|Shot 55| • In Sickness & Health • |Stenbrough|

° ° ° °

BILL'S POV

"Stanny, really, you d-don't have to- argh!"

I erupted into a coughing fit, this one bad enough to make my stomach hurt and my ribs feel tough. Stan flashed me a concerned look and grabbed a glass of water off my nightstand, slowly bringing it to my lips.

"Here, Bill. Take some sips, I put some lemon in it for your throat" he instructed gently.

"Thanks, Stan," I smirked, "but is the face mask really necessary?"

"Yes" he said sternly and furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Do you have any idea how many germs are in regular saliva and your body in general? And then when you're sick it's worse! I don't want to get me or anyone else sick"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as I sat up.

"You s-s-sound like Eddie" I chuckled weakly, suppressing a cough.

"Hey, on the bright side you get to skip school...and I'm gonna skip too to take care of you" his eyes smiled.

"Well w-w-what good is staying home w-with you if I'm s-s-sick and can't even k-kiss you" I mumbled without making eye contact.

"Bill..." he whispered, and I pouted as I turned to face him.

Before I could react though, he leaned forward on my bed and kissed my lips through his mask.

"Better?"

"Y-Yeah" I stuttered, then we both laughed. "Thanks, Stan, b-but really, you d-didn't have to d-do this for me"

"I wanted to, Bill. What's that vow, 'In sickness and in health'?"

"A muh-marriage vow...is this a puh-puh-proposal, Stan?" I smirked and cocked an eyebrow.

"N-No" he blushed. "Anyway, you took care of me once...now it's my turn"

"Well, th-thanks Stan, but that's my juh-job. It's m-my job to protect you, to k-keep you safe"

"You think I wouldn't do the same for you?"

"I know you w-would, I just...you know w-what I mean"

"Yeah" he chuckled. "I know what you mean"

I sighed as I smiled and shook my head.

"I love you, Stan"

"I love you too"

"Awww, Stan, you're so c-cute!" I giggled, pulled down his mask, and pulled him into my bed, tickling his sides.

"Buh-Bill! Hahaha, st-stahp, you're gonna get me sick you little punk!"

I smashed my lips onto his now exposed lips and he kissed back, despite his protests a moment before.

"I'm so gonna get sick now" he whined, and I pulled him into my lap.

"Worth it"

° ° ° °