Items Of Interest

Emilia was annoyed.

"You said you'd help me find my sister. All that's happened is I've been sitting tight whilst you've been going out and having a 'jolly good' time!"

"You're welcome to come too, you know." Alysha said, not really paying attention as instead she was curiously going through the chest of draws in Emilia's room, idly fiddling with her sparse possessions.
"You don't have to stay here and mope. Loosen up a little."

Emilia narrowed her eyes at Alysha, watching her testing out a small bottle of perfume on her wrist.
"If you're not going to be of use, then leave."

"Patience isn't your strong suit, is it?" Alysha said, scenting the perfume on her wrist and making a sound of pleasure. " Mmmm..."

Emilia snatched the bottle out of her hands. "Get useful, or get out." she snapped.

"Mimi, Honey, you know there's no crime in enjoying life, right?"

"Mimi?" Emilia asked, eyebrow raised.

Alysha shrugged, grinning. "I like it. It's staying."

Suddenly, face lighting up like a kid at Christmas, she reached into the cabinet draw and pulled out a lipstick which she immediately began to undo, only to have an really irritated Emilia snatch it out of her hands.

Alysha took in Emilia's angry glare, seemingly completely unfazed. "Mimi, good things come to those who wait!"

Emilia was not impressed.

Chuckling, Alysha placed her hands on Emilia's shoulders in an act of a friendly manner.
"Look, is that what it'll take to make you all sweet and nice? Yeah? Aw, okay Honey, I can arrange a little family reunion.
But listen. Things happen when they're meant to, and not a moment before, understand?
And whilst I admire your independence and determination, I'm going to tell you now, sometimes a little trust goes a long way. A leap of faith. A shot in the dark. I swear, Emilia, I always deliver."

Her wicked grin was unnerving to Emilia.

"Oh, and I'm borrowing the lipstick." Alysha said, plucking it from Emilia's lax hands.