Ready, Set, Chase

Lauren's PoV

"Eph," Chase sighed and slouched against the booth, "I just don't think we need to get Jai such an expensive gift for Christmas."

"Do you realize how cool we'd be?" Ephiny stared at her wife.

"We already are!" Chase laughed and looked at me. "Okay Lauren, let's say Dylan is a senior in high school and it's her year to graduate, with Christmas around the corner, wouldn't you rather get her a car after graduation and not Christmas?"

I blinked, trying to imagine my little girl a senior in high school. "Uh..."

"Well her eighteenth birthday is coming up..." Ephiny turned to look at me, "so you have three options."

"I got my first car on my sixteenth," I shrugged, "for Christmas I got loads of cash and on my graduation I broke up with my soulmate... so I'm not a good judge with this one."

Chase frowned. "Well that's depressing."

"I'd say leave it for graduation," I piped in a second later, "you already let her have the car whenever she wants it."

"See?" Chase raised her perfectly sculpted blonde eyebrow. "Even she agrees."

"Camila!" Ephiny heard that laughter that could be heard miles away and I swung around to find her arm and arm with Normani, the girls in front of them. I swallowed and stood up, fighting the urge to grab Camila and kiss her.

We had agreed to keep things quiet until everything was figured out. We planned on telling the girls together about my decision to stay in Kenora.

"Ladies," Camila smiled warmly and her eyes fell on mine, darkening yet shining brightly all at the same time, "sorry we're late, Lucas had an important phone call."

Dylan chuckled.

"Is that who Jaiden was talking too?" Chase quirked an eyebrow. "She's been tying up the business phone talking to a gorgeous blonde?"

Lucas' cheeks flushed and she narrowed her eyes. Man she was such a Camila.

"Lucas! Dylly!" Jaiden came out from the back.

"Hey." Lucas grinned and took the offered hand as her and Dylan disappeared behind the back counter.

"She's going to be stuffing them full of cheesecake, isn't she?" Camila eyed up the back suspiciously.

"I'm on it." Ephiny sighed and got up. "And I still think we should discuss this present thing!" She looked at her blonde wife.

"Nothing to discuss," Chase smirked, "I won. It waits until graduation."

"I love a woman who takes charge," Normani spoke up for the first time and slid into the booth beside Chase.

"Hands where I can see them Normani!" Ephiny yelled and we all laughed as she scowled.

"Why am I the only one not getting laid?" Her grey eyes lingered on mine with a slight smirk.

"Don't look at me like that." I frowned.

"Congratulations." Normani smirked even wider and ducked when Camila's hand smacked the back of her head. "What the hell, Cabello?!"

Chase and I exchanged confused looks. "Okay, clearly I missed out on what we're celebrating."

"Nothing." Camila said quickly and slid into the booth beside me. "Why isn't Chelsea here?"

"She's joining us at the game," I smiled and pushed a Dr. Pepper in front of her face, "thought you might need a pick me up."

"Pick me up?" Normani snorted. "Didn't she already have one this afternoon?"

My eyes widened and I swung my head to look at Camila. "How... what?"

"How, what what?" Chase frowned looking completely lost.

"Relax Lauren," Normani broke out with a charming smile, "I broke into the house and caught Camila downstairs with barely nothing on while you were in the shower."

Chase choked on her drink and stared at us. "You two?"

Camila licked her lips but I could tell she wanted to smile proudly. "No one knows."

"My lips are sealed," Chase hushed with a glint in her eyes. She looked happy – relieved. "Oh man, you two belong together, I'm so happy for you!"

"Yea, I totally just lost my chance with gorgeous here now." Normani sighed but I could tell she was kidding.

"Mom?" Lucas came up to the table and grabbed Camila's hand. "Can Dylan and I go to the movies tomorrow night with Jaiden?"

"Yea mommy, can I?" Dylan looked at me with her large green eyes.

"We'll see." Camila smiled and looked at me.

"We'll see." I repeated after her and the girls smiled, knowing the answer would probably be a yes.