Morning Coffee

Camila's PoV

Practice was over two hours later and I was feeling more wide awake. I knew that a nice hot shower would relieve me of my stiff muscles. I didn't stretch as much as usual and it was showing, or rather, I was feeling it. I got off the ice and started to walk towards the locker room when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and there she was. Wide awake with two coffees sitting beside her. She was leaning over the rail with a smile that melted me once again. "Lauren!" I grinned and took off my helmet, my brunette hair sticking to the back of my neck. All of a sudden I felt self-conscious and bit my lip. "What are you doing up? It's barely sunrise!"

Lauren snickered and made her way down to me. I was taller than her even more now that I had my skates on. "I figured you could use a little caffeine seeing as you actually drag your ass here this early in the morning." She grinned and tipped the coffee tray towards me. Even though I had to go change, I managed to take my gloves off and take a sip of the hot liquid which warmed my insides as her smile did as well.

"Technically I've been up since 4:30am so I've been up for almost three hours now." I carefully placed the cup back in the tray and adjusted my helmet under my arm. She stood there quiet for a moment and then bit her lip in a smile.

"You're even crazier than I thought you were, Cabello." Lauren looked over my jersey and smirked. "You look really good in your gear."

"I feel like an oversized marshmallow!" I protested with a laugh. I nervously switched from foot to foot, she was definitely checking me out and I had no idea how to handle it. Hell, her next comment didn't help any.

"Lucky for you, I find marshmallows very good," she winked and snickered.

"Uh," I cleared my throat and realized she enjoyed making me squirm, "but they are so very sticky."

She just shrugged and never let her smile fade. "You should go get changed before you end up in the locker room alone . . ."

Was she. . .? Did she just . . .? Okay, I figured I'd better go get changed before this woman literally stopped me from breathing. At this rate, I wouldn't put it past her to come and see me in the locker room. Worse yet, I didn't see myself stopping her.

"Yea, um, you gonna be here?" I asked, sounding a little eager.

"I'm only here for you gorgeous," she winked and playfully swatted my overstuffed ass, "now go before the rest of your coffee gets cold or I drink it all."

I swallowed hard and laughed. Yes, she was really flirting with me. She was really really flirting. Lauren Jauregui, the cousin of my boyfriend, was flirting with me.

And I loved it.

//

I had managed to actually look decent for once in the early mornings. Maybe because I made an effort as well... not something I usually do at five thirty on a Saturday morning. Really, all I do is Coach a bunch of seventeen year olds so I had nothing to look forward too.

"Ouuu," I heard a purr in my ear and turned to face Jaiden, "looking hot Coach Cabello."

I smirked and looked down at my tight jeans and nice fitting sweater. "Thanks Jai."

She nodded and licked her lips while scoping out the arena. "Where are the girls?"

"Concession. They successfully talked me out of getting Ryn to take them this morning." I chuckled and she joined in, calling me a 'push over'. "So," I stepped aside and grabbed her arm, dragging her into the team box before the rest of the team came out, "I was watching your game the other night," she blushed and I patted her shoulder softly, "I was wondering if you'd be interested in this..."