|Shot 43| • Look At Me • |Stenbrough|

° ° ° °

BILL'S POV

There he stood. My best friend looking gorgeous as ever as he organized his locker. He always organizes his locker at the end of every day, and it's so cute how he always tries to make things neat. I smiled jovially as I approached him.

"Hey, Stan" I greeted him.

"Hey, Bill" he greeted smiling without looking at me as he held a stack of books in his hands.

He was reaching to put them on the top shelf of his locker.

"So Stan, would you wanna get ice cream with me?" I blurted out shyly, and he dropped his books.

He awkwardly tried catching them as he pressed himself against the locker and turned to me. His golden-brown curls fell at his eyes but with his hands full, he couldn't brush them out of his vision.

"Uhh, what?" he said softly as he raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Ice cream" I repeated with a warm smile, and brushed the curls from his eyes. "Would you want to get some with me?"

"O-Oh, uhm...yes, yeah" he blushed.

"Cool" I grinned goofily, and bent down to pick up his books.

"Thanks" he smiled, and took them gently from my hands before placing them in his locker and closing it.

I grinned at him and he smiled back as we walked out of the school together.

--

"You know, I can't help but notice two things, Bill" he said as we walked.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Well for one, shouldn't we have waited for Eddie and Richie? I mean, I'm not complaining, but..."

"No" I chuckled. "I just wanted it to be you and me"

"Oh..." he blushed. "Well, good"

I grinned at him and we walked to the ice cream parlor. I ordered two ice cream cones for us and we walked to the park together.

"Hey, Stan?"

"Yeah?"

"Uhm, what was the second thing?" I asked softly.

"Oh uhm...well, I noticed you haven't stuttered since you asked me to get ice cream with you. Not once"

I thought about it a moment. I hadn't even realized it. My stutter falters whenever I'm with Stan. I was only ever like this with one other person.

"Yeah, I don't know...whenever I'm with you, I just feel better. I feel happy. I think...you make me better, Stan" I said gently, and when I turned to face him with crimson cheeks, his were crimson too, but his lips held a warm smile.

"I...I feel the same way, Bill" he said softly. "I don't...freak out as much around you or worry about my OCD. I think...you make me better too"

My heart beat faster. I couldn't tear away from his gaze. His beautiful golden-brown eyes pierced mine sweetly as we gazed into each other's eyes. I could feel the tension grow between us.

And just as we leaned in, the devil had to tear us apart.

"Oh look, two little faggots eating ice cream together, how cute" the voice laughed deviously.

"F-Fuck you, B-Bowers" I stuttered.

"Why? What are you gonna d-d-d-d-do? B-B-B-B-Billy?"

He snickered when I went silent, and approached us.

"Exactly" he said coldly, and grabbed the ice cream from our hands forcefully, and dumped them on our heads before walking away.

That pissed me off.

I got up and pushed Henry.

"F-Fuck you, Bowers!" I screamed.

He gave me a harsh, demonic glare before bearing his teeth and charging at me. He was bigger than me, but I didn't care. I swung at him and punched his eye.

"Fuck!" he wailed in pain, and I hit him again, this time in the nose, making him bleed.

"L-Leave us the f-fuck alone, or I'll k-kick your ass again" I spat, and he growled before walking away holding his nose.

I turned to Stan and my expression softened. He was crying and frantically wiping his shirt.

"Stan?" I said tenderly and kneeled down in front of him.

"H-He g-got it all over me, i-it's everywhere a-and sticky a-and-" he sobbed, but I gently grabbed his hands.

"Stan. Stan, look at me, it's okay, he's gone. I'm right here, Stan, look at me" I pleaded softly.

The tears continued to stream down his cheeks as he sobbed and hung his head. My heart shattered. Something always has to fuck things up for us, and it hurt to see Stan upset.

"Stan...I love you" I blurted out.

"W-What?" he questioned, and looked up at me through blurry eyes.

"I love you" I smiled, but he shook his head.

"No you don't, how could you? I'm a mess, I'm a freak! I'm a stupid disgusting OCD freak! I'm a worthless mess, I-" he cried despondently, but I cut him off.

I grasped his hands and leaned forward, smashing our lips together. He was surprised at first, but kissed back a little. When I pulled away and looked into his eyes, my heart fluttered as he stared back.

"Bill?" he questioned confusedly.

"I love you, Stan. It's okay, as long as I'm here I won't let him, or anyone else, hurt you. You're safe. And I don't care that you have OCD. You're not a mess, you're beautiful. And you're not worthless, you mean everything to me and I need you. I love you. I absolutely unconditionally love you, Stan"

"I-I..." he said surprised.

I searched his soft brown eyes as I cupped his beautiful face in my hands.

"I love you too" he smiled, and I pulled him into a tight hug as he embraced me. "I love you so much, Bill"

"I love you, baby. Come on, let's get you cleaned up" I grinned.

He smiled and grabbed my hand, but not before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

I kissed back instantly and intertwined our fingers. It felt so good to finally call him mine, and to get to be his. And it felt so good to squeeze his hand.

But even better to feel him squeeze back.

° ° ° °