|Shot 65| • Surprise • |Jyatt|

° ° ° °

JAEDEN'S POV

"Soooo, Wy," I said casually as I stared at the ceiling, "whatchoo wanna do today?"

He looked up from his phone and smirked.

"Let me guess" I chortled.

"Carnival" we answered at the same time, and chuckled warmly.

"Hell yeah" he laughed.

I grinned at him and he mirrored it as we ran to the door. I grabbed my hoodie as he grabbed his keys and headed outside. Once we were in the car, we giggled like little kids before he shoved the key in the ignition.

The engine roared to life and we drove off to the carnival.

--

"I'm in love with the shape of you,
You push and pull like a magnet too
I'm in love with your body"

"Ugggh" I groaned. "I hate this song"

"You don't like Ed Sheeran?" Wyatt queried offended.

"I love Ed Sheeran, I just don't like this song"

"How come?" he stepped closer.

"I don't know, I mean...it's all about him falling in love with a girl for her body...for what's on the outside. I just think there's more important things to love about a person, you know?" I explained.

"You're right" he admitted, and smiled warmly.

I hadn't realized how close we were standing until someone bumped into us.

"Sorry, buddy!" they apologized as they ran past.

I had squeezed my eyes shut when they bumped me, and I opened them to find my forehead resting against Wyatt's lips.

He smiled at me and I blushed.

"S-Sorry" I chuckled nervously.

"No worries" he smirked nonchalantly.

I rubbed the back of my neck as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Anyway" he changed the subject. "Let's go ride the ferris wheel before it gets too late"

"Sure" I smiled, and he grinned.

He reached to grab my hand, and although my crimson cheeks set fire, I let him, and he intertwined our fingers. There's nothing wrong with two boys holding hands. It didn't mean anything.

Did it?

--

We were hoisted up high, and although I had a hoodie and a flannel and T-shirt on underneath, I was freezing. Wyatt must have noticed, because he scooted closer to me (if that were even possible) in the car we shared.