffles coming from Aria.
-ARIA WHY ARE YOU CRYING? Hanna asks. YOU SHOULD'VE KNOWN IT WAS COMING, WE ALL DID.
-YOU GUYS ARE MY INSPIRATION Aria cries. WHAT HAPPENS TO SPENCER AND I IF YOU TWO AREN'T TOGETHER TO HELP US?
-WE'LL STILL HELP AR I state. RIGHT ALI?
Alison glares at me before rolling her eyes with a scoff and walking away.
CeCe gets up and follows her while the rest of us form a group hug around Aria.
__________
3 HOURS LATER
Alison's POV
Looking down at my daughter, I see her shivering as we walk through the freezer aisle in the supermarket.
-MAMA CAN WE MAKE RICE KRISPY TREATS? Courtney questions through chittering teeth.
-SURE BABY, DID YOU TAKE YOUR GUMMIES TODAY? I ask her.
Courtney shakes her head no while still shivering.
Her eyes begin to look a little puffy and low so I take my hoodie off placing it on her.
I check in my purse for her gummies but she needs a refill.
-C'MON LETS GO SEE IF MOMMY HAS SOME I say to her.
As we walk over to Emily with the twins, Courtney runs over to her.
My body comes to a sudden stop when I see Emily talking to someone.
I move a little closer to hear what they're saying.
-THEY ARE SO CUTE Maya says. AND OH MY GOSH SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ALISON FROM HIGH SCHOOL she adds.
Emily laughs and thanks her.
-WELL SHE IS THEIR MOTHER Emily says.
Maya bends down to Courtney's height and extend her hand.
-HI CUTIE Maya says trying to shake her hand.
Courtney stares at her hand before letting go of Emily's and walking away.
-SORRY ABOUT THAT I overhear Emily say. SHE'S KINDA HAVING A HARD TIME RIGHT NOW.
-ITS FINE I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND, IM A GUIDANCE COUNSELOR. WHY IS SHE HAVING A HARD TIME? Maya questions.
This bitch asks too many questions. I think to myself.
I roll my eyes and continue to listen while keeping a close eye on Courtney, Corey and Dylan running around.
-SEPARATION Emily quips. SHE MAY ONLY BE SEVEN BUT BELIEVE ME SHE TOTALLY UNDERSTANDS IT ALL AND SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT AT ALL.
-THAT'S SO HORRIBLE Maya says trying to put on a sad voice. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU AND ALISON WERE MARRIED she states.
Having enough of her fake bullshit I step out from behind the shelves and walk over to them.
-STILL MARRIED I confess.
-OH ALISON, HEY! Maya exclaims.
-HI I mutter. EM, LETS GO WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED I tell her.
-OH OK YEAH Emily says. GREAT SEEING YOU MAYA she adds.
-YEAH SAME TO YOU GUYS, AND IF YOU EVER NEED ANYTHING WITH COURTN...
-LIKE I SAID WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED I state again, smiling at her.
Maya nods her head and turns to walk away.
As we're walking out of the store after paying for our items, Courtney looks up to me and smiles while grabbing my hand.
I smile back down at her and continue to walk to the car.
Now back home we take the groceries inside and begin to unpack them.
-ME HUNGGY Corey says rubbing her eyes.
I smile at my youngest daughter and pick her up sitting her on the counter.
-UP! Dylan screams reaching his arms up to Emily.
She laughs at his enthusiasm and places him up there too.
-WHY DON'T YOU GUYS HELP COCO MAKE THE RICE KRISPY TREATS WHILE MOMMY AND I MAKE LUNCH I say to my almost two year olds.
It's so crazy how fast time moves.
They'll be two years old in another month.
-WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT? Emily questions staring at me.
-WHAT WAS WHAT ABOUT? I ask with a smirk on my face.
Emily stops dicing the carrots and places the knife down turning to look at me.
-WE WERE JUST TALKING ALI Emily says to me.
-SO WHY BRING UP THE SEPARATION? I ask in a angered tone.
-I.. I DON'T KNOW. SHE ASKED Emily shrugs.
-WHATEVER I mumble. JUST LEA..
-LEAVE YOU ALONE? Emily questions finishing my sentence.  AFTER ALL OF THIS TIME YOU'RE STILL TELLING ME TO LEAVE YOU ALONE?
-YEAH EMILY I AM! I snap letting my mood swings get the best of me.
I glance at the kids and they're all staring at us with scared faces.
I inhale and exhale trying to calm down.
-COME ON BABIES LETS MAKE THOSE RICE KRISPY TREATS I exclaim to my kids grabbing the ingredients.
Courtney stares between the both of us before frowning and walking over to the table to help.
Once we're done, we eat lunch and take the kids out to the park to play for a while with Isabella (haleb's daughter 6yrs) and Rosie.
-IM SORRY Emily apologizes. YOU'RE RIGHT I SHOULD HAVE NEVER BROUGHT IT UP.
-AND IM SORRY FOR NOT PUTTING YOU IN ON THE DECISION I tell her. IT WAS SELFISH OF ME TO DO THAT.
Silence grows between us as the birds chirp in the park.
-JUST Emily starts. JUST PROMISE THAT WHATEVER HAPPENS WE STAY FRIENDS she whispers. I DON'T WANNA FIGHT ANYMORE.
Having mutual feelings towards the situation I say the first and only thing that comes to mind.
-I PROMISE I say intertwining our fingers. AFTER ALL WE WERE FRIENDS BEFORE WE STARTED ALL OF THIS.
Emily smiles and gently rubs her thumb in circles on the back of my hand making me feel comfortable.
We'll always be friends.
Right? I mentally ask myself.

Will they always be friends?
Maybe, maybe not 😏
You'll love the next chapter 😊
I'm updating my other story later tonight.
Enjoy 😊
-D