Grown Ups & Little Girl Crushes

Camila's PoV

"Lauren..." I looked at her. She looked really good with her messy hair and in a baggy jersey that covered her gorgeous, yet very skinny, body.

I needed to put some meat on her bones.

"She loves you Camila." Lauren smiled and shrugged. "I couldn't just rip her away from Lucas just like that. Not," she took a deep breath, "not after experiencing what it was like to be away from you."

I licked my lips and cleared my throat. "Is this what you want?" I asked quietly.

"I don't want to leave." Lauren confessed with a hint of a blush. "I know there's a lot I need to figure out. Job wise anyway and a place to stay."

I wanted to offer her to stay with me but I couldn't. Even if Lauren stayed in Kenora, she needed to be alone with Dylan before we made any arrangements to having them live with us.

Yes, sure, we had just done the dirty on the floor. Unexpected but very much welcomed. At the same time, there was still a lot to talk about.

Leave it to Lauren and me to allow our hormones take over.

What. You thought I was going to pass up a chance to tap that brunette beauty?

Please.

It was no mistake by any means.

Again, it was perfect.

"Do you not want me around?" Her voice filled with trepidation and fear.

"Are you insane?" I quickly answered her, not wanting her to think that at all. "Lauren, I've dreamed of this day... every day..."

"Me too." She whispered and looked at me. "I still have to quit my other job but I'm sure I can find something around here, right?"

"Christmas is just around the corner, everyone's hiring." I smiled softly and reached across to grab her hand softly. "Where are you going to stay?"

"Um," Lauren sighed and shrugged, "the hotel for now but I've seen a few places that are up for sale. I'm going to call places tomorrow and start checking them out." She looked so shy again. It was adorable.

"So you want me to keep Dylan in the meantime?" I asked carefully.

"I just figured it'd be less stressful on her. I'll probably go crazy until I can find something steady." Lauren's emerald green eyes flickered with sparks for a moment and she let out a soft smile, "but it's all worth it."

I grinned and brushed my lips over her knuckles softly, one by one. I felt like I was back in high school.

God.

It felt rather comforting.

"I'll take good care of her, I promise." I held out my pinky and she just chuckled.

"You've taken care of her for months now Camz, I know you will do a great job within the next two weeks."

We exchanged some more smiles before I glanced at the clock. 2:34pm. "Well," I sighed softly, "I think we should go take a shower and get ready. I'm usually at the school by three."

"Together?" She smiled in that way that told me she wasn't asking an innocent question.

"Separate." I squeezed her hand and smirked. "Maybe some other time you can seduce me in the shower once again," I purred and she cracked a wider grin.

"Maybe."

"You go first," I offered and stood up, eyeing up the way the jersey sat perfectly high on her thighs.