BIRTHDAY BLUES

*I skipped Alison's birthday*
1 MONTH LATER
Alison's POV
-WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE? I ask my daughter when I walk into the kitchen to get the ice cream scooper.
-IM BORED Courtney glumly says playing with her dolls hair.
I furrow my brows and Place the scooper down before sitting down in front of her.
-ITS YOUR SEVENTH BIRTHDAY I say. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE BORED, ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS ARE OUT THERE I add.
She continues to play with her doll while not saying anything.
-DO YOU WANT ICE CREAM AND CAKE? I ask trying to cheer her up.
Courtney shakes her head no and looks up to me.
-DID MOMMY LEAVE BECAUSE OF ME? Courtney sadly questions.
-NO I quickly answer. NO BABY GIRL MOMMY LOVES YOU AND YOUR BROTHER AND SISTER SHE WOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU GUYS I state. IT WAS MY FAULT, NOT YOURS BUT IM GONNA FIX IT OK? I ask her. I AM FIXING IT.
Emily's been staying at a hotel nearby so she can still see the kids.
We told Courtney that she left for a swim meet, but I'm guessing she heard us fighting that night.
-IS MOMMY GONNA MISS MY BIRTHDAY? she asks staring at me like a lost puppy.
-OF COURSE NOT I say hugging her and kissing her head. SHE'LL BE HERE SOON I say lying.
Truth is I've called Emily a thousand times but got no answer.
I highly doubt she would miss our daughters birthday though.
As Courtney hugs me back the side door to the kitchen opens and in walks Emily.
-MOMMY! Courtney excitedly yells running over to hug her.
-HEY Emily groans out picking her up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY she says as Courtney wraps her arms around her neck hugging her tightly.
Emily looks to me and her smile falters a bit.
-HEY she says to me.
-HEY I say back.
Courtney gets down from Emily's arms and looks up at her with the biggest smile.
-WHAT'D YOU GET ME? she asks.
Emily pulls out a birthday bag showing Courtney and she tries to grab it.
-I CANT SHOW YOU YET CRAZY KID Emily says laughing at her while snatching the bag back some.
Suddenly the door opens again and the twins come running in.
-MOMMY
-MOMMY
Both Corey and Dylan squeal running to her.
I take that as my cue to get up and walk away to take the ice cream cups outside.
While doing that I begin to feel sick again.
I place the cups down on the table in the backyard and hurry back into the house going straight to the bathroom.
I lift up the toilet seat and kneel in front of it throwing up today's breakfast.
After Emily left the night of our fight I went back to school and checked the cameras in my classroom.
Brian lied and told me that he wore a condom but the footage shows him pretending to put it on and then shoving it in his pocket.
I haven't decided if I'm gonna tell Brian yet and I haven't decided what to do yet, so I'm still pregnant.
I flush the toilet and go over to the sink to brush my teeth.
Turning off the sink and looking up into the mirror I see Emily leaning in the doorway staring at me.
-YOU OK? she asks.
I sniffle, dry my face and shake my head no before turning around.
-WE NEED TO TALK Emily quips staring at me still.
The disappointment in her eyes makes me feel sick again so I hold my finger up and turn back around to the toilet.
Emily's POV
Watching Alison's morning sickness with someone else's child makes me so angry but watching her cry makes me remember that she's still my wife.
I walk up behind her and pull her hair up from her face and gently rub her back.
-THANKS she whimpers still puking.
I sit down on the floor and open my arms for her to come to me.
Alison crawls over into my arms and lies her head on my shoulder.
We sit there for a while in case she begins to get sick again.
-ARE YOU OK TO STAND UP? I question.
-YEAH she quietly answers.
-C'MON I say putting my hand out to help her up.
Once we're standing I lead her into what was our bedroom to sit down.
-SO IM GONNA BE AT THE HOTEL FOR A WHILE BUT I'LL LEAVE THE ROOM NUMBER AND THE PHONE NUMBER AND EVERYTHING WITH YOU I state and she nods her head. IM LEAVING YOU THE HOUSE OF COURSE AND ALL OF THE MONEY I GOT FROM REGIONALS SO YOU AND THE KIDS WILL BE SET I add.
-EM, YOU DON'T HAV...
-I WANT TO I state cutting her off.
Alison begins to cry again only making me catch her tears with my thumbs.
-WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITHOUT YOU? she asks.
-YOU'LL BE FINE I assure her. AND I'LL STILL BE AROUND, YOU'RE STUCK WITH ME FOR LIFE WE JUST WONT BE TOGETHER I glumly say the last five words.
Alison's bottom lip starts to quiver and her eyes go all glossy, resembling Courtney and Corey's crying faces.
-COME HERE I whisper pulling her into a hug.

-EMILY IM SO...
-YOU'RE SORRY, I KNOW I say beating her to the punch. LETS GO PRETEND WE'RE A HAPPY COUPLE I say making her chuckle.
We still haven't told anyone about our breaking up and me staying at a hotel.
We go downstairs and walk out to the backyard.
-WHOSE READY TO SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY? My mom exclaims bringing out Courtney's cake.
After singing happy birthday and cutting everyone a slice I pick up Dylan and he palms my slice smearing it all over my face giggling at me.
-MOMMY CLOWN Corey giggles pointing at me.
Alison and Courtney laugh as well and I turn to them with a sinister smile.
-OH YOU THINK ITS FUNNY? I ask smearing some on both of their faces.
Everyone laughs at us while Aria comes over with the camera.
-EVERYBODY SMILE Aria says capturing the fun family moment.
Once the party is over I help Ali clean up and put the kids to sleep.
-I SHOULD GET GOING I say pointing towards the door.
-OKAY Alison says coming over to hug me. I LOVE YOU she adds.
-LOVE YOU TOO I say pulling away and grabbing my things leaving out the door.
No Ones POV
Emily goes out to her car and puts the key in the ignition.
Once the car starts up she sits back and covers her face staring to cry.
Alison on the other hand sits in front of the door with her knees bawled up, crying into her arms.
Though Courtney was supposed to be sleeping she sits at the top of the stairs seeing one of her moms cry at the door while the other cries in the car.
She stands up and walks back upstairs to her room crying in her bed.

Simple but sad chapter.
Let me know what you think 🤔
Enjoy 😊
-D