Drinks And Bonding

As Maddie reached the door, she hadn't even knocked before it had been yanked open and she'd been greeted by a possibly tipsy Selene.

"Mads! Hey! You made it! Come in, we're having a party!"

Over Selene's shoulder, a smirking Nyx was rolling her eyes and shaking her head, making Maddie quietly chuckle as she entered.

"It's not a party, we're just hanging out." Nyx lowered her voice. "Help me, she's trying to bond with me."

Maddie playfully elbowed her, and got an elbow back.

They walked into the lounge, where Owen and Travis were debating over the family's old stereo system, which seemed to be on strike for some reason or other.

Maddie nudged Nyx. "Hey, want to see me make Travis uncomfortable?"

Nyx nodded, smiling humourously.

Maddie returned the grin. "Alright, get me a drink and I will."

Selene swept into the room at that moment, flopping down onto the sofa with a bounce. "Come on, guys, leave the stupid music alone! Come on, what we playing first, huh?"

"Not spin the bottle." Nyx stated. "I don't think we've got enough people for that to not get real awkward real quick."

"Oh, I don't know." Maddie said, settling back into a chair. "Could be quite fun. Eh, Travis?"

Travis looked around at his name, then, clocking what she said and catching her gaze, flushed and quickly turned back to the stereo.

Maddie laughed loudly. "Do I get my drink now?"

"What about Strip Poker?"

"Ah, I don't know." Owen said, straightening up. "I don't think anyone's drunk enough for that yet."

"If you need to be drunk to play Strip Poker, you are weak." Nyx cackled.

"... Says the one that always wins."

"I don't... Always win." She said, taking a seat next to Maddie. "I was loosing pretty chronically at Christmas..." She ran her finger thoughtfully in circles around the top of her drinking glass. "That was bad..."

"You girls thrashed us guys!"

"Yeah, but..." She smirked, taking a long draught of her drink.

Maddie shot her a look. "Did you think to get me one whilst you were up there?" She stated sarcastically.

Nyx swallowed exaggeratedly, and held out her glass, offering it to Maddie.

"I don't want that, it's got your amoebas in it now."

"I haven't got amoebas!" Nyx squealed. "Or like, everyone does? I don't know. Get your own damn drink."

"Actually, Nyx, can I have a word?" Maddie said, getting up and gesturing for out into the kitchen.
Nyx got up, shrugging and downing her drink, before following after her.

"What's up?" She asked, taking a bottle and refilling her drink, before pouring one for Maddie.

"You know your nutjob doppelganger? I think she's stalking me."

Nyx put the bottle down loudly. "Fuck."

She sighed harshly, picking up her drink. "Well, there goes my evening. What did she do now?"