|Shot 22| • Unexpected Bullshit II • |Jyatt|

WARNING - MATURE CONTENT + TRIGGERS

° ° ° °

JAEDEN'S POV

"He won't make it...it's time to pull the plug"

"This is a kid we're talking about, are you sure? He's only 16!"

"He's been here a week with no progress! There are other lives at stake!"

"Alright...just...make it quick"

I could hear faint voices at I started to wake up. Everything hurt, my stomach, my head, my heart...

Wait...where's Wyatt? WYATT!

I opened my eyes and tried to sit up.

"Wyatt, Wyatt!" I called frantically.

I want to see him, I need to see him.

"Stop, stop, he's awake!"

"What the hell?"

"It's a miracle! Are you alright son? Relax, take a deep breath"

I was surrounded by light and people in white coats. Two were on one side of the bed while a third was checking my pulse.

"What's going on? Where is Wyatt?" I pleaded.

"Relax, son, he's fine" the third one said.

He was tall, with dark brown hair and gray scruff on his chin and cheeks. He looked pleadingly into my eyes as he tried to calm me down.

"Where am I?" I queried.

"You're in the hospital, Jaeden. Do you remember what happened?" he asked gently.

I thought a moment.

"All I remember is going to the IT Con with Wyatt...him holding my hand...then this, this searing pain shooting through my stomach...was I...was I shot? Was Wyatt shot!?"

"Relax, son, he's fine. Wyatt is at home with no injuries. You, on the other hand, well..."

"What is it?" I questioned.

"You shouldn't be awake right now. What seemed like a clean shot at first did internal damage to your abdomen that we thought couldn't be repaired. It's a miracle you're alive" he explained. "How do you feel? You're not bleeding or anything"

"I...I feel sore, but, I'm fine"

"Well, we'll run a few tests to make sure but, in the meantime, someone should call your friend-"

"Boyfriend" I corrected sternly.

"-Boyfriend, Wyatt, and let him know the news. Immediately"

"Immediately? He should know I'm okay but why is it urgent?" I questioned.

He looked at the other doctors for an answer but they just stared nervously at him.