Baby Packs A Punch

Dylan's PoV

It was fun skating on Camila's homemade ice rink. Lucas and I did it often.

But since Camila and my mom were on a 'date', we were with Jaiden and her friend Eliza at a local skating rink in town.

Eliza didn't skate but she tried so that was cool.

"Come on Lize, put some more leg into it. You're taking baby steps!" Jaiden laughed and Lucas giggled.

Sometimes I felt weird not being able to like a girl. I really liked Jason. Jaiden told me a story about how much she crushed on Camila when she was about my age.

I just really liked Jason.

"Dyl!" Lucas grabbed me and whirled me around on the ice before letting go and I made a complete sharp stop before hitting the boards. We both laughed and repeated the game.

It was fun.

"Why didn't you bring your hockey stick?" I asked Jaiden when we skated over to her and Eliza, who was trying to stay up on two feet.

"Your mom called me last minute, I spazzed." She shrugged with a smile. "Did you want to go get a stick? I might have one in the back of the car."

"I'll look for it!" Lucas was the first off the ice and I continued to skate around by myself. I wandered over to the other side of the rink and paid no attention to others around me.

The snow was falling and the lights on the houses around us were bright red and green, with blue and some gold. Christmas was two days away and it felt different that year around.

Mom and I would often go to the cabin in the mountains and have our own little dinner. She didn't have any friends when I thought about it. She kept up an appearance with my school and after school activities, but she never had any friends.

Yet she always seemed happy.

Not as happy as she was when she was with Camila.

Camila was the best. She took me in, treated me like I was her own daughter and then she fell back in love with my mom.

Maybe I'd never really had a perfect Christmas before.

Maybe Christmas was going to be better this time.

I was thrown out of my thoughts when I felt something hard hit the back of my thigh and turned around expecting to find Lucas chucking snowballs at me.

But it wasn't her.

Olivia Olsen. She was on another hockey team that lost every time we played them.

I hated her.

She was mean.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to skate past her.

"Where's your little girlfriend?" Olivia's dark eyes gleamed at me and I scowled.

"Go away." I tried again and she pushed me back slightly.

"I asked you a question, twerp." Olivia started to circle me and I tried to skate past her but I was tripped by her foot.

"Hey!" I heard a sharp shrill and then saw Lucas skating towards us with a hockey stick in hand. Jaiden and Eliza were right behind her. "Back off, Olsen."

"Ou, girlfriend to the rescue." Olivia was Lucas' age only slightly bigger.

And by bigger, I mean slightly uh, fatter.

"Shut up moron, she's my sister!" Lucas threw her hockey stick down and went to shove the other girl, but Jaiden grabbed her arm. "Let go, Jai."

"Aww, if it isn't the other lesbos to the rescue." Olivia laughed wildly. "And how can she be your sister? Two women can't make a baby."