|Shot 94| • Driving • |Jyatt|

They're. Getting. So. Big. And look how long Jaeden and Wyatt's hair is!

This is from Jaeden's Insta story ~Jae👑

° ° ° °

WYATT'S POV

"Alright, Jaeden, ready?" I asked buckling.

He took a deep breath and gripped the steering wheel.

"Yep"

"Alright. It's just like I said, turn the key, gently release the clutch, and drive slowly, simple as that"

"Okay, I got this" he said proudly.

He turned the key after buckling and the engine sputtered to life.

"Good" I praised him. "Clutch?"

He grabbed the clutch and slowly put it into gear.

"Good. Now gently press the gas"

Jaeden did as told the The car moved slowly at first, then smooth and steady.

"Great, Jae!" I praised him again.

"Ha!" he laughed triumphantly. "Look at me, Wy! I'm driving!"

"Eyes on the road, you goof" I chuckled.

We pulled out of my driveway and Jaeden began driving down the street. For his first time, Jaeden is a great driver, but I'm not that surprised. He's great with cars.

"I still don't understand why you wanted me to help you drive, Jae. You're great with cars"

"Well, I uh...I guess I just wanted to make sure I did it right" he shrugged.

"Jae, you don't need my help" I defended him.

"Well," he blushed, "I guess I just wanted an excuse to hangout with you, then"

"Oh" I blushed, my cheeks flooding with heat. "Well, um...You could've just said so, I would've hung out with you regardless"

"Guess so" he chuckled nervously.

The car ride was silent for awhile after that, until I cleared my throat.

"So uhm...since you're driving, wanna go grab some lunch? My treat?" I offered.

"Sh-Sure" he stuttered. "But you don't have to pay, I'd be happy to"

"Okay" I agreed. "Thanks"

"Sure, Wy"

JAEDEN'S POV

The awkward tension increased as the car returned to silence. To try to ease the tension, I reached for the radio and Wyatt did the same, his fingers gently brushing mine.

Our eyes met, and the heat returned to my cheeks as the crimson returned to his.

I was cursing at myself for making things awkward. I love Wyatt. I talk to him all the time. Why couldn't I talk to him now?

He's so beautiful, more than he or anybody else knows or cares to notice, but I notice. I notice everyday. He's effortlessly gorgeous.

"Wyatt..." I whispered staring, but before he or I could say anything more, the car swerved.

"Jaeden!" he screamed.

"Shit!"

The car swerved and hit a tree. Luckily, though, it didn't do much damage to the car, or us.

WYATT'S POV

"Jesus, Wy, are you okay?" Jaeden questioned frantically as he unbuckled and I stared wide-eyed at the airbag.

"Yeah" I replied breathlessly. "I'm okay, what about you?"

He let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm okay...Jesus, I'm sorry, Wyatt"

"It's alright. Let's go check the car" I said climbing out.

"Alright" he said sheepishly and followed me to the front of the car.

The fender was bent and the headlights were shattered, but other than that, the car didn't seem too banged up.

Jaeden rubbed the back of his neck.

"Guess we should skip lunch, huh?" he chuckled nervously.

I glared at him.

"Jaeden, you're lucky this didn't turn out worse than it did! I told you, keep your eyes on the road" I scolded, and he looked away as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

I sighed and put a hand on my hip as I ran a hand through my curls.

"I'm sorry, Jae, I didn't mean to yell"

"No, um, it's alright. It's my fault, you should be angry" he said apologetically.

"No, I shouldn't be angry. Accidents happen, I should've been paying attention too. But what the hell got you so distracted?"

"What got you distracted?" he quipped.

I sighed, then grinned at him as his curious, gentle eyes met mine. His emerald eyes twinkled in the moonlight bathing his tender skin.

I took a step forward, standing a breath away from him.

"You" we both said in sync.

I cupped his cheeks instinctively and kissed his soft lips. He did the same, and I pressed him against the car door, kissing tenderly and hungrily.

"You're so beautiful, Wyatt" he mumbled against my lips, and I pulled away, still cupping his warm cheeks in my hands. "How the hell am I supposed to watch the road when all I want to watch is you?"

"Jaeden," I whispered, and stroked his cheek, "do you have any idea how gorgeous you are, or how in love with you I am?"

"Do you?" he quipped affectionately, and his emerald eyes lit up with a smile as I grinned jovially at him.

"Come on, Jae baby, the car still runs. Let's go out to eat, my treat"

"I thought you'd never ask"

° ° ° °

5|18|18